Bridge City vs WOS

adminbaberuth

On 9/7/2016 at 9:27 PM, BCGrad! said:

I definitely do not see a "blow out." JMHO, I think the game will be within 2 scores. I know that is contrary to popular belief but I do think the Cards can at least hang with the Stangs. Definitely better than their last two opponents. Both teams are senior heavy but WOS speed out rules BC by far. Bridge City easily has the best OL in the area & WOS matches that with their DL. I'm excited for this game as I think it will be one of the best games of the year for both sides. 

BC put up 50+ on a not very good HISD school last week while Draper sat on the sidelines in shorts and a jersey. I think that the best chance BC has to even sniff a win against the Mustangs would be this year strictly based on the team BC has this year. Now, they are also playing the best WOS since the late 80's. So we will see what happens on Friday night. I know both coaches have amped it up at practice this week in preparation for one another. Good luck to both teams. 

I would hate to see a Sr. Lose his last year of football, however at his age he very well knows the risk of putting anything of this nature out there.  Unfortunately sometimes one mistake costs you dearly and in my opinion this is one of those cases.  As a player you are not only representing yourself, school and teammates but your city as well.  These type of things have to stop and a stand made.  I would respect and decision the school and Coach makes as long as it isn't, and I am sure it won't be, a slap on the wrist.

As far as playing the game, I would hate to see both teams, fans and bands etc etc punished for the actions of one or two.  The concern to me isn't on the field that can be controlled by coaches and officials.  The big concern is the ones attending the game.  It only takes one or two looking to carry this where it doesn't really belong to cause lots of trouble.

just so ya'll know this was in a private group message to begin with... and NO it should have NEVER been sent or created... but someone OUTSIDE the football program got their hands on it and sent it to the student... that's plain evil to want to hurt someone like that... it was NOT the football player that sent it or posted it... once received, WOS posted it on twitter.. so just to clarify BC did NOT post this on TWITTER... not an excuse for creating it... but clarification on how this went down

9 hours ago, NDNation said:

To me it goes beyond even that....I've raised mine to be respectful of other peoples feelings. You don't call people fat, You don't judge by the cloths people wear, etc...... You don't intentionally set out to hurt someone. Basic manners go a long way. And stand up for whats right.

The "golden rule" isn't being taught anymore and hasn't and its this generation that we see what that does in the end... also.. teens music, video games, idols (athletes etc) bring a LOT of this to the table and its in all they hear over and over.. i can see where a child that has been raised "right" can make a bad choice and not think about consequences of those choices... it's called maturity... and in this case, it cost a lot more than shame... sad that our world is coming to this.. it's not just this one incident that has taken place.. this is a growin problem that was NOT around when i was a kid... but then again, we were allowed to pray and we memorized the golden rule in school... as well as the 10 commandments.. it's not about religion or wosrhipping a God its about good morals....

7 minutes ago, Jus1o'theguys said:

just so ya'll know this was in a private group message to begin with... and NO it should have NEVER been sent or created... but someone OUTSIDE the football program got their hands on it and sent it to the student... that's plain evil to want to hurt someone like that... it was NOT the football player that sent it or posted it... once received, WOS posted it on twitter.. so just to clarify BC did NOT post this on TWITTER... not an excuse for creating it... but clarification on how this went down

Really makes it worse in my mind.  Now WOS kids have to be wondering what they've been labeled and talked about in group messages that didn't get outed?

5 minutes ago, Jus1o'theguys said:

This appears to be no different that the reaction of the DNC when Wikileaks outed the rigging of the Democrat convention and my answer to this is my answer to that......I don't care how it was revealed, the act should not have taken place.

10 minutes ago, Jus1o'theguys said:

I see what you're trying to say but if you don't create it there is nothing to see

6 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

Really makes it worse in my mind.  Now WOS kids have to be wondering what they've been labeled and talked about in group messages that didn't get outed?

really? because they don't talk about their rivalries in group messages? The group message was ignored and no one commented on it... it was not condoned.. and again i was not excusing it at all... but there are mentions of this kids pic being all over twitter and BC didn't post it on twitter.. WOS did

5 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

This appears to be no different that the reaction of the DNC when Wikileaks outed the rigging of the Democrat convention and my answer to this is my answer to that......I don't care how it was revealed, the act should not have taken place.

and i SAID that... and that is WHY i said that.. PLEASE read the post in its entirety i am NOT excusing it AT ALL... but if you don't want ALL the facts and want to make comments based on hear say or assumption... ok

1 minute ago, Jus1o'theguys said:

really? because they don't talk about their rivalries in group messages? The group message was ignored and no one commented on it... it was not condoned.. and again i was not excusing it at all... but there are mentions of this kids pic being all over twitter and BC didn't post it on twitter.. WOS did

Your wrong bud,it was posted in the group,one of the other players mom seen it and didn't agree so she screen shot it and that's how it started...not sure who first put it on Twitter thoughthough

4 minutes ago, outanup said:

Isnt that like saying its ok to break the law.....as long as you dont get caught?

no? i NEVER said any of it was "ok".... what i AM saying is that several people are saying that BC blasted this kid all over Twitter... there are a lot of "rumors" going around... i simply wanted to give some facts and leave it at that.. but i NEVER agreed or excused it even being created... absolutely NOT! It IS sad that this has happened. and absolutely wrong... again.. don't assume.. read merely the facts

9 minutes ago, Jus1o'theguys said:

and i SAID that... and that is WHY i said that.. PLEASE read the post in its entirety i am NOT excusing it AT ALL... but if you don't want ALL the facts and want to make comments based on hear say or assumption... ok

And what is changed by this REVELATION!?  Absolutely nothing!  The meme whether in group message, twitter, facebook, snap chat, morse code, land line telephone or smoke signal, it was done.  And how it made it's way into the public domain is OF ABSOLUTELY NO RELEVANCE!  It was done and found to be so egregious that both the BC AD and the Super (in different released statements) offered apologies.  The manner in which the item made its way to the public obviously matters to you, but it certainly doesn't to me!

21 minutes ago, Jus1o'theguys said:

No, the only thing that is plain evil is the little dip sh!5 that created the meme to begin with.  As said, he won't play Friday and will not receive his share of the butt kicking that is forthcoming.  I say his punishment should be that he should play guest scout team running back at PAM Titans' practices next week.  I know a few hard-hitting kiddos over there that won't be as "disciplined" as the Mustangs...

4 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

Until someone says they did it we will never know.. U hear one thing, I hear another... goes to show u it doesn't matter who posted it but more so of who created it

ok... you're not listening to what i am saying.. ......... but anyways....it has been handled and the people involved in its entirety have been punished... severely... 

4 minutes ago, outanup said:

Talked to a board member today....Word I got was kid in the group text sent it to WOS kid....And from there it went to twitter.

no... NO ONE in the group text sent it to WOS... and the group text wasn't even about anything to do with WOS and that's why it was ignored in the text to begin with... someone else made a bad decision to screen shot it and stir the pot.... it wasn't the same person who created it... and both have been dealt with... severely