Bridge City vs WOS

adminbaberuth

It won't happen because Coach Dubois will handle this situation appropriately.

But personally I wish coach would let the player responsible for the meme play in Friday nights game, and let WOS beat his head in play after play. That'd be a punishment he'd never forget, and allow the WOS kids to feel a sense of revenge.

This is the hidden content, please

This is getting out of hand. I say let the game speak for itself and hope for a good clean well played game by both sides. This has got to hurt the moral and players on both sides but mostly BC going forward. Prayers out for all involved and players, fans, schools. This is something neither teams needs as a distraction. 

3 hours ago, Scatright said:

I understand that kids make mistakes, but this is bigger than that. Whichever player/players are responsible should be removed from the BC football team and never allowed to play again. Furthermore, they should be driven by Coach Dubois to make a formal, in person, apology to the player that was portrayed in the meme. No one will ever be able to remove the amount of shame and hurt that was brought against the young man by the meme that was tweeted, and it should cost those responsible their opportunity to be a part of the Bridge City Football program. I cannot imagine that they can continue on with students like that in their organization. I am all for second chances, but sometimes hard life lessons need to be taught and this is one of those times. Things like this have cost people their lives. These kids need to learn that having that type of hate in your heart can cost you a lot more than football.

I am out of likes but this is 1000%!

6 minutes ago, Sportsguy17 said:

If I was the coach at BC I would get all my players together and ask the person to come forward. If he didn't I would tell the team there not playing another game til that person turns him self in

I am very certain DuBois knows who the players are that did this.

Probably in the punishment phase as we speak.

5 minutes ago, Sportsguy17 said:

If I was the coach at BC I would get all my players together and ask the person to come forward. If he didn't I would tell the team there not playing another game til that person turns him self in

It's known who it was. Off the team, allegedly. Team leaders and coach Dubois responded instantly.  I'm told the kid created and posted the meme in a group message that included some, not all, of the team. It wasn't warmly received there. Somebody took a screenshot and forwarded it to a kid from WOS. The rest is history. 

I hope it got a few laughs, because everybody else is going to pay for it now. 

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

Wait ... We are dealing with a teenager in school. Not a adult .

Exactly. He needs to learn that the consequence are grave for those actions. Losing HS football will sear into his mind the regrettable consequences of this action and will (hopefully) ensure he doesn't suffer greater consequences later in life. ie:  losing a job that provides food and shelter for his family

Hold his hand and care for him because he's a "teenager in school" and he will undoubtedly repeat offend.

I will respect your request not to identify the young man and or men. Yes they might have already been disciplined and had things taken away but, put yourself in the shoes of the young man who was the target of this stupidity. He did not deserve this nor does any other person. So please don't ask for sympathy and forget this ever happened. Parents wake up and quit raising your children to hate.

5 minutes ago, 78Stang said:

I will respect your request not to identify the young man and or men. Yes they might have already been disciplined and had things taken away but, put yourself in the shoes of the young man who was the target of this stupidity. He did not deserve this nor does any other person. So please don't ask for sympathy and forget this ever happened. Parents wake up and quit raising your children to hate.

Very valid point here 

3 minutes ago, 78Stang said:

Bingo.   And while this is certainly not the place to do so, I hope EVERYONE finds out exactly who the culprit(s) is/are.  After all, everyone knows who the young man is who this was directed toward, and he didn't do a darn thing to deserve any of it...

5 minutes ago, 78Stang said:

I tend to agree. The pic of the young man who is the victim of this stupidity was plastered all over social media. The culprit or culprits may not ever have their pic or names revealed. That is quite unfair, imo.

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Bingo.   And while this is certainly not the place to do so, I hope EVERYONE finds out exactly who the culprit(s) is/are.  After all, everyone knows who the young man is who this was directed toward, and he didn't do a darn thing to deserve any of it...

That's what I'm thinking, poor kid has his face all over the news while the idiot can hide and not be known.

13 minutes ago, 78Stang said:

Please don't take my plea that he/they not be identified here as a plea of sympathy as it was not intended for that.  Every penalty that is meted out as a result of this hateful act is sorely deserved. Further, I am not naive enough to think that the culprit(s) won't be fingered.  It may not be done officially, but I am already hearing one name being mentioned and we will soon all know.

I just don't want this to be the site to break it.