#1 carthage vs #3 pleasant grove

Bansheefan

2 hours ago, Bring back the 50 defense said:

Not a dang thang

Theirs not too much similarity from last year to this year I’m saying Carthage is not as invincible as they  may have been I think PG will play Carthage just as tough as Glen Rose did last season yes it’s a different year but I just saying some of these teams may be closing the gap on catching up to Carthage.

24 minutes ago, Mballler#1 said:

Theirs not too much similarity from last year to this year I’m saying Carthage is not as invincible as they  may have been I think PG will play Carthage just as tough as Glen Rose did last season yes it’s a different year but I just saying some of these teams may be closing the gap on catching up to Carthage.

Carthage is very young this year with many sophomores. This is the year to catch them, but I still think it is unlikely. Forget it after this year. 

PG lost their starting center and linebacker and they start 7 players both ways. 
Here is more info to think about. 
The Dawg defensive D line is the best in both 4A DI and DII. The Dawg defense has held 8 of the 12 teams to minus rushing yards in the first half. 
PG starting tackles weigh 190 soaking wet and will be going up against two 300 hundred pounders that are super strong and super quick that started all 16 games last year as sophomores. The third D lineman also a stated 16 games last year as a sophomore and has several DI offers. 
The three Dawg linebackers two sophomores and one junior are 1, 2, and 3 in sacks and tackles. One sophomore linebackers leads the team in tackles and has 17 sacks. 
Dawg sophomore QB has thrown 35 touchdown passes and 3500 yards. 
KJ Edwards sophomore running back has many DI offers and just received an offer from Georgia.  
playing 7 players both ways which includes their QB will not work against a big strong O line and D line. 
just food for thought for you that have not seen Carthage play. Dawg Starters are always pulled early in the 3rd quarter   
Coach Surratt will never run a score up on any team. 
Last game in district Liberty Eylau played PG within one score. The next week Carthage played Liberty Eylau in the first playoff game and Liberty had 33 total yards for the game when starters were pulled. Last week Van Alstyne had minus total yards when starters pulled 2 minutes in the 3rd quarter. 

On 11/20/2023 at 11:07 AM, Mballler#1 said:

Does no one remember how it took a wing and a prayer for Carthage to beat Glen Rose last year if that fumbled didn’t occur Carthage losses that game so yes PG has a really good chance to win this game.

4 turnovers is why it was not a blowout. 
You saw what happens if Carthage does not turn the ball over when they played Wimberley. 
PG can beat Carthage if they commit turnovers. Coach Surratt and Preston will have the Dawgs well prepared for PG.