PNG vs SOC State Championship Game Thread/Post updates here

Reagan

Who wins?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Port Neches-Groves
    • South Oak Cliff

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2023 at 05:00 PM

SOC also had more than enough time to make something happen in their last possession. They looked tired and possibly deflated and PNG dominated them for that last couple minutes. Personally, I wish the refs would've called more things early in the game (there were plenty), so there wouldn't be anyone trying to tarnish what PNG's kids did. Amazing game. 

23 hours ago, png409ndns said:

Well he doesn't have kids at PNG high school. And the coaches agreed on the refs so the point is moot per IV of your post 

The coaches agreed on the refs but to my understanding Part IV only applies if the potential conflict is disclosed...the rule reads he doesn't have kids at the school, so I assume since it specifically says school and not ISD its not per TASO considered a conflict 

24 minutes ago, bulldawg64 said:

Png has the best period. they won ,game over! end of story.til next chapter :2024  lol!

I don’t know that SOC makes it back next year. That region is stacked and they will be adding Anna (4A D1 State Champ) who is moving up. 
I like PNGs odds though. All that said it is very hard to win 5 straight against top talent each week, especially when you go into each game with a bullseye on your back like PNG will next year. 

14 minutes ago, badndn said:

I don’t know that SOC makes it back next year. That region is stacked and they will be adding Anna (4A D1 State Champ) who is moving up. 
I like PNGs odds though. All that said it is very hard to win 5 straight against top talent each week, especially when you go into each game with a bullseye on your back like PNG will next year. 

Based on how everything played out I believe Region 3 is a gauntlet. Better defenses it seems. Will probabl be that way again next year

10 hours ago, badndn said:

PNG had a bullseye on their back this season. FBM, TC, Dayton, Ned, and then especially LH in the semi, all reportedly had last season's scores posted up on the locker room wall. 

6 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

There are no coach challenges or requests for a review only the replay official determines if and when to stop play for a review.

Thank you. I was confused because someone (I don’t remember who, but it was someone in a journalist position) emphasized that the SOC coach didn’t say anything about the “call” in the three minutes after it happened