Bellville vs West Orange Stark

BBfan061

If you look at our schedule… our closest game was a 31-3 win over Navasota who yes finished the year 4-6 and missed the playoffs but also beat 4A D1 #9 Bay City 30-26. That game Bellville struggled on offense in the first half and was only up 3-0 at halftime. Then went on to out score Navasota 28-3 in the second half. Probably doesn’t mean much but Bellville beat them worse than 4A D1 #4 Iowa Colony (37-21) as well… We can argue regular season schedules and strength of schedule all we want which is fine it’s good cooler talk but at the end of the day tomorrow night is what matters. I think it’s two good teams regardless of records and I think Bellville wins by a couple scores in a close one. Silsbee, HF, and Jasper didn’t blow out WOS and neither will we. 

1 hour ago, BBfan061 said:

Bellvillesports.com is still waiting to hear from the UIL if they are gonna be permitted to broadcast the game. Will by noon tomorrow at the latest 

They started notifying folks yesterday afternoon. Kinda weird Bellville hasn't heard back yet. 

2 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

If you look at our schedule… our closest game was a 31-3 win over Navasota who yes finished the year 4-6 and missed the playoffs but also beat 4A D1 #9 Bay City 30-26. That game Bellville struggled on offense in the first half and was only up 3-0 at halftime. Then went on to out score Navasota 28-3 in the second half. Probably doesn’t mean much but Bellville beat them worse than 4A D1 #4 Iowa Colony (37-21) as well… We can argue regular season schedules and strength of schedule all we want which is fine it’s good cooler talk but at the end of the day tomorrow night is what matters. I think it’s two good teams regardless of records and I think Bellville wins by a couple scores in a close one. Silsbee, HF, and Jasper didn’t blow out WOS and neither will we. 

we did though come back from a 17 point lead they had on us at midway of the third quarter.

Should be a very good game but  bein from La Grange we have played them earlier this year they are big and physical and  very fast and will pound the ball until you can stop it but WOS we all know they have serious speed and can score alot of points we know that from experience couple of years ago I got Bellville but if WOS wins I wouldn't be shocked 

15 minutes ago, leopardfan201 said:

Should be a very good game but  bein from La Grange we have played them earlier this year they are big and physical and  very fast and will pound the ball until you can stop it but WOS we all know they have serious speed and can score alot of points we know that from experience couple of years ago I got Bellville but if WOS wins I wouldn't be shocked 

Looks like yall improved as the year went on. Good luck against Madisonville!

On 11/6/2023 at 1:42 PM, Eazy said:

Well Bellville probably should win this game by 3-4 TD’s on paper.  But WOS is usually quite the dog fight for them.  Last year. A 5-5 WOS team gave them all they could handle. So here we go again: 5-5 vs. 10-0.  I’ll take Bellville, but not by much.  

Even on paper this should be a close one.  OT loss to 5AD2 #3 PNG.  OT loss to 4AD2 #8 HF.  4 point loss to 3A-D2 #5 Newton, who's winning most 4A districts.  3 point loss to Jasper, who's realistically a top-15 team in 4AD2, and ranked in the top ten if they aren't playing in this district.  And then the 2 TD loss to 4AD2 #2 Silsbee, in which WOS was plenty competitive.  WOS could've easily won 4 of those 5 games, and I'll be honest, I think you could swap these two team's schedules and Bellville would be 5-5 (maybe 6-4) and WOS would be 10-0.  

16 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Even on paper this should be a close one.  OT loss to 5AD2 #3 PNG.  OT loss to 4AD2 #8 HF.  4 point loss to 3A-D2 #5 Newton, who's winning most 4A districts.  3 point loss to Jasper, who's realistically a top-15 team in 4AD2, and ranked in the top ten if they aren't playing in this district.  And then the 2 TD loss to 4AD2 #2 Silsbee, in which WOS was plenty competitive.  WOS could've easily won 4 of those 5 games, and I'll be honest, I think you could swap these two team's schedules and Bellville would be 5-5 (maybe 6-4) and WOS would be 10-0.  

People are funny. Anything less than WOS win against an inferior Bellville team will be considered a major failure.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Only beating Bridge City by 2 tds and trailing in the first half is a bit of a head scratcher but I agree with what your saying for the most part

14 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Only beating Bridge City by 2 tds and trailing in the first half is a bit of a head scratcher but I agree with what your saying for the most part

They did start slowly during the BC game. BC was very competitive in key spots. I'm hoping for a friendly game with no injuries.