Silsbee at Huffman Predictions

BADSANTA

18 hours ago, FALCONS2026 said:

Define boat race

A lot to a little. There can be brighter days ahead for the Falcons, but I do not think this will be the year for those. They begin next year when this Sophomore group becomes Juniors. The Falcons have to get the athletes walking the halls back out in pads, and there has to be a full culture shift around the program. Football tends to be an afterthought in the community and the only way to fix that is to drum up excitement about being a Falcon. It can be done, but will take lots of work to build what needs to be built in Huffman. Do you disagree with that or see something I do not see? 

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

A lot to a little. There can be brighter days ahead for the Falcons, but I do not think this will be the year for those. They begin next year when this Sophomore group becomes Juniors. The Falcons have to get the athletes walking the halls back out in pads, and there has to be a full culture shift around the program. Football tends to be an afterthought in the community and the only way to fix that is to drum up excitement about being a Falcon. It can be done, but will take lots of work to build what needs to be built in Huffman. Do you disagree with that or see something I do not see? 

I disagree that the wheels are going to fall off and that its going to get worse as the season goes on. It's all relative of course, but the district games while tough for sure aren't as tough as their non-district games. They have a lot of talent, young for sure, but very talented. I'm choosing to believe they can put it together on the field. We shall see.

2 hours ago, FALCONS2026 said:

I disagree that the wheels are going to fall off and that its going to get worse as the season goes on. It's all relative of course, but the district games while tough for sure aren't as tough as their non-district games. They have a lot of talent, young for sure, but very talented. I'm choosing to believe they can put it together on the field. We shall see.

I guess I should temper what I said, I can also see a path where what you've said above becomes true, and I certainly hope you are more right than me.

I do take exception to one thing you've said though: I believe the Needville/Navasota/Columbus stretch Huffman is about to have won't be nearly as tough as the Lumberton/Vidor/LCM stretch that will happen to close out the district season considering that two of those three are on the road, and those three opponents outscored Huffman 145-57 last year. It also bears mentioning that the three coaches Huffman will be facing those weeks are named Reyes, Dubois and Peevey.