Newton (58) @ West Orange-Stark (54) - FINAL

jdawg03

7 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

He's a Silsbee alum. I thought he wanted to prove them wrong when they fired him as DC. Almost looks like a well orchestrated plan to infiltrate and kill the competition from within.

Kids are paying the price for this. We will have no D1 scholarships. Shaw got lucky that he was already being recruited before this fell apart last season. The sophomores that were starting against CS 2 years ago would've had a chance. If not for the administration's efforts to please the people that aren't here supporting our kids.

Voters have spoken will continue to step up for what's best for the students. Might even see WOSdrummer99 signs next election cycle. This experiment has to be stopped.

We want Bevil, Locks, Toby, DPG, and all other candidates to have a fair chance for employment at our equal opportunity school district. No more discrimination. No more demanding hiring anyone based on race. This is what we get when quality candidates are turned away and leaders of young men are hired for the wrong reason. I wouldn't be surprised if more move to LCM on Monday. Or if this ends up like the 96 season when almost all the senior leadership quit.

WOS 112%

112 was also the total points scored tonight btw

Hickman was never fired as DC. After not getting the HC job at Silsbee, he left and went to WO-S.

29 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Could WOS just have been looking forward to playing Silsbee? 

Could always be a possibility with teenagers.

But it seems that WOS isn’t very well coached or conditioned.   This game will get ugly.   Silsbee is not always more talented than WOS, but this year they are, and it’s not close.

Add in the coaching factor and it’ll be Silsbee by 24 and I’m being conservative. 

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Hickman was never fired as DC. After not getting the HC job at Silsbee, he left and went to WO-S.

Thanks for the clarification. Not that it makes it any better. But then the question of WhY didn't they hire him? Must've had higher expectations than what they believed was his ceiling. And now we've made them look like geniuses for not giving him the opportunity to lead his alma mater.

Of course there always gonna be those fans that can remain positive thru the storm. Only lost by 6 and 4 to state ranked opponents. Some programs would love that. Man if only we would've done this or that. We could've won either if them. Or both. And that's the problem. Being so close. To see how our kids have tried to follow the plan set by the staff. Only to come up short so many times in the last 2 seasons. 

21 PNG
3 Newton 
21 Silsbee 
5 HF
20 Jasper 
7 Bellville 
6 PNG
4 Newton 

This is the margin of defeat in all losses last 2 seasons. Avg = 10.875

14 hours ago, Sportsguy17 said:

I bet bridge city is looking at there district schedule, and probably can't wait to play wos compared to the other teams in the district 

No… it might be a bad year for the Mustangs, but it’s a bad year for us, too. We just gave up 50+ to Lum, but couldn’t score 50 of our own.  

I think it’s time for the Mustang Faithful to realize that the past is gone forever and isn’t coming back.  You can’t simply hire an old assistant who has struggled elsewhere and expect a return to greatness… that ship has sailed. 

A decent coach will get y’all some wins, but unless you land another HOF level guy (and none of the former assistants y’all are yelling for are even winners, much less HOF level guys), you’ll be above average most years and that’s about it. 

Personally, I’d like to give a big shout out to all of the people who signed the petition to run CT out of town. Y’all got what you ordered… eat it up. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think it’s time for the Mustang Faithful to realize that the past is gone forever and isn’t coming back.  You can’t simply hire an old assistant who has struggled elsewhere and expect a return to greatness… that ship has sailed. 

A decent coach will get y’all some wins, but unless you land another HOF level guy (and none of the former assistants y’all are yelling for are even winners, much less HOF level guys), you’ll be above average most years and that’s about it. 

Personally, I’d like to give a big shout out to all of the people who signed the petition to run CT out of town. Y’all got what you ordered… eat it up. 

Been saying that for years.  Literally had two Hall of Fame Coaches back to back.  Most schools never have one, much less two.  Much less two in a row.  To say they are spoiled is an understatement.  

YaboiKT started the petition and was the first whining last year…haven’t seen anything from him lately maybe he’s trying to lay low and get on superintendent good side so he can get in and line this mess out

Wait - I must have had my head in the sand. There was an actual petition that full-grown humans signed to run off a guy who went 3-1 fours years in a row at state? I thought he just retired because he was getting older. 

15 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Wait - I must have had my head in the sand. There was an actual petition that full-grown humans signed to run off a guy who went 3-1 fours years in a row at state? I thought he just retired because he was getting older. 

Absolutely. They claimed CT was racist and needed to go. 

This is the hidden content, please

Edit…. That’s all ancient history now.  We should be talking about the 2023 Stangs and what can be done to help them improve.