Whats this about

I don't know with 100% certainty why H-J and Liberty are considering opting up, but I know what the optics of it are

It's a loophole in the UIL Realignment policies and these two would not be the first to "utilize" it. But this I think is going to cause the UIL to put some guardrails around opting up in future alignments 

13 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I thought they were referring to Crosby. 🤦🏾‍♂️ 

I think they're riding on the coat tails of WOS. Success by geography, I guess. They're kinda like Uncle Rico talking about what could have been...

I'm from Lumberton. Played there, raised athletes there, announced football games there, ran the booster club there... I know who we are and who we aren't. Winning tradition? No. Mecca? Definitely not. Going to the 4th round? Probably not. Current undisputed District Champions (ahead of the Bears)? Damn Right! Lol. 

It's just funny to see the guys tout LSM like they are state contenders year in and year out. Just having some fun with the guys who fizzled out after the 12th grade...

39 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

Arrogant for only having a few winning years in PROGRAM HISTORY but then again its expected coming from lumberton faithful. 

Sounds like some fragile egos in Orange,  Looking at histories it sure seems like Lumberton and LCM have more in common than they want to believe. couple more play off appearances I think and maybe a few playoff wins. overall win/loss is very even. LCM has head to head. Seems like LCM is screaming and teary eyed trying to convince themselves that they are more like PNG and Ned than Lumberton.

32 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

I don't know with 100% certainty why H-J and Liberty are considering opting up, but I know what the optics of it are

It's a loophole in the UIL Realignment policies and these two would not be the first to "utilize" it. But this I think is going to cause the UIL to put some guardrails around opting up in future alignments 

So you are saying it is liberty and HJ might make that jump… interesting 

UIL allows HISD schools to opt and stay in one district. Until they do something to stop these schools, then other schools should be allowed to opt up. HISD uses it for the same reason, they cannot compete in other districts as a whole. Can Liberty and HJ compete in 4D1? Not sure, but I bet it's more competitive than playing in their current district. 

23 minutes ago, Looper said:

Sounds like some fragile egos in Orange,  Looking at histories it sure seems like Lumberton and LCM have more in common than they want to believe. couple more play off appearances I think and maybe a few playoff wins. overall win/loss is very even. LCM has head to head. Seems like LCM is screaming and teary eyed trying to convince themselves that they are more like PNG and Ned than Lumberton.

🤣 Thinking I'm from lcm... nice try