Uvalde School Shooting, 21 Dead

tvc184

12 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Lol… if you interpreted a threat in anything I said then you definitely shouldn’t be allowed to own a gun. 

Not a personal threat. A threat to someone’s future, predicting mayhem. Is a Hurricane a threat? Check your dictionary from time to time so you can keep up. 

9 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Okay…. What about our churches and grocery stores? Both of which have been shot up in the last two weeks? What about outdoor concerts and nightclubs?

Resource officers aren’t the solution. It’s a good start, but definitely not the fix. 

I can’t speak for other churches but I can tell you our church has a security detail made out of church members dressed in regular clothes that are strategically placed through out the church while Service is going on. If someone comes in our church an starts shooting, he or she will get lead poisoning an will get to meet Jesus real quick like. I am sure there are other churches across this country who are doing the same thing. Other venues may need to do the same. You can’t legislate yourself out of this problem. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Y’all are all right. Even though gun violence is now the leading cause of death among kids aged 0-19, we don’t need to do a thing. “Not an inch.”

This is the hidden content, please

Not cancer, car accidents, those “home invasions” that Lum keeps pissing his leg over, drug overdoses, drownings, snakebites, getting struck by lightning, choking, or drowning… gun violence. Up 83% in the last decade, but we can’t do a single thing about it as legal gun owners, right?

And if you really believe that nothing should be done, you’re gonna get your feelings hurt in the very near future. 

Nobody said do nothing, just not the liberal gun grabbing policies you’ve proposed.

Make something illegal so a bad guy can’t have one…GREAT IDEA.

8 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

You can’t legislate yourself out of this problem. 

This!

We agree. So, since we can’t rely on government to fix the problem, who else can EXCEPT gun owners? Literally every mass shooter got his weapon from a person who originally was legally allowed to possess it, and most of the time the shooter was legally permitted to have it. 

So, the best way to stem the tide is to make sure that they stop going from the good guys to the bad guys. But you’re going to have to have the cooperation of the good guys to make it work. 

Kinds like with suppressors. 

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’m the one that realizes my kids weren’t special. You don’t realize that you could have easily been a parent standing over your kids casket unable to process a suicide. Or out in front of your house talking to the news about how junior was never like this and you can’t believe that he’s done this awful thing. 

You don’t grasp that in today’s world good fortune has about as much to do with your kids’ success than your “skill” as a parent. Stop patting yourself on the back and thank God above for sparing your ungrateful behind what a lot of other parents have gone through… parents who were just as confident as you are. 

To answer your question (again)… if I buy a good guard dog, say a Rottweiler/Pit mix and he chews my kid’s face off… it’s not the dog’s fault, right?

A dog has a mind of it’s own. A gun can’t turn in you by itself. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Y’all are all right. Even though gun violence is now the leading cause of death among kids aged 0-19, we don’t need to do a thing. “Not an inch.”

This is the hidden content, please

Not cancer, car accidents, those “home invasions” that Lum keeps pissing his leg over, drug overdoses, drownings, snakebites, getting struck by lightning, choking, or drowning… gun violence. Up 83% in the last decade, but we can’t do a single thing about it as legal gun owners, right?

And if you really believe that nothing should be done, you’re gonna get your feelings hurt in the very near future. 

That’s mostly pistols in crime ridden areas. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Okay…. What about our churches and grocery stores? Both of which have been shot up in the last two weeks? What about outdoor concerts and nightclubs?

Resource officers aren’t the solution. It’s a good start, but definitely not the fix. 

Since you keep beating your drum, give us your “common sense” (I despise the term but it is like a mantra) gun laws that can even slow down any mass murder attack at churches, stores, concerts…..

I found this on another website. Just wanted to share.

We defend our president with guns

We defend congressmen with guns

We defend governors with guns

We defend celebrities with guns

We defend sports events with guns

We defend banks with guns

We defend our courts with guns 

But we defend our children with a sign that reads “this is a gun free zone “ and then call someone with guns when there’s an emergency.

9 hours ago, Unwoke said:

The Lunatic Protesters were out in full force yesterday protesting the NRA. Lol ….Smh

I didn’t know the shooter was an NRA member.  Liberals have to find someone to blame.  How about blame the sick, cross dressing shooter?  The cross dressing would lead one to believe he was a liberal, just like the protesters.  

9 hours ago, Unwoke said:

The Lunatic Protesters were out in full force yesterday protesting the NRA. Lol ….Smh

I liked the meme below your video. It said, “If we make abortion illegal, abortions will happen illegally. If we make guns illegal, we will all be safe.”

8 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Say it LOUD and POST IT SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY KNOWS! Make the cowards think twice about it.

I am pro gun, think that progressive Democrats are idiots about gun control which is about people control, not injury.

However, there will be a shooting at a campus where teachers are allowed to carry. Probably 99% of the schools in this country do not have armed teachers.

Anyone could make the bet that the next school shooting will be at a campus where teachers are not allowed to carry and there’s a 99% chance of the being correct. I’ll take that bit every time and make a ton of money.  Most of the people that commit these heinous crimes know that they are not going to live through it. They are either going to be killed or they will commit suicide. The fact that it is a teacher and not a police officer is hardly a factor.

