Lumberton at Huffman

RaiderGirl22

Ltown in a cakewalk.  Only fault I find of the Raiders, leaving starters in to long.  I kind of understand Vidor after last year but until y’all play LCM, get the “A” team off the field.  Heaven forbid y’all suffer any injuries of starters in a game y’all have in the bag.  I’m pulling for the Raiders, and y’all can make a deep run.  Don’t let a foolish decision now hurt you later.  Injuries killed Vidor last year, so I’ve seen it happen.  

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You mean #7 ranked Lumberton. 😉

Earlier in the year I had them ranked in the “bullets13 rankings that mean nothing poll” between 17-20.  I currently have them at 12-15.  It’s tough, because the more I watch this district, the more apparent it is that they’re going to go into the playoffs having played only one really good team, which beat them handily.  It’s undeniable that they have a good squad this year, but they’ve hardly been tested at all with this schedule, and failed the one true test they had by 3 scores.  They also squeaked by the other two quality teams on their schedule, one of whom is a 3A school with a 4-3 record, and the other likely a 3rd place district finisher in 4A-D2.  The LCM game was the one district game on their schedule that I thought could be a good litmus test for them, but the way LCM has played this year, the #7 team in the state should blow them out.  This Friday they had a nice solid win against Vidor, but I look at what Silsbee did to them, and that’s truly what a top-10 team should be able to do against the pirates this year, IMO.  

On 10/16/2022 at 7:25 PM, bullets13 said:

Earlier in the year I had them ranked in the “bullets13 rankings that mean nothing poll” between 17-20.  I currently have them at 12-15.  It’s tough, because the more I watch this district, the more apparent it is that they’re going to go into the playoffs having played only one really good team, which beat them handily.  It’s undeniable that they have a good squad this year, but they’ve hardly been tested at all with this schedule, and failed the one true test they had by 3 scores.  They also squeaked by the other two quality teams on their schedule, one of whom is a 3A school with a 4-3 record, and the other likely a 3rd place district finisher in 4A-D2.  The LCM game was the one district game on their schedule that I thought could be a good litmus test for them, but the way LCM has played this year, the #7 team in the state should blow them out.  This Friday they had a nice solid win against Vidor, but I look at what Silsbee did to them, and that’s truly what a top-10 team should be able to do against the pirates this year, IMO.  

Vidor scored 7 points on Lumberton's defense.   It was a blowout.