Whats this about

45 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

They may fare better in the Slot-T 

A certain coach was open minded. If the talent is there they will run what fits the kids. We will find out if the rumors are true. Bridge City is a baseball town. Bridge City like LCM and Lumberton have talent walking halls and some years they produce and some do not. 

48 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

What happens here, if Silsbee, or maybe Jasper and WOS, say heck with trying to schedule out of a 5 team district, and they all opt up? That would be kinda interesting?

This is why I say that none of them should be allowed to do it.  It opens up the potential for all kinds of crazy stuff.

6 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Needs to be investigated and signed off on for the right reasons really.

Who decides the “right reasons”? Like I said.. just NO across the board.  If you think your school district can’t cover travel expenses, just forfeit your playoff spot and schedule schools within a whatever mile radius.

12 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Who decides the “right reasons”? Like I said.. just NO across the board.  If you think your school district can’t cover travel expenses, just forfeit your playoff spot and schedule schools within a whatever mile radius.

That's silly. Is this even a real issue? Have there been major conflicts and complaints in the state?

Note to self: If you want to blow something up that no one even cares about, start a thread and get some traction.

12 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

What about the Districts? Some schools are 100+ miles away from every school that would be in the District. Playoffs are a small part 

24 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

That's silly. Is this even a real issue? Have there been major conflicts and complaints in the state?

Note to self: If you want to blow something up that no one even cares about, start a thread and get some traction.

I didn't say it was a real issue.. I implied that it's potentially an issue.  Then I gave an opinion of which I'm allowed.  You don't have to like or agree with it.

10 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

What about the Districts? Some schools are 100+ miles away from every school that would be in the District. Playoffs are a small part 

It's obviously allowed because districts have been and are doing it.  This is what I'd call a legitimate reason.  "Extreme" distances could have an impact on stretched budgets or class time for students.. I would think that UIL could come up with a list of qualifying situations for playing in a different district than UIL assigned.  What would be the reason for Liberty or HJ to opt up?  They're certainly not "100+ miles away from every school that would be in the District".. so what's the reason?  And then, hypothetically, should a school or more from the previous district decide to opt up to avoid a 5 team district.. is that not as good of a reason?  See what I'm saying?  A fraction of the public school in Texas that live in the middle of nowhere are saving money and school time, but it's applying statewide.  I don't agree.

Not that it matters.. the UIL has never done several opinions of mine so why would they start now?  They wouldn't.

The good news is:

1. people are only outraged at the speculation that suddenly 100s of schools are going to start opting up. This has basically become the red scare lol

2. We're talking two doormat setx school and doormat hisd schools, the effect is near zero. 

3. Re-alignment is every 2 years so problems can be solved We aren't locking in TV contracts, There's a reason they don't announce districts the day after numbers get submitted. Let them work it out and likely mess it up. You know, the way bureaucracy is supposed to work. 😃 

15 minutes ago, PBP.Aa.ron said:

Per Beaumont Enterprise, for sure HJ and likely Liberty.

This is the hidden content, please

HJ plays those teams in the spring sports?

They do not play Bridge City, LC-M, Lumberton and Vidor in basketball or baseball. They do play Huffman, Liberty and Livingston.

So how are they making it better in that aspect?

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

HJ plays those teams in the spring sports?

They do not play Bridge City, LC-M, Lumberton and Vidor in basketball or baseball. They do play Huffman, Liberty and Livingston.

So how are they making it better in that aspect?

They’re not. It’s merely a ruse to cover up their real intentions of opting up to play lesser opponents. They’ll still lose a lot though. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BBfan061 said:

Bridge City looks to be staying in 4A D2 unless they opt up.

Some notable changes coming… China Spring is back down to 4A D2 and Brock is moving up to 4A D2 

According to UIL's list, both Bridge City & Hardin-Jefferson will be 4A D1 for Football. 

Here is the list: 

This is the hidden content, please