Cornel Thompson's Book of Mustang History

1 hour ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Should be a very interesting read

Reading that brought back alot that I had forgot about. Like Pup in at TE and Todd dodge as qb coach for rockwall. Also a good explanation of the 50 defense was in there for those that don't know.

I can't wait for the next chapter...

1 hour ago, Unwoke said:

Good read, Great Coach! Imo he still needs to be coaching. I believe he still has some good coaching left in him. Would love to have him as the Defensive Coordinator at Vidor! 😁

I agree. You never know. Might not see him on the field, but maybe his defense.

Even retired from coaching Thompson is still called to come speak on the 50 Defense. He has given more than twenty clinics on it the most recent at a local school in late June and has two more talks scheduled in the near future.

13 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Even retired from coaching Thompson is still called to come speak on the 50 Defense. He has given more than twenty clinics on it the most recent at a local school in late June and has two more talks scheduled in the near future.

He’s welcome to come give a season long clinic year round for the Pirates! Lol

9 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

He’s welcome to come give a season long clinic year round for the Pirates! Lol

I believe he said any team that's not on WOS schedule. So Vidor does qualify. Btw, I will be making the short drive over for that scrimmage. I'll let you know if I see the 50 on the field. 🧢

4 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I believe he said any team that's not on WOS schedule. So Vidor does qualify. Btw, I will be making the short drive over for that scrimmage. I'll let you know if I see the 50 on the field. 🧢

I am excited about this season. I think the Pirates are going to have a good season. Dubois will have that offense clicking. We have plenty of good backs this year. We were very young last year along with a key defensive player returning this year. He will cause chaos on the field defensively. Hopefully the Stangs can get things turned around.

11 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Good read, Great Coach! Imo he still needs to be coaching. I believe he still has some good coaching left in him. Would love to have him as the Defensive Coordinator at Vidor! 😁

Lol,we need him back altogether.otherwise all we have is memories from his book.

57 minutes ago, dj said:

Lol,we need him back altogether.otherwise all we have is memories from his book.

We do need people who were part of that history to continue it. Some of those pieces are in place. It took Hooks 6 years and CT 5. I hope Hickman can get it done in that time frame. Even 7 could be considered "elite"? One things for sure. No matter who's on the sideline. Some of the names of the players on the field will be the same as in his book. That's where the tradition starts. This really does go back alot further than 1977. I know you know.

On 7/4/2023 at 9:41 AM, WOSdrummer99 said:

Well hopefully they let him do one at w.o.s

On 7/4/2023 at 10:20 AM, Unwoke said:

I am excited about this season. I think the Pirates are going to have a good season. Dubois will have that offense clicking. We have plenty of good backs this year. We were very young last year along with a key defensive player returning this year. He will cause chaos on the field defensively. Hopefully the Stangs can get things turned around.

More than likely might be another year bf things get a lil better.