Whats this about

Here's my thing: what does HJ lose here besides a little gas money?  The FOURTH worst team in this district is WOS, who, for all the talk of being dead and gone, lost by 4 to newton, OT to HF, OT to PNG, and by 3 to Jasper.  They're a coaching change away from being a top-10 4A-D2 school again next year.   Football is the only sport with divisions, so it doesn't mess anything up for the other sports.  I don't really see any disadvantage to doing this, although I also don't really see a whole ton of upside, other than maybe picking up an extra win or two, and not getting blown out quite as bad every game.

5 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Here's my thing: what does HJ lose here besides a little gas money?  The FOURTH worst team in this district is WOS, who, for all the talk of being dead and gone, lost by 4 to newton, OT to HF, OT to PNG, and by 3 to Jasper.  They're a coaching change away from being a top-10 4A-D2 school again next year.   Football is the only sport with divisions, so it doesn't mess anything up for the other sports.  I don't really see any disadvantage to doing this, although I also don't really see a whole ton of upside, other than maybe picking up an extra win or two, and not getting blown out quite as bad every game.

agree

HJ may have enough ath to play in that district. No matter how many transfer from BMT it isnt more than the big 4 have.

HJ didn't get last yr best Middle schoolers from BMT last season.  The QB and RB still went to WB.   They got a slot,LB from Marshall and couple from Vincent that play minor roles on thier team.  Marshall starting QB still ended up WB as well. 

6 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

It's any schools prerogative to opt up. Most do it to minimize travel and in some cases, be more in a district that is similar to the other sports district. I get that.

But this is not a move that would put them in a similar district. BC, LC-M, Lumberton and Vidor are in a different district for the other sports. Only Huffman and Livingston would share the same district with Liberty and HJ in all sports. So doing it for those purposes just doesn't make sense.

Which leads to what Stepp is saying. Opting up for competitive reasons and pretty sure that's not why UIL allows this choice.

Be curious to see if they do or not.

21 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Credibility. Integrity.

2 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Wrong. Little Sister Mauriceville. New acronym. It’s a reference to LCM bejng WOS’s little sister. If you read all the posts instead of just trolling, you would have seen that. 

and again, spelling is NOT high on the curriculum at the eyesore. 

13 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It's any schools prerogative to opt up. Most do it to minimize travel and in some cases, be more in a district that is similar to the other sports district. I get that.

But this is not a move that would put them in a similar district. BC, LC-M, Lumberton and Vidor are in a different district for the other sports. Only Huffman and Livingston would share the same district with Liberty and HJ in all sports. So doing it for those purposes just doesn't make sense.

Which leads to what Stepp is saying. Opting up for competitive reasons and pretty sure that's not why UIL allows this choice.

Be curious to see if they do or not.

and you can't argue that you're saving money on gas, especially factoring in Livingston.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Sticking with the thread title: does Lumberwood and LSM have physical speed and atmospheric atmosphere? If so what's that all about?😁 

Watch this @NDNation @BMTSoulja1 

I cannot take someone seriously who's team was outscored by buna, and has probably the worst all time record in the entire buttercup district they're sitting on their horse about winning lol 

2 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

I cannot take someone seriously who's team was outscored by buna, and has probably the worst all time record in the entire buttercup district they're sitting on their horse about winning lol 

I give them this: they have a damn good HC in Lumberton. 

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I think they're riding on the coat tails of WOS. Success by geography, I guess. They're kinda like Uncle Rico talking about what could have been...

I'm from Lumberton. Played there, raised athletes there, announced football games there, ran the booster club there... I know who we are and who we aren't. Winning tradition? No. Mecca? Definitely not. Going to the 4th round? Probably not. Current undisputed District Champions (ahead of the Bears)? Damn Right! Lol. 

It's just funny to see the guys tout LSM like they are state contenders year in and year out. Just having some fun with the guys who fizzled out after the 12th grade...

Uh oh. Watch out hes got a trophy for being an announcer for Lumberton little dribblers.

Noone lcm or otherwise would disagree we are west oranges little everything in football...