Silsbee (48) @ Vidor (7) FINAL

jdawg03

6 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Yeah….an if y’all would have lost we wouldn’t have heard Jack from you. Did you predict last year’s score as well? 

All you always going to hear from me dude. I made a prediction" . I" even gave yall 21 extra points that yall couldn't get.! Ow and buy the way you can think us for the 7 yall did get..! Hate the game not the player homie..!🤠🤘🏻🐅🏈

1 minute ago, Who That said:

All you always going to hear from me dude. I made a prediction" . I" even gave yall 21 points that yall couldn't get.! Ow and buy the way you can think us for the 7 tall got..! Hate the game not the player homie..!🤠🤘🏻🐅🏈

Did you predict last year’s score? Nobody’s hating, what ever that’s suppose to mean.

33 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Yeah….an if y’all would have lost we wouldn’t have heard Jack from you. Did you predict last year’s score as well? 

Don’t be bitter. Lol. I love Jeff to death, but his Pirates got smoked. It’s not district yet. Silsbee may be legit. Vidor has a little time to get better. 

Vidor has gotten too used to playing this deception style power offense that they fool their own damn selves. 3rd and long multiple times we run it up the gut, 4th and short we pitch it back and try to punt. Blocked and returned for a touchdown, who are we fooling? The opponent is ready for that trickery from us, we’ve done the same stuff for years. If you want to get really crazy then mix in a pass play on 1st or 2nd down but when the down and distance calls for a certain type of play, then you run the damn play and try your best to execute better than your opponent. Get back to playing smash mouth football and make them execute to stop you. 4th and short you line the big boys up and pound the rock, if you don’t want to do that then just do a traditional punt. It’s simple, you ain’t fooling nobody with these quick kick pitch back pooch punts and even if you do execute it you get a short squib punt. Find a kid that can boot the ball, play the field position game, that should be your style with this offense. The defensive scheme can’t seem to recognize that they have us way outgunned on the outside, should have known that before the game even started. Make them run the ball, play soft coverage, keep safety’s over the top. Double the playmaker (Miller in case nobody knows who I’m talking about he’s #1 priority) and maybe we can rally up to make a tackle. We do what we do and are stuck in our ways to our own detriment sometimes.

This all started in last years playoff loss. We tried to be something we were not   A PASSING TEAM. whoever is calling the plays needs to be let go and let the mascot run the offense. As for the defense , the secondary should have let the cheerleaders cover those wide outs because some of themwould have at least a little sense to slow them down. They probably tackle better anyway WE DID WIN THE BAND PERFORMANCE . GO BAND                                                                                                                                                                                                        P.S. Boneyard boy  this is your brother!!

13 minutes ago, throw your v s up said:

This all started in last years playoff loss. We tried to be something we were not   A PASSING TEAM. whoever is calling the plays needs to be let go and let the mascot run the offense. As for the defense , the secondary should have let the cheerleaders cover those wide outs because some of themwould have at least a little sense to slow them down. They probably tackle better anyway WE DID WIN THE BAND PERFORMANCE . GO BAND                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Look at the scores, Vidor ain’t the only team that struggled tonight. I was just upset with our gameplan and apparent lack of effort. When you look at the big picture, it’s one loss but next week against Santa Fe will really tell us a lot about this years team.

44 minutes ago, astros4141078 said:

This is one of the worst pirate football teams I have seen in along time soft and slow is not a very good formula to win many football games. Maybe they can find something soon 

Silsbee has a heck of a ball club but your right Vidor looked soft and slow against them.

1 hour ago, astros4141078 said:

This is one of the worst pirate football teams I have seen in along time soft and slow is not a very good formula to win many football games. Maybe they can find something soon 

Looked like a pretty small team too, in size and numbers. I didn’t see any running backs that impressed me, no broken tackles or big runs. Bad formula and all around bad showing. Maybe the coaches can mix up the personnel but now I see why there was a lot of talk about more guys playing both ways. Apparent lack of depth but even more concerning was the apparent lack of effort.

20 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Looked like a pretty small team too, in size and numbers. I didn’t see any running backs that impressed me, no broken tackles or big runs. Bad formula and all around bad showing. Maybe the coaches can mix up the personnel but now I see why there was a lot of talk about more guys playing both ways. Apparent lack of depth but even more concerning was the apparent lack of effort.

Yes sir I agree 100% maybe 3 kids played with heart last night

I agree with Boneyard. That was a great analysis. We don't run the slot t like we used to. There's no misdirection and no deception. Our offense is way too predictable. In the past you never knew who had the ball. Now, you know who is getting the ball and where it's going when they break the huddle.....which leads to my next question. If we are a ground and pound, control the clock team why do we sprint to the line and go hurry up every play. We don't let everybody get set and we have several false starts every week.  We probably had 8 last night.

And why, when we do try to pass, we roll the qb left against his body to the short side of the field and then try to throw to a kid who is a lineman and has never caught a pass in his life. We aren't fooling anybody and we don't give ourselves any chance to be successful. Rant over