RUSK

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2023 at 11:00 AM, purpleeagle said:

Found picture on Facebook.com

picture of Nathan Barrier with grandson Brady standing at Rusk eagle stadium 

Brady & Pap at home of Jim Swink. 

Brady Barrier will be a sophomore at Rusk HS and will play football. His father is Coach Ned Barrier and will coach on the offensive side.  I am Nathan Barrier (Pap), Ned's father and Brady's grandfather.  I began coaching in 1971 and am retired.  I IMG_4135.JPG.21204384ca1b5eb456d7d6a68ed27877.JPGencourage Rusk fans to buckle up & hold on tight.   

5 hours ago, Pap_Barrier said:

Brady Barrier will be a sophomore at Rusk HS and will play football. His father is Coach Ned Barrier and will coach on the offensive side.  I am Nathan Barrier (Pap), Ned's father and Brady's grandfather.  I began coaching in 1971 and am retired.  I IMG_4135.JPG.21204384ca1b5eb456d7d6a68ed27877.JPGencourage Rusk fans to buckle up & hold on tight.   

Wish him the best. They have a pretty good group coming up from 8th grade that will support him well. 

I heard that in the past no one would go to the Rusk football games.  To solve the problem, they started doing Friday night field trips from the local mental institution to the football games and now the atmosphere is wild.  Like Mr. Barrier said...buckle up!

*heard that from a coworker. 

1 hour ago, 72 Pinto said:

I heard that in the past no one would go to the Rusk football games.  To solve the problem, they started doing Friday night field trips from the local mental institution to the football games and now the atmosphere is wild.  Like Mr. Barrier said...buckle up!

*heard that from a coworker. 

Pretty sure Rusk attendance at Football games will be much higher than that of Anahuac.

Great community!!!!!!

1 minute ago, oldman said:

Pretty sure Rusk attendance at Football games will be much higher than that of Anahuac.

Great community!!!!!!

I dunno, Anahuac is growing and very well might win district. There is a buzz in the air and attendance is likely going up. Meanwhile Rusk will have to contend with Carthage, I believe. It will be interesting to see how many district titles each school has, and how many playoff wins each program captures over the next three years.   

2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

I dunno, Anahuac is growing and very well might win district. There is a buzz in the air and attendance is likely going up. Meanwhile Rusk will have to contend with Carthage, I believe. It will be interesting to see how many district titles each school has, and how many playoff wins each program captures over the next three years.   

Rusk is not going to win any district championships as long as they are in the district with Carthage and nor will anyone else in the state for 4A if they were in the district. However, Rusk has no problem with attendance and has a good fanbase. 

15 hours ago, Pap_Barrier said:

Wishing you the very best. 

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

Rusk is not going to win any district championships as long as they are in the district with Carthage and nor will anyone else in the state for 4A if they were in the district. However, Rusk has no problem with attendance and has a good fanbase. 

Was China Springs in 4a2 in 2021? 

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

Was China Springs in 4a2 in 2021? 

Is 2021 in 2023? Why not bring up the 1970s, 1980s or 1990s? If Carthage was beat in the 1980s that means they can be beat in 2023, right? 

Completely different group of players on the team now, I think? 

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/30/2023 at 5:50 PM, 89Falcon said:

Is 2021 in 2023? Why not bring up the 1970s, 1980s or 1990s? If Carthage was beat in the 1980s that means they can be beat in 2023, right? 

Completely different group of players on the team now, I think? 

We are talking 2 years ago compared to 30 years? Cmon lol