Bridge City vs WOS

adminbaberuth

2 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I know several BC parents and they are very upset. One was talking of removing their child from the team because they didn't want them a part of this. 

Good, I  know everyone is not like that in BC. I just also know that children are much more likely to internalize the beliefs of family or close friends than just some random guy that they met spouting racial slurs. If your parents do not condone bigotry, then you are much more likely to not condone it either and vice versa, 

5 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I know several BC parents and they are very upset. One was talking of removing their child from the team because they didn't want them a part of this. 

Which is exactly why the offenders should be removed from the team. These other kids shouldn't have to bear the burden of carrying those guys on their team. Do they think this will be over after WOS is gone? Heck no! Every team that plays BC will remember the use of that word and will paint the entire team with the same brush. Nevermind that it is almost a certainty that the kids names are out in the town. It's almost unsafe to allow them onto a football field. Dubois needs to do the right thing and send a message. Dubois will either tolerate the behavior for the sake of winning football games, or he will not. If the kids play, it will be seen by many as toleration.

14 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Probably nothing, bigotry and racism is usually learned from family or others in close proximity. Racism and bigotry are taught, which is why all kids play with one another at the playground before they are influenced by outside forces. One has to challenge the schemas the individuals hold about  to create the dissonance needed to bring about positive change.

To me it goes beyond even that....I've raised mine to be respectful of other peoples feelings. You don't call people fat, You don't judge by the cloths people wear, etc...... You don't intentionally set out to hurt someone. Basic manners go a long way. And stand up for whats right.

10 minutes ago, NDNation said:

To me it goes beyond even that....I've raised mine to be respectful of others peoples feelings. You don't call people fat, You don't judge by the cloths people wear, etc...... You don't intentionally set out to hurt someone. Basic manners go a long way. And stand up for whats right.

I agree. Many people apparently do not. I love SETX and miss Port Arthur from time to time. I would be lying however, if I told you that I didn't experience similar things and worse growing up though. We have a long way to go.

10 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I agree. Many people apparently do not. I love SETX and miss Port Arthur from time to time. I would be lying however, if I told you that I didn't experience similar things and worse growing up though. We have a long way to go.

My son is 16 and just got his permit. I had him drive down Stadium and go in some neighborhoods yesterday. He was waving at people as he passed. I asked him why he was doing that...he said "just trying to be nice".  It's not that hard to be a good person.

Very unacceptable by the kids involved. I know the coach made a public apology, hope it gets handled. Casts a bad shadow on a community when things of that nature transpire.

That being said, I won't be surprised if WOS scores an ungodly amount of points and that Chain Gang D comes out laying the wood.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

This is so utterly ridiculous. 

i don't even know what to say. I hope the kid that was targeted is ok... He damned sure didn't deserve that. I can't apologize for anybody but myself, but I am truly embarrassed and sorry that this happened.

I hope that everybody that is offended knows that I don't feel that way, and I think that is true for most of my BC neighbors. 

Good response.  All those knocks on Silsbee's discipline and personal fouls....now hit home even deeper.

1 hour ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Probably nothing, bigotry and racism is usually learned from family or others in close proximity. Racism and bigotry are taught, which is why all kids play with one another at the playground before they are influenced by outside forces. One has to challenge the schemas the individuals hold about others to create the dissonance needed to bring about positive change.

My exact thoughts, probably nothing because that's how his parents feel...

Central plays Saturday, I might have to go to this game and see how many points will be scored on the Cardinals...

34 minutes ago, team first said:

His father played for WOS back in the day. 

So I would assume he will receive some punishment from home, and most important the teaching of life lessons. 

If I sent that tweet out to my coworkers, I'm out of a job. Teach him this lesson now by removing him from the team before it costs him much more later in life.

20 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

You ever seen a team score a 100 in football well you might Friday Night. Those mustangs will be running on all 10 cylinders. This will get ugly quick!

I don't think so for a couple of reasons.  First, what was posted might have heightened the Mustangs' resolve, but it did not diminish the Cardinals' ability...the WO-S coaches and players know that.  Second, even if the Mustangs are in a position, Coach Thompson won't do it.  You see as angry as we are.....and make no mistake, we are angry...Coach Thompson knows that in the bigger scheme of things, Bridge City is a small fish (no offense intended to the BC folks, it is just how it is) and he will not jeopardize the bigger things by trying to spear a small fish.

Don't get me wrong, this alumnus of West Orange-Stark is angry (still) at what was said and finds no way...age or otherwise... to mitigate it.  Thus, I would love nothing more than to see the visitor part of the scoreboard at Larry Ward Stadium to resemble a pin ball machine with a ball in play.  But thankfully, WO-S has a coach who has more clarity of mind than us fans.

I look forward to this game being played so that, if for nothing else, this sorry and unfortunate situation can begin to move behind us.

2 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I don't think so for a couple of reasons.  First, what was posted might have heightened the Mustangs' resolve, but it did not diminish the Cardinals' ability...the WO-S coaches and players know that.  Second, even if the Mustangs are in a position, Coach Thompson won't do it.  You see as angry as we are.....and make no mistake, we are angry...Coach Thompson knows that in the bigger scheme of things, Bridge City is a small fish (no offense intended to the BC folks, it is just how it is) and he will not jeopardize the bigger things by trying to spear a small fish.

Don't get me wrong, this alumnus of West Orange-Stark is angry (still) at what was said and finds no way...age or otherwise... to mitigate it.  Thus, I would love nothing more than to see the visitor part of the scoreboard at Larry Ward Stadium to resemble a pin ball machine with a ball in play.  But thankfully, WO-S has a coach who has more clarity of mind than us fans.

Now that right there just made me spit Dr.pepper on my screen.

1 hour ago, The Icon said:

Very unacceptable by the kids involved. I know the coach made a public apology, hope it gets handled. Casts a bad shadow on a community when things of that nature transpire.

That being said, I won't be surprised if WOS scores an ungodly amount of points and that Chain Gang D comes out laying the wood.

The bridge city head coach didn't waist any time sending his what i believe to be a sincere apology.

1 minute ago, new tobie said:

The bridge city head coach didn't waist any time sending his what i believe to be a sincere apology.

Hes a very good and Christian man, I expected nothing less from him hence one of the reasons 'Grad said Coach T wont run the score up. (Or wont try as the backups will make that decision)