Bridge City vs WOS

adminbaberuth

26 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

It certainly doesn't meet my definition of "severe" as Mr. DNC wished us to believe.

If that would have been my son, I can guarantee you he would not play for a year. I wouldn't care what the coach said. You don't treat anyone like that. I was raised to show respect to everyone.

11 minutes ago, NDNation said:

I don't really care how it was exposed...I want to know if the sender is in trouble. I'm pointing out that if there even IS a sender..then they need to be in trouble also. It was not with good intentions to out it that way. They should be in trouble also. If there IS a sender. The news is reporting...why haven't we heard the story of what actually happen.

I understand that both the creator AND sender have both been suspended from school for three days, and that rules out this Friday. I am unaware of anything further that would be handed down by Dubois. I would be surprised to see either back on the field before October 6th. 

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I understand that both the creator AND sender have both been suspended from school for three days, and that rules out this Friday. I am unaware of anything further that would be handed down by Dubois. I would be surprised to see either back on the field before the first of October 6th. 

Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Scatright said:

If they only get two games then I will lose every ounce of respect I have ever had for Coach Dubois. 

Before you rush to judgement on Dubois it's possible that school board policy or some other rules may have come into play here. I have only past transgressions to base this on so I could be completely off base as well, I'm just offering up another possible explanation. I know a couple of times there were students that most folks were certain that they would be kicked off a particular team or group that only got smaller suspensions due to school rules. Again I may be wrong but I don't think it's quite so easy to completely dismiss an individual from a team/group.

Just an observation, don't shoot the messenger.

Rake1

1 minute ago, Rake1 said:

Before you rush to judgement on Dubois it's possible that school board policy or some other rules may have come into play here. I have only past transgressions to base this on so I could be completely off base as well, I'm just offering up another possible explanation. I know a couple of times there were students that most folks were certain that they would be kicked off a particular team or group that only got smaller suspensions due to school rules. Again I may be wrong but I don't think it's quite so easy to completely dismiss an individual from a team/group.

Rake1

It's true. I've also heard rumors that the expulsion itself would prohibit the kids from returning at all. It's really just a time to wait and see. BCISD is well aware that all eyes are on them. 

28 minutes ago, NDNation said:

I don't really care how it was exposed...I want to know if the sender is in trouble. I'm pointing out that if there even IS a sender..then they need to be in trouble also. It was not with good intentions to out it that way. They should be in trouble also. If there IS a sender. The news is reporting...why haven't we heard the story of what actually happen.

I don't know about the final outcome as it seems to be quite an exercise in speculation going on as to who or how many have received punishment as well as the length of his/their sentence(s) despite assurances that the ones making such speculation are "in the know.".  But early this morning, I had been advised that the person who sent the message to the Mustang player was also facing some sort of sanction.  Did that actually happen?  Your guess is as good as mine.

I don't know if there is a such thing as a proper punishment. I am more concern with what lesson are we to teach those kids. I have learned to analyze myself because a lot of what kids display is from what we put in front of there eyes. Some it's all they know how to do, I have learned they can change, but we must help them. As far as the Kid from WOS, I applaud you for your calmness. I applaud you for not walking the same path going back and forth. Hold you head up, lower your body down, and keep playing ball. Remember you are only what you answer too, and right now you are better than that picture or remarks. Now my last word I ask of you and it maybe hard, but forgive them, don't carry their foolishness on your shoulders.

13 minutes ago, Rake1 said:

Rake1

I have never known a football coach to not have the final authority regarding whether or not athletes are allowed to be on the team. The board may decide the length of the school suspension, but I'd be shocked if Dubois doesn't have the power to remove the kid from the team. 

3 minutes ago, Scatright said:

I have never known a football coach to not have the final authority regarding whether or not athletes are allowed to be on the team. The board may decide the length of the school suspension, but I'd be shocked if Dubois doesn't have the power to remove the kid from the team. 

It really depends on who you work for. I've seen some coaches get fired for suspending a player in other areas of Texas. It sounds crazy but it happens. 

