Tigers vs Stangs(The Showdown)

RealTalkRob

1 hour ago, RealTalkRob said:

I'm picking the Tigers in a close one, but not predicting a score(Could be a Trap Game) 

That's funny bcz, the cards are stacked against us. Not only do we have to face all the talent on Silsbee along with yall coaching staff.and our kids has to try to play for someone yall let go.so really not hard to pick!!

The Mustangs have played the Tigers more than any other team in the past, what, thirty years. They know each other very well, the talent, the athletes, the speed, the traditions, the fans. Each team knows what is coming at each others house. So hard to beat WOS at home. We can't let WOS get out front like last year. I'm looking forward to a good hard-fought game. I'm a homer so I'm picking Silsbee. Iron sharpens Iron. TigerNation!!!

I'm a Mustang through and through, but I'm also a realist. This game won't be close. We (WOS) might hang tight for a bit, but in the end it'll be a 3-4 TD loss, if not worse. The Mustangs can't even do the little things on defense... things like containing the edge are long gone. It's really hard to watch.

IMO, last year, even though Silsbee scored couple times at the end of game to pull ahead, that might have been the Stangs best effort all District. They always play Silsbee tough.

WOS fans might not realize it, but this might be the best Offense they have put on the field in a long time. I know the Defense is not playing good, but with the athletes they have, and the fact they always play hard against Tigers, and throw in a break or two, at home, and using BMT chapter of Referees, I think WOS should be the favorite here.

And I don't believe Tigers have ever won in that Stadium.

Another factor is , if WOS looses this game, the season is probably over. 

I am a 1980 WOS grad and played on WOS first district championship team. I have followed my Mustangs for my entire life and never have I seen a worse defense than I did the other night against the Newton Eagles. WOS has always prided itself on strong defense. This is a coaching issue in my opinion. The kids look disorganized and confused. This lackluster play would have never happened under the former coaching staffs. There is no gap integrity discipline and our edges are open. There are no coaching adjustments being made at halftime. It’s the same thing over and over.  Unless there is dramatic change WOS will just be another team fighting for a fourth place playoff spot relegated to an early playoff exit. Looking into the stands they were practically empty comparatively speaking from prior years. I am disappointed to see the program move in its current direction. The talent pool is exceptional. It is my prayer that the coaching staff will self scout and make the appropriate adjustments to give our kids the best chance. This is just one opinion from a former WOS Mustang player and lifelong Mustang fan!

42 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

IMO, last year, even though Silsbee scored couple times at the end of game to pull ahead, that might have been the Stangs best effort all District. They always play Silsbee tough.

WOS fans might not realize it, but this might be the best Offense they have put on the field in a long time. I know the Defense is not playing good, but with the athletes they have, and the fact they always play hard against Tigers, and throw in a break or two, at home, and using BMT chapter of Referees, I think WOS should be the favorite here.

Silsbee's very first win against WO-S came in that stadium.

5 hours ago, JaspD55 said:

Silsbee won at WOS in 1993