Vidor (21) @ Lumberton (47) - FINAL

jdawg03

5 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

So its a group thing not a coach thing? We can't count on this for years to come finally? Lol

Nope! Coaching makes a huge difference! But you also have to have the kids. What I’m saying is this group puts in the work. Coach puts them in the right situations to be successful! I just don’t know anything about the lower levels. 

12 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

They came out flat no doubt. it be interesting match up. I would think yall would need us to win just like last year we beat huffman and yall lost to them. 

What we need… and what is likely to happen are probably two different things… 😂… but there is a reason they have to play the game… maybe LCM will prove me wrong 

8 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Nope.. they earner the number 1 rating tonight. 🖕

Just kidding I really like your team this year.

Lumberton is really good this  year. Great athletes.  If the defense can keep this play up and they can clean up the penalties the offense will take them deep in the playoffs. 

Greatest show on turf. 

On 9/26/2022 at 10:42 PM, setxathlete14 said:

Lumberton focuses on the state rankings pretty hard. For that reason I think they'll sleep on 1 team or 2 that should cost them 

14 minutes ago, Docdan72 said:

Lumberton is really good this  year. Great athletes.  If the defense can keep this play up and they can clean up the penalties the offense will take them deep in the playoffs. 

Greatest show on turf. 

The only reason I keep focusing on that reason is because of the comment earlier in the season that Lumberton doesn't deserve to have that rating (not exactly what was said but that's the gist.). I just want to keep reminding the person that said it.

Lumberton has a pretty decent team it looks like. Looking at the region it’s pretty weak overall though let’s be honest. Kilgore and El Campo look to be the only other tough outs besides Lumberton. So yeah until Lumberton runs into one of them based off what we have seen so far they shouldn’t face much of a challenge until then.

2 minutes ago, raideroldtimer said:

The only reason I keep focusing on that reason is because of the comment earlier in the season that Lumberton doesn't deserve to have that rating (not exactly what was said but that's the gist.). I just want to keep reminding the person that said it.

I mean he wasn’t just hating or being a troll. He had a valid argument. Lumberton has a good team. Are they the 7th best team in 4A D1? I don’t think so personally either but my opinion is just that… a opinion. Hope the best for the Raiders

Ratings are an excellent conversation piece.  Nothing more - nothing less. Does Ltown deserve #7 ranking?  I’d say as much as anyone else.  They’re sitting at 6-1, their only loss to a 7-0 team.  No doubt there are teams not ranked, or ranked below Ltown who might beat them - AND - there are teams ranked above them Ltown would probably beat.

Bottom line, I’m glad to see local teams getting recognition.  Most SETX Teams get overlooked in these polls except WOS & Newton.  Enjoy the ranking Raiders.  Keep rolling.

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

LCM fan here, how about the Bears beat the Raiders and we all win out so you can share that sweet district championship with us huh?

This loss put the pressure on for next Friday’s Livingston matchup.  Vidor must - have to - No 🐂💩 got to beat Livingston.  And I hope the boys don’t start playing the we beat LCM and LCM beat Livingston scenario.  That doesn’t mean diddly poo.  Vidor has to beat Livingston.

Go Pirates.