Bridge City vs WOS

adminbaberuth

11 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I highly doubt BC will name them, but you know as well as I do that someone will spill the beans.

Predicting by tonight player(s) name will be on Twitter or Facebook.

IMO, all that would do is give in to the situation. Shouldn't run from problems. I'm not sure where he heard that but I seriously doubt that is the case.

This whole situation makes me mad. Of course, this situation was hateful, hurtful, inappropriate and should never have happened. I also recognize that people, especially kids, do things on the spur of the moment impulse, without thinking the whole thing through. This situation has the possibility to make for an over-aggressive game, where someone could get hurt. It also will undoubtedly mentally scar the young man who was targeted. Conversely, the young man or young men, who committed this act, could be ostracized and  scarred for many years, over a stupid act that  someone did not think through. Sad situation.

3 minutes ago, SILVER AND BLACK said:

The Mustangs are walking around the school  just focus on the game and nothing esle thats good to know if they don't cancel it bc is talking about the safety of the kids might be an issue but this could hear say I'm checking in to it 

If this game were to be cancelled on that basis, that BCISD is concerned about their players' safety, I for one would find that just as offensive as the post that caused this mess.  WO-S players, upset as they may be, are fully able to control their emotions on the football field and the WO-S coaches are fully capable of controlling the Mustangs.  They have that sort of discipline, discipline that if one or more of the Cardinal players would have possessed, we wouldn't be discussing this situation right now!

I keep seeing people thinking that the Bridge City player posted the picture on Twitter. It was sent in a message between BC kids then was somehow forwarded to a WOS player who then posted it on Twitter. Just wanted to clear that up for people confused. Who knows what is said in high schoolers messages, this one just happened to get out. The picture was completely inappropriate and disgusting no doubt about it. I just know how young kids are and will say anything to get a reaction. Not trying to bring light to the situation but I believe in second chances, not sure if the kid has had any trouble in the past. I was thinking it'd be more like a sincere apology and a lengthy suspension. Can't disagree with the decision though. Bad situation all around. 

Hoping for a good, clean game.

21 minutes ago, 78Stang said:

Where is Silver And Black getting this information? I have not seen or heard anything like that at all.

Getting it from the school front office but its still in the works I'm heading up there now I don't even to cancel tonight's game these kids worked their tails off all week to play also