Bridge City vs WOS

adminbaberuth

10 minutes ago, TimRiggins said:

I keep seeing people thinking that the Bridge City player posted the picture on Twitter. It was sent in a message between BC kids then was somehow forwarded to a WOS player who then posted it on Twitter. Just wanted to clear that up for people confused. Who knows what is said in high schoolers messages, this one just happened to get out. The picture was completely inappropriate and disgusting no doubt about it. I just know how young kids are and will say anything to get a reaction. Not trying to bring light to the situation but I believe in second chances, not sure if the kid has had any trouble in the past. I was thinking it'd be more like a sincere apology and a lengthy suspension. Can't disagree with the decision though. Bad situation all around. 

Hoping for a good, clean game.

I understand what you are saying, but a couple of things.  First, I don't care if it was done by group message, twitter, facebook, snapchat, morse code or freaking smoke signal for that matter...it was done and done intentionally and stiff sanction should follow. Second, I follow most, if not all, of the twitter accounts of the current Mustangs (INCLUDING the young man who was the target of that hateful meme) and I have seen NOTHING that comes anywhere near close to what was said in that message even after the meme was revealed, although the newest Enterprise yellow dog journalist, David Thompson, claims otherwise.

9 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I understand what you are saying, but a couple of things.  First, I don't care if it was done by group message, twitter, facebook, snapchat, morse code or freaking smoke signal for that matter...it was done and done intentionally and stiff sanction should follow. Second, I follow most, if not all, of the twitter accounts of the current Mustangs (INCLUDING the young man who was the target of that hateful meme) and I have seen NOTHING that comes anywhere near close to what was said in that message even after the meme was revealed, although the newest Enterprise yellow dog journalist, David Thompson, claims otherwise.

Those guys at the BE!!?? I couldn't believe that Danny Shapiro retweeted the picture out to all of his followers last night. He never once thought that a young man's face was on that picture, he just tweeted it out to get his 2 cents in. I wouldn't be surprised if this thing ends up on much more than the local news.

I don't know where the "not playing the game" rumors came from, but from what i hear...there is not doubt about it, the game will still be played.

I was not going to post any predictions about the outcome of this game as I was hoping for a good, close game. Now I think someone has rattled a cage and won't be able to handle what's in it...

WOS 42 BC 0

In a way, BC is fortunate.  If there were a team disciplined enough to handle this with a coach who has a firm grasp on his players, it is the WOS Mustangs and Cornel Thompson.  I have every confidence they will merely go about their business as they always do.  It's just they will kick the ever-loving crap out of the Cardinals in the process. 

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

If this game were to be cancelled on that basis, that BCISD is concerned about their players' safety, I for one would find that just as offensive as the post that caused this mess.  WO-S players, upset as they may be, are fully able to control their emotions on the football field and the WO-S coaches are fully capable of controlling the Mustangs.  They have that sort of discipline, discipline that if one or more of the Cardinal players would have possessed, we wouldn't be discussing this situation right now!

excellent post! 

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

If this game were to be cancelled on that basis, that BCISD is concerned about their players' safety, I for one would find that just as offensive as the post that caused this mess.  WO-S players, upset as they may be, are fully able to control their emotions on the football field and the WO-S coaches are fully capable of controlling the Mustangs.  They have that sort of discipline, discipline that if one or more of the Cardinal players would have possessed, we wouldn't be discussing this situation right now!

Great post!!! +100

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

I don't know where the "not playing the game" rumors came from, but from what i hear...there is not doubt about it, the game will still be played.

I was not going to post any predictions about the outcome of this game as I was hoping for a good, close game. Now I think someone has rattled a cage and won't be able to handle what's in it...

WOS 42 BC 0

WOS was gunna blow them out with or without this incident. 

The more things change, the more they stay the same. So sad this can't be about Football. Unfortunately BC boosters & district will benefit from ticket & concession by hosting WOS which travels well & are State Champs. Punishment should be All BC home games played with no fans the remainder of the year. Only in a perfect world. Praying for a safe game & no further incidents. I've been very impressed with the BC program the past few short yrs. Hopefully the Coach & Community can get past this & play Football. WOS brass has handled the situation as best as  anyone can. Hats off!!!! 

#SETXFootball

9 minutes ago, Bigcam2903 said:

The more things change, the more they stay the same. So sad this can't be about Football. Unfortunately BC boosters & district will benefit from ticket & concession by hosting WOS which travels well & are State Champs. Punishment should be All BC home games played with no fans the remainder of the year. Only in a perfect world. Praying for a safe game & no further incidents. I've been very impressed with the BC program the past few short yrs. Hopefully the Coach & Community can get past this & play Football. WOS brass has handled the situation as best as  anyone can. Hats off!!!! 

#SETXFootball

So you think all of BC district and whole community should pay for the actions of one kid?  I can not and will not speak for the whole community but I can speak for a few families that I know are a part of the that program.  I know they do not and did not raise their kids to support such behavior or act in any manner close to this.  They are both good Christian families and I have hard time understanding how they should be punished for what happened yesterday.  

23 minutes ago, skipper said:

this is what I would love to see happen Friday coach Thompson and coach DuBois  have there teams meet on the 50 yard line before kickoff and kneel in a circle and have a kid say a short prayer CAN THIS HAPPEN

It would be awesome.  With all of the negativity surrounding these issues nationwide, we have the opportunity to show how these situations (which shouldn't happen) can be handled.  

9 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

So you think all of BC district and whole community should pay for the actions of one kid?  I can not and will not speak for the whole community but I can speak for a few families that I know are a part of the that program.  I know they do not and did not raise their kids to support such behavior or act in any manner close to this.  They are both good Christian families and I have hard time understanding how they should be punished for what happened yesterday.  

I don't think Cam was trying to say that exactly. In fact, he's been around long enough I'm sure he knows folks from BC as well.  

I can verify what you say.  I thought of one family from BC today that has a son and daughter that are both standout athletes at BCHS.  Two wonderful, Christian kids who any parent would be proud to have.   They also have a toddler I think they adopted and she happens to be black.  One of the finest families I know in all of SETX.  I feel sorry for them and all the good folks of BC who are, I'm sure, quite mortified by the idiotic actions of others. 

We must remember that to brand an entire group of people as racists or bigots is to travel down the same road as the racists or bigots themselves.  Stereotypes and generalizations are lazy, ignorant ways of thinking and are the root of racism itself.  

In the end, we should also remember that some kid apparently had the "stones" to out the despicable post and he should be as commended as the one who is condemned.  I can only mimic what's been said before that this type of ignorance isn't innate or natural.  It is learned.  And once I found out who it was, I can't say I was at all surprised.  And to that end I was proud that not only have I been blessed with kids who don't adhere to this type of shallow thinking, but at least one who constantly reminds me he is an exceptional judge of character...

1 hour ago, TexasPanther2012 said:

WOS was gunna blow them out with or without this incident. 

My thoughts exactly! ! The situation is bad enough. Me personally think everyone sud let it b. So everyone can find a way to heal from this. This is the thing.w.o. didn't need any motivation no way. Those kids are focused on trying to get better. ND I for one think BC matches up better with newton then w.o .reason one w.o d-line is better den BC o-line. And it will b hard for them to run against them. Second BC secondary want b able to keep up with those wrs. JD3 is unbelievable at making the right decision.  ND if u try to kick to them they will hav a short field all nite.at least when they play newton it will b two running teams going up against each other.shortens the game.