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

I will tell you what,. Given the player is in question wants to make it right.  The perfect place to do it would be Friday night before the game.  He can stand out on the field make a public apology over the loudspeaker and then go to the WOS sideline and apologize to the WOS player in particular, as well as his teammates and coaches. Yes I realize the embarrassment and difficulty in doing so but that is just what he may need.

my man is always full of fabulous ideas.  

There are two involved, the creator and the sender, and from what I have heard, both are suspended from playing in the next 3 games as well as 3 days suspension from school.  

It is unclear whether or not a school suspension would completely remove the player(s) from the team.  There were some BCISD policy changes a few years ago that changed the suspension/extra curricular tie in regarding things that happen away from school, (ie, Sexting scandal, MIP at parties and the like).

I would love the see the public apology, that is a great idea that was posted above.  It would be very unlikely because if the players are suspended from school, they can't be on school property or at a school function or game during their suspension.  If they were to allow it to happen, even though it's the right thing, it would open up a another can of worms regarding allowing a suspended student to attend a function.  

9 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

At minimum, the player or players involved should be suspended for this game.

My thoughts exactly. He has to sit this game. However, to ban him for the entire season is not necessary. Suspend him Friday night and consider further punishment of other sorts (additional games of suspension and community service), but I'm for giving him the opportunity to learn from his stupidity and get a second chance at football. The player should also be put on a very short leash. Any offense like this or anything close to it and permanent banishment from the team is then warranted. 

I think the post was very disrespectful and inconsiderate. It was wrong in so many ways. I also have to ask if this happened while the guilty were at school when it happened. Think about this a second. I do not think a school should be able to punish a student for what they did, while they were on their own time. It is the same for a person's job. I do not think an employer should be allowed to punish a worker for something they did, while not at work. Doesn't matter if it was a criminal or moral attack. With that said, right or wrong, we all enjoy Freedom of Expression. This freedom has limits and consequences. I imagine there are all kinds of thoughts on this. Remember, before you shoot me, I think the whole thing was wrong, inconsiderate and disrespectful. If the kid disrespected anyone, while in school, he is subject to disciplinary actions from the school. What these actions are, is up to the school and what the individuals think is proper.

People need to respect each other.

14 minutes ago, bc#1fan said:

Wish a statement would be given on the facts of suspensions etc. would really help ease the situation perhaps. Or it could make it worse I guess if it's not enough. 

But would be nice to see! 

Not going to happen.  School districts have restrictions on how much they can reveal on disciplinary matters.  How restrictive may vary from school district to school district, but they all have restrictions.

And not meaning to further add to the confusion as to what sanction, if any has been handed down, but I just got off of the phone with a source I deem to be extremely credible on the matter who said that two Cardinal players have been suspended from the team for the remainder of the season.

6 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I just got off of the phone with a source I deem to be extremely credible on the matter who said that two Cardinal players have been suspended from the team for the remainder of the season.

Ouch. I tell you what, I hate this whole situation, for several reasons. One of these is that many (me included) was so looking forward to a good clean game. Now, the whole game is tainted. The outcome was affected in more ways than just the scoreboard.

3 hours ago, Jus1o'theguys said:

and i SAID that... and that is WHY i said that.. PLEASE read the post in its entirety i am NOT excusing it AT ALL... but if you don't want ALL the facts and want to make comments based on hear say or assumption... ok

Go ahead, make excuses for it.....typical. Last post on this from me, but are you seriously trying to rationalize the hatred that was posted??? So you are blaming WOS for what BC did??? Really???

31 minutes ago, kicker said:

Go ahead, make excuses for it.....typical. Last post on this from me, but are you seriously trying to rationalize the hatred that was posted??? So you are blaming WOS for what BC did??? Really???

I really don't think he is making any excuses, after reading the whole thread. All he seems to be doing is revealing the truth of what happened. It also sheds a different light on who was responsible for what. I also think that whoever posted it to twitter should have their hands slapped for perpetuating the hate.

I just read a post saying something about where this happened, at home or at school.  I did wonder how if it happened away from school, that he could be suspended  from school.  What is the precedent/ rule there.  Now like I have said in previous posts he represents the school as a football player which is a privilege to play so that is definitely an area of punishment.