2023 Dallas Cowboys

15 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Please list the 28 or 29 QBs better than Dak. Just curious on this list 

I’ll do you one better. Here are the qbs that I wouldn’t take over Dak.

1. Zach Wilson (but only because Rogers got hurt).

2. Bryce Young 

3. Bailey Zappe

4. Sam Howell

Anybody else in the league with our current lineup is still playing next weekend.

Piling up regular season stats doesn’t  mean a thing when you lose games when it matters.  If it’s a stat contest, Marino, Romo, and Dak are the greatest qbs of the Super Bowl era.  

I know what everyone is saying about JJ, but how did he win 3 SBs? Not many other owners can say that. The owners who can claim that are hitting dry spells too. Just curious in the blame game, I blame coaches for not having their team prepared. Did they even practice?

The main problem with most teams is that coaches are too soft on their prima Donna’s. 

Just now, spidersal said:

Jerry Jones won 3 superbowls because of Jimmy Johnson and then he got rid of him. 

Jerry Jones won 3 Super bowls because of Herschel Walker. Jimmy Johnson moved on to Miami and became Joe ordinary with a 36-28 record. 

6 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’ll do you one better. Here are the qbs that I wouldn’t take over Dak.

1. Zach Wilson (but only because Rogers got hurt).

2. Bryce Young 

3. Bailey Zappe

4. Sam Howell

Anybody else in the league with our current lineup is still playing next weekend.

Piling up regular season stats doesn’t  mean a thing when you lose games when it matters.  If it’s a stat contest, Marino, Romo, and Dak are the greatest qbs of the Super Bowl era.  

So not the 4 you said but Geno Smith/ Carr/ Russell Wilson/ Daniel Jones/ Kenny Pickett/ Desmond Ridder/ Gardner Minshew/ Ryan Tannehill/ Aidan O’Connell/ Justin Fields/ Joe Flacco/ Jalen Hurts/ Kirk Cousins would still be playing next weekend with our lineup? Interesting. And that’s just off the top of my head 

Arguably so Chargers have a very talented Roster and look where that has got them… 

They better figure out how to run the ball and conversely, stop the run on D…they haven’t been able to stop the run for years and you simply cannot compete for championships getting the ball crammed down your throat all game long and having the other team impose their physical will against you…this happens to Dallas routinely

it’s a microcosm of their overall soft natured culture, if you ask me…all flair and no substance…tons of talent, no real toughness to win and close big games and beat good teams…that starts at the top with what ownership creates and it will never change unless Jerrah makes a significant change in how he runs and builds the team…he got lucky with Jimmy Johnson (he didn’t really know what he was doing and hired a college buddy who happened to be great) and he hired Parcells when he was desperate to get a new stadium and couldn’t get the support coming off of 3 successive 5-11 seasons…these are the only times he has allowed anyone else to have control of “football” and each time, he eventually couldn’t stand it and screwed it up.

Jerry knows how to make money and build a brand, but he doesn’t know squat about how to build a winning football culture…worse yet, he thinks that he does and wont give up on the notion that he does…if you can’t tell, I am a Cowboy fan, but way past fed up with the Jones’…I don’t even get that upset when they choke anymore as it has become my expectation…I would be surprised if they actually won anything in the postseason 

I like the big back idea…problem with pollard is they overpaid him…he’s a FA but will likely want and get more than he’s worth and we should pay…for that reason, I’d let him walk.

overshown helps, but he’s undersized as well…they need some big, nasty run stuffers at LB and on the interior of that DL big time…they unfortunately need more of those than I think they can solve for in one year, but if McCarthy is truly going to autopsy the losses, that has to be a glaring hole…run defense 

5 hours ago, Razor said:

I like the big back idea…problem with pollard is they overpaid him…he’s a FA but will likely want and get more than he’s worth and we should pay…for that reason, I’d let him walk.

overshown helps, but he’s undersized as well…they need some big, nasty run stuffers at LB and on the interior of that DL big time…they unfortunately need more of those than I think they can solve for in one year, but if McCarthy is truly going to autopsy the losses, that has to be a glaring hole…run defense 

Shanahan tree killed the Cowboys 

The Cowboys already had Michael Irvin under Landry. Landry already had Troy Aikman slated as their first pick before he was fired. The Herschel Walker trade made it possible to acquire Emmitt Smith to complete the triplets. Add to that Russell Maryland, Kevin Smith, Darren Woodson, and you have yourself a SB team made from one player. Call it luck or whatever you want….. it happened to JJ and JJ. Success breeds contempt and egos become combatant. Oh the what ifs….. Even Barry Switzer was able to win a SB with that team. Cowboys have never been able to find the right combination since that era. Prima Donna’s rule the NFL, coaches are a dime a dozen, and money ruins it all. On top of all of that, it is rigged….. and that’s not sour grapes. 

• 2 weeks later...

How about those clucking cackling, cowboys. JJ feeding that laying mesh. I hear he has ripped out the lockers and put in coops.    
I am so tired of year after year of being disappointed by the cowboys. No more.  
Go Texans.

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

How about those clucking cackling, cowboys. JJ feeding that laying mesh. I hear he has ripped out the lockers and put in coops.    
Go Texans.

They only went one game further. ????? Fair weather fans are a dime a dozen.

21 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Go Texans.

Yeah, if you're switching teams, at least the Texans won't disappoint. 🤣

You already know they're not going anywhere!

22 hours ago, baddog said:

They only went one game further. ????? Fair weather fans are a dime a dozen.

The whole Texan team is nothing but a bunch of rookies.  Cowboys aka Pavement Princesses have veterans all across the board and still didn't make it as far as the Texans.

55 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

The whole Texan team is nothing but a bunch of rookies.  Cowboys aka Pavement Princesses have veterans all across the board and still didn't make it as far as the Texans.

So it’s not measured by winning it all, just who went further? Lmao. Play it safe now and don’t have a team. 

1 hour ago, baddog said:

So it’s not measured by winning it all, just who went further? Lmao. Play it safe now and don’t have a team. 

All I'm saying is the Texans under a rookie HC and rookie QB went further than super bowl winning HC and MVP candidate QB. But this is the same song and dance every year with the cowboys.  Overachieve by beating bad teams, winning one maybe two games to provide hope to the cowboy faithful and then when it comes down win or go home.... they go home. 

1 hour ago, Right99JOH said:

All I'm saying is the Texans under a rookie HC and rookie QB went further than super bowl winning HC and MVP candidate QB. But this is the same song and dance every year with the cowboys.  Overachieve by beating bad teams, winning one maybe two games to provide hope to the cowboy faithful and then when it comes down win or go home.... they go home. 

look at the Steelers, Colts, Raiders, even the 49ers? Everyone has expectations, not just the Cowboys…. And all but one have a sunken ship to deal with in the end. You simply like thumping your chest at the Cowboys losses when really you should have a team of your own. Texans could have had a flash season like Dak and Zeke’s first year…time will tell. 

3 minutes ago, baddog said:

look at the Steelers, Colts, Raiders, even the 49ers? Everyone has expectations, not just the Cowboys…. And all but one have a sunken ship to deal with in the end. You simply like thumping your chest at the Cowboys losses when really you should have a team of your own. Texans could have had a flash season like Dak and Zeke’s first year…time will tell. 

Everyone does have expectations, it's just that the cowboys and their fans are the world's worst at claiming a super bowl win before the season even kicks off.  

9 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

Everyone does have expectations, it's just that the cowboys and their fans are the world's worst at claiming a super bowl win before the season even kicks off.  

So what are you looking forward to…..  that spectacular 8-9 season? lol