BISD Memorial Stadium now will be.........

Actually, I'm more fond of Durley/Levias Stadium.

Yes I know the stadium on the West Brook campus is named after Alex Durley. But it no longer has varsity football games played there.

I also get naming rights and the dollars that can be used for the school district. That's a very good thing. Just as long those dollars don't end up padding someone's personal pocket.

44 minutes ago, SETX7273 said:

My point exactly, football in BISD isn't important anymore. The only schools in Bmt are going to get stomped again in Football. What else goes on Football including playoff games, Soccer..... Camps, what else?  should have put a track around it. 

Track at that place would have been huge… district meets and area meets would have been hosted there 

6 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Track at that place would have been huge… district meets and area meets would have been hosted there 

Yep, $$$ rolling in, all sense isn't common. If you build a stadium without a track, then you must invest in your football programs just my opinion. To show how important Bmt Football is, there are no threads about WB or United. Sad.......

42 minutes ago, SETX7273 said:

Yep, $$$ rolling in, all sense isn't common. If you build a stadium without a track, then you must invest in your football programs just my opinion. To show how important Bmt Football is, there are no threads about WB or United. Sad.......

Both schools have track facilities on their campuses.

There are many high school football stadiums across the state that do not have tracks.

12 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Both schools have track facilities on their campuses.

There are many high school football stadiums across the state that do not have tracks.

Yes, they do have tracks at both campuses, just saying you can host larger meets with a track. I love selling the name licensing to the stadium. Agreed as long as the money is used properly.

7 minutes ago, SETX7273 said:

Yes, they do have tracks at both campuses, just saying you can host larger meets with a track. I love selling the name licensing to the stadium. Agreed as long as the money is used properly.

One doesn't need a football stadium of that magnitude to host large track meets.

The location would not be good for an Area track meet. Too far east for the other 6A schools.

Thomas is gone, and we all have our opinions of him.   Some good, some bad.

Thomas leaving didn’t fix that district.   It’s still a mess.  I’ve know several coaches that have coached within BISD, from all walks of life, and not one of them has ever spoke highly of the administration.   From the superintendent down to the athletic director.

It’s a shame too.  Those kids and the community deserves better.