West Orange-Stark (27) @ Silsbee (48) - FINAL

jdawg03

3 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Shouldnt see any whining from WOS. This time last year alot where crying about wanting change over some nonsense signing petitions and what not...... Now they get it and complaining about new. Silsbee is a great team and WOS is too. They will find their way 

Whoever was crying and whining are just that... Whiners. Cornel would have won that game last night because he is a proven defense coach. You never saw anyone put that yardage last night on a Cornel Thompson coached team. 

16 minutes ago, XX Man said:

Whoever was crying and whining are just that... Whiners. Cornel would have won that game last night because he is a proven defense coach. You never saw anyone put that yardage last night on a Cornel Thompson coached team. 

I disagree.

Silsbee was and is the better team.

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I disagree.

Silsbee was and is the better team.

No way a CT defense tackles that poorly, can’t cover a forward pass, and gives up that many yards.

IMO, Silsbee was the better team, and should have won my a larger margin.   But, a CT defense wouldn’t have played that pathetically.

Just now, MackLewis said:

No way a CT defense tackles that poorly, can’t cover a forward pass, and gives up that many yards.

IMO, Silsbee was the better team, and should have won my a larger margin.   But, a CT defense wouldn’t have played that pathetically.

Didn't say that. But I still don't think they win the game.

20 minutes ago, XX Man said:

What you fail to realize is Offensively WOS was not very good last night. Give Silsbee defense some credit. Silsbee had 3 turnovers and some very costly penalties through out the game an all y’all could muster was 21 points? You take away Silsbee’s turnovers and some of those penalties y’all are lucky to have 7 points. Silsbee has too many weapons to beat you with. Bottom line is Silsbee has a Hell of a team an they have and will continue to beat team’s by a lot of points. I wouldn’t want to meet them come playoff time. 

1 hour ago, dj said:

Silsbee is a gud team.but w.o just has to deal with the hand they are dealt. It's just somethings aren't a gud fit.w.o doesnt have the personal to play this type of defense against gud teams.theyre very timid on the back end and guessing.and u can't be like that against kid like miller.the truth is just like u see in the stands.not a big crowd on w.o side.the writing is on the wall.silsbee coaching staff is better.ik the kids and coaches are trying.its like this when u take away ur strength u have on defense and change it.just gotta except it.w.o will continue to get exposed bcz u don't have the personal to run this.#9 for w.o was a started.this is his 2nd year starting at LB but yall don't realize he's not starting anymore.the kid don't get it.#48,#34 are trying.but having never played the end and don't know how to set the edge hurts.w.o has no pass rush at all.and so it's all the pressure on a secondary that doesn't break on the ball like Silsbee.i don't if the scheme or players.these are the same players from last yr that beat Silsbee 45-20.somethings just not a gud fit.

I had a headache before the first sentence was over trying to read this

Silsbee has the better overall players. Lcm had to have taken some players from WOS as well as they are doing too. 

It only matters in playoff times, right? Isn't that what Silsbee has said during playoffs against WOS ?  It's still a long season and Miller is an anomaly. WOS won't see too many players like him the rest of the season. I believe the staff will figure it out. The first year as a new head coach is typically rough most places. The community just has to stay the course. I remember people were calling for coach Smith to get fired after his 1st year. 

19 minutes ago, Broncos2447 said:

Silsbee has the better overall players. Lcm had to have taken some players from WOS as well as they are doing too. 

It only matters in playoff times, right? Isn't that what Silsbee has said during playoffs against WOS ?  It's still a long season and Miller is an anomaly. WOS won't see too many players like him the rest of the season. I believe the staff will figure it out. The first year as a new head coach is typically rough most places. The community just has to stay the course. I remember people were calling for coach Smith to get fired after his 1st year. 

Nope. One move in last year from OF and two this year. No one from WOS.

13 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

Silsbee don’t turn the ball over, and don’t commit undisciplined penalties, I can see them playing well into December.

Good thing is they won’t see Carthage until Dallas, if they clean things up.

Region 3 will have a couple tough matchups for the Tigers come playoff time as well. It ain’t just about dodging Carthage. Silsbee is looking good though.

16 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Region 3 will have a couple tough matchups for the Tigers come playoff time as well. It ain’t just about dodging Carthage. Silsbee is looking good though.

It won’t be easy, and region 3 is usually the toughest region.   But when you remove Carthage and China Spring, region 3 isn’t nearly as formidable.  

There are still a few teams that can bear Silsbee on any given night,  but if they continue to improve, they should be the favorite to play in the semi’s.

To my buddy H:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. 

1 hour ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

They still believe that Coach T could have won that game with athletes with they had on the field last night. 

So that wasn’t a close game into the 4th quarter?  Having a hall of fame coach with a rings on both hands couldn’t have made a difference in a close game?  Got it. 

I know the two schools in your handle don’t exactly have a rich history of football success but c’mon man. 

11 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

So that wasn’t a close game into the 4th quarter?  Having a hall of fame coach with a rings on both hands couldn’t have made a difference in a close game?  Got it. 

I know the two schools in your handle don’t exactly have a rich history of football success but c’mon man. 

Isnt your school orangefield?