West Orange-Stark (20) @ Port Neches-Groves (26) - FINAL

jdawg03

On 9/10/2023 at 12:10 PM, dj said:

No!! He offered to help!! But, this new regime wants no part of the old way.trying to prove a point that another way can make us better.

8 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Which part do u disagree with?

I guess I should get clarification before I respond. Which “regime” is being referred to? The school board? The coaches? 

It's the new coaches that don't want to have anything to do with the old coaches or tradition of WOS. In my opinion they have a huge chip on their shoulders and want everything their way in though they have a proven and championship level program on place. My question is how long do go down this rabbit hole before we say enough?

1 hour ago, monknuk68 said:

It's the new coaches that don't want to have anything to do with the old coaches or tradition of WOS. In my opinion they have a huge chip on their shoulders and want everything their way in though they have a proven and championship level program on place. My question is how long do go down this rabbit hole before we say enough?

What makes you think that? I have had direct conversations that say otherwise...

16 hours ago, 3rdone said:

Yes it is true. Our old books would go to LCM. WOS had money to burn due to the chemical plants in the area. We had experimental equipment, embroidered towels with a belt loop...none of that tear a towel and make your own crap. We wore black shoes and lost games and they shelved the shoes and never brought them back. Of course this was during WOS hay day of making money and a thriving economy for Orange. I recently visited Orange and almost didn't recognized the place...really sad.

Hey now we're about to build our 3rd Whataburger. If 3 Whataburgers don't showcase a thriving economy then I don't know what does.

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

What makes you think that? I have had direct conversations that say otherwise...

Many other people on this site have stated that some of the new coaches want no help or advice from the old established coaches. They have an goal to prove that their untested way of coaching is better or at least as good as a proven winning formula.

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I've heard many conversations with admins, current coaches, and former coaches... that say he has refused the help that was offered to him. 

This movement will be/IS stronger than any petition, or outlandish demands of a particular race to be hired as the next coach. And I know you know this backlash has nothing to do with his race or his character.

1 hour ago, ladybug33 said:

Welp, maybe coach T. will put write a whole big ole chapter about him reaching out to current coaches and, if they refused his help. I can't wait until his book is out.

When I talked to him in the spring he said around football season he should be done with it and trying to get it published…hopefully it’s soon I can’t wait!!

Great game by WOS but you fans living in the past have gotten beyond delusional. How many coaches come in and have the old staff hanging around and telling them how to coach? Also schemes change with new coaches. Players adapt. All the, oh if we were running the 50 front and Coach was here to help we would have beat PN-G by 20+ is getting old. Y'all sound like Jimbo Fisher after the Miami loss. They were clapping, the field logo was slippery, the grass was new, wrong shoes. RC Slocum wasn't there with the old wrecking crew. 

1 hour ago, aki1994 said:

Great game by WOS but you fans living in the past have gotten beyond delusional. How many coaches come in and have the old staff hanging around and telling them how to coach? Also schemes change with new coaches. Players adapt. All the, oh if we were running the 50 front and Coach was here to help we would have beat PN-G by 20+ is getting old. Y'all sound like Jimbo Fisher after the Miami loss. They were clapping, the field logo was slippery, the grass was new, wrong shoes. RC Slocum wasn't there with the old wrecking crew. 

What was his record before his in house hire?  Most dang sure know after the programs many years of consistent success would be considering it. 

The best move for the program was not what has been done and has been stated even BEFORE it happened. Everyone knew this was coming. 30+ years of excellence! Keep it going!

How long are you guys gonna drag this stuff out? Geez...Coach T ain't there anymore and almost all the old staff is gone.  New head coach and assistant coaches.  They are going to do what they think is best for the program and THERE IS A CHANCE IS MAYBE DIFFERENT THEN WHAT THEY DID IN THE PAST.  Also, they ain't gonna run the 50 defense. BTW all the 50 defense is is a 3-4 that is already shaded to one side.  WOS gets into a 3-4 look sometimes and slat to the famous 50 DEFENSE.  Like I said, the whining is getting old.