Jump to content

WOS school board


Recommended Posts

If I am not working or busy with my daughters health care, I intend to. Be at the WOCCISD Board meeting Sept 30, to voice my discontent at how our School District did not attain top level scholastic ratings, and the train wreck of the WOS football program, both are the responsibility of Ricky Harris. I encourage all of you concerned, to be there too. I have written a letter and emailed it to all the board members. If any of you would like to see it, pm me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Were you at the meetings when WOS had a C rating in 2019 (no ratings the last two years with COVID), but had a better football team?  Or is the B they got in 2022 only a problem because the football team is struggling?  Honest question.  Because if you ask me, bringing their academic rating up from a C to a B despite the challenges of learning through COVID is quite an accomplishment, and should be celebrated.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, XX Man said:

If I am not working or busy with my daughters health care, I intend to. Be at the WOCCISD Board meeting Sept 30, to voice my discontent at how our School District did not attain top level scholastic ratings, and the train wreck of the WOS football program, both are the responsibility of Ricky Harris. I encourage all of you concerned, to be there too. I have written a letter and emailed it to all the board members. If any of you would like to see it, pm me. 

Leave the football program alone. We just need to be more physical and tackle better which will happen. Everyone needs to stop crying and get behind the kids and coaching staff and give the system a chance. It will work itself out. I well never turn my back on the coaching or the kids like some of you guys have because I'm more about wins and losses. This is the worst fan base I have ever seen in my life. Be me I've been to high school college and nfl games. Win or lose there behind their no matter the outcome week in week out, but wos fans. THE GET ROCKY AND YOU GUYS BAIL. No loves that school more than I do and I will defend it at all cost when see junk like this. So if players wanna leave bye, I wish them the best but wos will continue to be great.  28 20 wos to STAMP IT. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Were you at the meetings when WOS had a C rating in 2019 (no ratings the last two years with COVID), but had a better football team?  Or is the B they got in 2022 only a problem because the football team is struggling?  Honest question.  Because if you ask me, bringing their academic rating up from a C to a B despite the challenges of learning through COVID is quite an accomplishment, and should be celebrated.  

This. WOS is a school with a football team not a football team with a school.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, XX Man said:

If I am not working or busy with my daughters health care, I intend to. Be at the WOCCISD Board meeting Sept 30, to voice my discontent at how our School District did not attain top level scholastic ratings, and the train wreck of the WOS football program, both are the responsibility of Ricky Harris. I encourage all of you concerned, to be there too. I have written a letter and emailed it to all the board members. If any of you would like to see it, pm 

Come'on!  WOS is going to be alright...  the education is evidently improving and man you have to expect growing pains under new leadership pertaining to the football team.  Give the guy time and it will come around.  The kids at WOS have the "winner" mentality, it's been engrained in them since they were in youth football.  Why not wait until district is over and then give your fair and professional assessment.  It is entirely too early right now.

I hope and pray that all is well with your daughter!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, XX Man said:

If I am not working or busy with my daughters health care, I intend to. Be at the WOCCISD Board meeting Sept 30, to voice my discontent at how our School District did not attain top level scholastic ratings, and the train wreck of the WOS football program, both are the responsibility of Ricky Harris. I encourage all of you concerned, to be there too. I have written a letter and emailed it to all the board members. If any of you would like to see it, pm me. 

Bullets13 stated it well.  I will add this. .. according to a KFDM article 3 SETX area school districts achieved an A rating.  Two are very small, thus a very small sample for the stats run for determining the grade.  If you want to question the coaching hire, by all means feel free that will happen everywhere.  However, if you bring up both in the same argument, you lose credibility in that argument on both issues. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the hidden content, please

Coach Hickman spoke to the Orange 🍊 Texas Rotary Club today. He expressed the importance and hard work that was put in for the district to get the B rating and how athletics is going to help push us toward the A. He talked about football, but his message centered around developing the whole child. Valuing the seed every day at WOCCISD!  #woccisd #WOSMUSTANGS #valuingtheseed #GoStangs

 

h

This is the hidden content, please

 

Honestly, I don't know how our school even got a B rating. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UncleSi said:

Come'on!  WOS is going to be alright...  the education is evidently improving and man you have to expect growing pains under new leadership pertaining to the football team.  Give the guy time and it will come around.  The kids at WOS have the "winner" mentality, it's been engrained in them since they were in youth football.  Why not wait until district is over and then give your fair and professional assessment.  It is entirely too early right now.