In my opinion ….

The problem with opinions or stats like this is that once you bring it up, it might soon happen.

51 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I am pro gun, think that progressive Democrats are idiots about gun control which is about people control, not injury.

However, there will be a shooting at a campus where teachers are allowed to carry. Probably 99% of the schools in this country do not have armed teachers.

Anyone could make the bet that the next school shooting will be at a campus where teachers are not allowed to carry and there’s a 99% chance of the being correct. I’ll take that bit every time and make a ton of money.  Most of the people that commit these heinous crimes know that they are not going to live through it. They are either going to be killed or they will commit suicide. The fact that it is a teacher and not a police officer is hardly a factor.

In my opinion ….

The problem with opinions or stats like this is that once you bring it up, it might soon happen.

I don’t disagree with your statement but I’d rather have 20 staff members armed on a school campus than zero, with zero they have no chance imo. I am not saying it’s the total solution but I think it can help along with securing entry points to the school and classrooms.

On 5/27/2022 at 10:14 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

You can tell if someone is drunk, not intent with a gun.

Makes as much sense as charging a car dealer if someone kills someone in an accident.

Exactly. Thats a stupid comparison of someone obviously being drunk vs. buying a legal firearm. 

I am still waiting for someone to try to ban cars after the Christmas parade mass murder in Wisconsin. After all, CNN actually said "a car did it".  

3 hours ago, 45thAND46thSucks said:

With everything coming out about this story, seems more and more like these cops were cowards 

I don’t know but I don’t think so. I think all of the politicians and that includes the Chiefs of police and some of the commanders, are falling all over themselves  pointing fingers. Everybody is playing for the media. I think Abbott did the same thing.

I would like to know what actually happened. I am talking the actual conversations, the timeline of what happened, what was heard and so on. I might look at the facts, not the innuendo and claims on TV and social media and give my opinion that the officers inside of the school should be fired the next day. I suspect however what was reported was not the entire truth.

Everybody claims this was an active shooter but it went on for an hour or so. Do you mean that he was firing that gun for an hour and the police cannot hear it? Did they hear it and were just afraid to go in? I mean I would be afraid but that is what you signed on for.

Then I’m still to this day reading people claiming that 19 police were in the building but an off-duty BP agent showed up with a shotgun and went on there and ended it like a Rambo or something. That sounds like some of the most BS stuff I have ever heard.

I would like to know how they entered. There are still claims that they use the keys to get in the room. Was that key available earlier? Was it possible to breach that door by other means? I have seen other police officers claim that no matter what they would’ve just charged in. Really? No plan? Supposedly a steel door with a steel frame that is dead bolted. What are you going to do? Stand in front of the door and kick it until you get killed and then we had to send another cop to try to drag you out? The police are supposed to be brave but not suicidal. I don’t see the point in sending two cops to the door and they get killed . OK send two more, oh they got killed also. OK let’s send four to keep crashing that door that will not open. 

Supposedly the Uvalde chief or maybe an on scene commander determined that it was not an active shooter it was merely a barricaded lone suspect by that point. Does that mean they were there for half an hour or so and heard no shots from inside? If that is true would that indicate a barricaded person and not a person actively shooting?

Let’s go out on a limb and say if there were four or five kids still alive making 911 calls almost up until the point with a police made entry (as is some claims). The BP swat team on their own initiative decided to act and quickly ended the incident. Then how did the children die? did the shooter know where they were at the entire time and simply waited until the police tried to make entry to finish them off? If that was true, would it have mattered at all if they went in 10 minutes earlier, 20 minutes earlier, 30 minutes earlier? if he was going to wait until the police made their final assault to kill the children, where are the claims coming from that had they gone in earlier they would have been saved?

There are way too many questions and almost no answers that I can see.

I mean we know things like he shot his grandmother in the face, stole her truck and wrecked it, he bought a couple of guns a short time earlier, the number of dead, etc.

What do we know what actually happened inside the building? The stupid media is worried about the outside perimeter cops stopping the parents. I swear there are people that saw that and think that was all the cops on scene. Absolutely not. That was the cops protecting the ones inside by keeping people away from them. It is called putting up a perimeter. On a typical Swat scenario, there is an outside perimeter that might be a block or two away that is keeping roadways and alleys clear of people and helping to evacuate people living in the immediate area of a home for example. Then there is an inside perimeter which is part of swat itself and they are just outside of the objective. Up close and may be inside is the immediate team call such terms as an arrest team, contact team, react team, assault team, etc. They all basically mean the same thing. So at the very least they are normally three levels of police officers at such an incident. The media gets some citizen video of the outside perimeter and then claims that all of the police were outside fighting with the parents and not inside trying to make a rescue. That is utter garbage. could they ask for an explanation or find out what’s going on? No, that is not what the media is for. They are for sensationalism and getting views for money.

I will shut down my comments for the moment but the automatic claim that these officers were cowards is based on……. emotions? Again, they might actually have been cowards but I have a hard time believing that 19 police officers were in the  building and they all decided that it was too scary.