Jump to content

West Orange-Stark (27) @ Silsbee (48) - FINAL


jdawg03
 Share

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Region 3 will have a couple tough matchups for the Tigers come playoff time as well. It ain’t just about dodging Carthage. Silsbee is looking good though.

One thing is for sure...

Silsbee has never dodged Carthage. I can go all day on how Carthage has ended Silsbee seasons.  

We will play anyone. Anytime. Anywhere.

#TigerNation

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I know Miller gets the headlines and flowers, but Brisbane played his arse off last night. Great game by that kid. 

 

Was impressed with the WOS soph QB as well. 

Great point. Brisbane and J. Williams on defense set the tone of the game.

Lots of talent on Tiger sidelines right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Didn’t go to school in SETX.  But I would agree historically LCM and Orangefield have comparable programs.   I.E., not on the same planet as WOS.  

You know there was team called Lamarque that had the same type of success. Their coaching staff retired and left but now there just a shell of a team. It will be the same story as WOS mustangs. They were a great program.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dj said:

Silsbee is a gud team.but w.o just has to deal with the hand they are dealt. It's just somethings aren't a gud fit.w.o doesnt have the personal to play this type of defense against gud teams.theyre very timid on the back end and guessing.and u can't be like that against kid like miller.the truth is just like u see in the stands.not a big crowd on w.o side.the writing is on the wall.silsbee coaching staff is better.ik the kids and coaches are trying.its like this when u take away ur strength u have on defense and change it.just gotta except it.w.o will continue to get exposed bcz u don't have the personal to run this.#9 for w.o was a started.this is his 2nd year starting at LB but yall don't realize he's not starting anymore.the kid don't get it.#48,#34 are trying.but having never played the end and don't know how to set the edge hurts.w.o has no pass rush at all.and so it's all the pressure on a secondary that doesn't break on the ball like Silsbee.i don't if the scheme or players.these are the same players from last yr that beat Silsbee 45-20.somethings just not a gud fit.

WOS beat a team filled with Sophmores, especially on defense.

They were young last year and it showed in the 4th qtr losses. They are not the same players WOS beat last year.

Now you are witnessing the growth and they are juniors.  Look out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

You know there was team called Lamarque that had the same type of success. Their coaching staff retired and left but now there just a shell of a team. It will be the same story as WOS mustangs. They were a great program.  

I’m not arguing with you there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

You know there was team called Lamarque that had the same type of success. Their coaching staff retired and left but now there just a shell of a team. It will be the same story as WOS mustangs. They were a great program.  

I get it, but there were some other factors included in the demise of LM falling apart. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Coach Hickman isn't being given a fair shake by most of you. WOS has a rich tradition and the community seems to be against this man after 5 games. WOS will get 2nd in district. You can't win em all folks. People show their true character when things are bad. Good luck the rest of the year. 

man please

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

I already said what I had to say about that, I don't agree with how some people are not supporting this coach in his first year.

Just need to admit it was a bad hire. You don't go from the team you had last year, return a good portion of players and then take a BIG step in the wrong direction. All he had to do was keep what was in place and coach his tail off. He didn't have to change ANYTHING in that program! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMO the coaches at WOS are under a lot of pressure to win, strong tradition and without our best coach in team history. He retired on his own. Man that's a lot of pressure for the whole system. We can still  place in district and make the playoffs. What does not help the players is not supporting their coaches. "We are better than this"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Unfortunately they do, Silsbee had more healthy players on the field last night.

But, at the same time #8,#9,#4,#10,#7#35,#5,#63,all played last year when they won 45-20.ik shaw is a difference maker but still all those kids played last year.and now #9 a senior doesn't start anymore.does it make u wonder how ur given up points like this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

To my buddy H:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. 

Well dang Smash, me like this🥰

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Didn't say that. But I still don't think they win the game.

That is a COMPLETELY different team with CT. Returning 8/8...no way that game goes that way. To be honest CT is probably somewhere laughing his "you know what" off. It would've been a WAY more physical D...and they would know where to be, not confused. 50 years of experience will do that. I wouldn't put too much stock in that win...WOS isn't that good because they are obviously poorly coached. NO program takes a nose dive like this due to personnel, it's usually bad coaching and preparation.

Is it true during the PNG game WOS defenders were running into each other...confused?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, dj said:

But, at the same time #8,#9,#4,#10,#7#35,#5,#63,all played last year when they won 45-20.ik shaw is a difference maker but still all those kids played last year.and now #9 a senior doesn't start anymore.does it make u wonder how ur given up points like this.

And most of those numbers were all district last year. With the potential to be all state with a trip to Dallas being predicted. And that would've help them tremendously with recruitment and scholarships.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, dj said:

But, at the same time #8,#9,#4,#10,#7#35,#5,#63,all played last year when they won 45-20.ik shaw is a difference maker but still all those kids played last year.and now #9 a senior doesn't start anymore.does it make u wonder how ur given up points like this.

Yes it does. The offense is the problem. I saw some plays that did not go as planned. The defense got tired in secondary. Dj. Silsbee has some big play makers, I see them going far this year. We need to take one game at a time and improve ever week. I saw improvement last night even though we lost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

To my buddy H:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. 

Man In The Arena, Teddy Roosevelt

 

My all time favorite quote. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

WOS beat a team filled with Sophmores, especially on defense.

They were young last year and it showed in the 4th qtr losses. They are not the same players WOS beat last year.

Now you are witnessing the growth and they are juniors.  Look out.

Our kids were yung too. And don't forget w.o changed QBS TWICE last year.bf keyshon took over.even last year Brisbane was better than what we had at the time.the difference is 4/2/5. Doesn't work when u change systems like that.and as great as Miller is.shaw took him away last year the second half.i guess Miller took it out on everyone this year.but also they had pressure on the qb.this year hey it is what it is.dont have the personal to run this.the kids are trying.w.o one advantage is bringing pressure off  edge and contain wide is gone.some changes aren't gud.i wanna see the coaches succeed each one of them.but, some coaches don't fit some teams.that why coaching changes are made.silsbee has a better coaching staff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Yes it does. The offense is the problem. I saw some plays that did not go as planned. The defense got tired in secondary. Dj. Silsbee has some big play makers, I see them going far this year. We need to take one game at a time and improve ever week. I saw improvement last night even though we lost.

Ik Silsbee is going far. Them and w.o will play again. The kids are trying hard in games!! I've watched practice.and it's the same way I'm telling u.first off the qb will get better as the season goes on.but, teams will continue to load the box and take away the run. The o/C would see this from the pressbox.but wants to be on the sideline calling plays.it has happened 3 weeks in a row.ik there trying to learn his system.but it's hard when u been running something different.and on defense our kids made alot of mistakes last year on defense.but they got away with alot bcz the pressure we had on opposing qbs.this year we have no pressure in no games.that doesn't mean they aren't trying.just can't do it in this defense.and ur lbs are still learning.and to make matters worse how often do u see our Dbs breaking on the ball.they don't!! Like a deer in headlights.and then try to tackle.even lastnite if #4 could find the ball at safety he could had a couple picks.but without pressure and without shaw that secondary will get exposed against althetes.so,think abt how many ints they have.shaw has 2. And the rest of team abt 1.every team doesn't haven't great ball skills. But.,that's where the coaching comes in. U have to teach them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Member Statistics

    43,622
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    Mercy
    Newest Member
    Mercy
    Joined

×
×
  • Create New...