I hope and pray that all is well with your daughter!

 When you are truly part of the program in-and-out you don't have to wait until district starts you know 1st hand, 

outsiders can wait to after district

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UncleSi said:

Come'on!  WOS is going to be alright...  the education is evidently improving and man you have to expect growing pains under new leadership pertaining to the football team.  Give the guy time and it will come around.  The kids at WOS have the "winner" mentality, it's been engrained in them since they were in youth football.  Why not wait until district is over and then give your fair and professional assessment.  It is entirely too early right now.

I hope and pray that all is well with your daughter!

Thank you very much for your well wishes for my daughter. She needs lots of prayers. After graduating from WOS, I'm her last semester attaining her BSN, she fell victim to an extremely rare lung disease and had to drop out of school, and a year later underwent a double lung transplant. After years of taking the anti-rejection meds, she fell victim to lymphoma and is currently undergoing chemo. It appears it is going to be successful, but the side effects of chemo are horrible.

Thanks. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, XX Man said:

Thank you very much for your well wishes for my daughter. She needs lots of prayers. After graduating from WOS, I'm her last semester attaining her BSN, she fell victim to an extremely rare lung disease and had to drop out of school, and a year later underwent a double lung transplant. After years of taking the anti-rejection meds, she fell victim to lymphoma and is currently undergoing chemo. It appears it is going to be successful, but the side effects of chemo are horrible.

Thanks. 

 

Oh my... prayers for her and you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, XX Man said:

Thank you very much for your well wishes for my daughter. She needs lots of prayers. After graduating from WOS, I'm her last semester attaining her BSN, she fell victim to an extremely rare lung disease and had to drop out of school, and a year later underwent a double lung transplant. After years of taking the anti-rejection meds, she fell victim to lymphoma and is currently undergoing chemo. It appears it is going to be successful, but the side effects of chemo are horrible.

Thanks. 

 

Dang man, I couldn't imagine.  I will keep your daughter and your family in my prayers...  remember, while we may not understand the reasons why, God has a plan and whatever happens will happen for a reason and the impacts of such will be something to rejoice in.  Again, your are all in our hearts and prayers!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, One4All said:

 When you are truly part of the program in-and-out you don't have to wait until district starts you know 1st hand, 

outsiders can wait to after district

You're right, I am an outsider, but sometimes a perspective from the outside is just what is needed, as it is typically unbiased and is not based on emotions.  As I tell my kids, listen to your Grandpa, good advice isn't as readily available now days as it used to be.  Not saying I'm your Grandpa just stating what I tell my kids.  Either way, I hope my words help, if not, you're in no worse position now than before I spoke them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, UncleSi said:

Dang man, I couldn't imagine.  I will keep your daughter and your family in my prayers...  remember, while we may not understand the reasons why, God has a plan and whatever happens will happen for a reason and the impacts of such will be something to rejoice in.  Again, your are all in our hearts and prayers!  

Thank you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Leave the football program alone. We just need to be more physical and tackle better which will happen. Everyone needs to stop crying and get behind the kids and coaching staff and give the system a chance. It will work itself out. I well never turn my back on the coaching or the kids like some of you guys have because I'm more about wins and losses. This is the worst fan base I have ever seen in my life. Be me I've been to high school college and nfl games. Win or lose there behind their no matter the outcome week in week out, but wos fans. THE GET ROCKY AND YOU GUYS BAIL. No loves that school more than I do and I will defend it at all cost when see junk like this. So if players wanna leave bye, I wish them the best but wos will continue to be great.  28 20 wos to STAMP IT. 

It is not a fan problem, it is a coaching problem. WOS gave up 48 pts tonight, and the first district loss since 2009. I think I saw the 5-0 defense on 2 plays. The Silsbee yardage was astronomical. I support the team, and they deserve a coach that knows how to coach. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, UncleSi said:

You're right, I am an outsider, but sometimes a perspective from the outside is just what is needed, as it is typically unbiased and is not based on emotions.  As I tell my kids, listen to your Grandpa, good advice isn't as readily available now days as it used to be.  Not saying I'm your Grandpa just stating what I tell my kids.  Either way, I hope my words help, if not, you're in no worse position now than before I spoke them.

Wait til after District....lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Member Statistics

    43,559
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    Bluecougar22
    Newest Member
    Bluecougar22
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...