#2 Silsbee vs #6 Bellville

BBfan061

20 hours ago, Who That said:

#1 for Silsbee will be the best player on the field. And I" believe everyone will agree on that..šŸ˜

For me, I have no doubt that Miller is outstanding and is worthy of all the hype that is given.Ā  The amount of DI offers is proof of the young man's skills.Ā  no shade whatsoever am I trying to put out

That said, the past two seasons when the opportunity to see him in person come along (as a fan of football ya want to see a great player do his thing) (as a Jasper fan just want to win the game)he didn't stand out as the best player on the fieldĀ  As a matter of fact,Ā  I think Jaspers #4Ā  was.

Last year, (again going by what I saw) Silsbee #11 impressed me more than #1.

Best of luck to our District mates.

11 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

For me, I have no doubt that Miller is outstanding and is worthy of all the hype that is given.Ā  The amount of DI offers is proof of the young man's skills.Ā  no shade whatsoever am I trying to put out

That said, the past two seasons when the opportunity to see him in person come along (as a fan of football ya want to see a great player do his thing) (as a Jasper fan just want to win the game)he didn't stand out as the best player on the fieldĀ  As a matter of fact,Ā  I think Jaspers #4Ā  was.

Last year, (again going by what I saw) Silsbee #11 impressed me more than #1.

Best of luck to our District mates.

Ask Jasper's coach why did he double and triple team him leaving #11 and #7 wide open. He went for close to 1400 yard receiving and 20 TDs each of the last 2 seasons. This season Cartwright has become the other big play WR. I believe both of them have over a 1000 yard receiving this season.Ā 

17 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Ask Jasper's coach why did he double and triple team him leaving #11 and #7 wide open. He went for close to 1400 yard receiving and 20 TDs each of the last 2 seasons. This season Cartwright has become the other big play WR. I believe both of them have over a 1000 yard receiving this season.Ā 

you make it seem like Jasper the only team to use more than 1 player to defend Miller. Knowing that not correct.

Again, going by what I personally saw to say Miller is the best player in a game when he walks on the field simply didn't show the past two seasons.

12 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

I miss the days of substance.

Exhausting at times.

I will be there in with wos pride on pulling for our brothers in our district. I live across the street from planet ford and can't wait to see the one. I have silsbee stopping Bellville 5 plays of offense. 28 17. Round 4 tigers and Bulldogs. Jasper will beat them chumps from gobbler town 31 28. GET TO THEM AND THROUGH THEM.Ā  That's what coach t would tell us right before we take the field. Go luck and I pray for injury frees games all across the country for all teams everywhere that's still in it and no bad referring. 112%

1 hour ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

you make it seem like Jasper the only team to use more than 1 player to defend Miller. Knowing that not correct.

Again, going by what I personally saw to say Miller is the best player in a game when he walks on the field simply didn't show the past two seasons.

I see you are doubling down on bulletin board material. šŸ˜

13 minutes ago, Bring back the 50 defense said:

I will be there in with wos pride on pulling for our brothers in our district. I live across the street from planet ford and can't wait to see the one. I have silsbee stopping Bellville 5 plays of offense. 28 17. Round 4 tigers and Bulldogs. Jasper will beat them chumps from gobbler town 31 28. GET TO THEM AND THROUGH THEM.Ā  That's what coach t would tell us right before we take the field. Go luck and I pray for injury frees games all across the country for all teams everywhere that's still in it and no bad referring. 112%

Sorry for the typos, I'm at work and didn't have time to really proof read it. Please forgive me.Ā 

26 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

wrong site to be a moderator then.

Possibly...

But what the heck, Ill provide some substance.

You are correct, mostly, on Miller not visually standing out EVERY PLAY of the game.

This is what makes him a great player and teammate.Ā  Also, why Silsbee is a balanced offensive team.

He will rarely catch 10+ receptions, have 200+ receiving yards, multiple TDs, etc.

His Junior year will probably be his best statistical year, for obvious reasons.Ā 

Its no coincidence that Silsbee had 3000+ YDs rushing AND 2800+ Passing YDs as a TEAM.

Biggest indicator of his ability to control & change the game is TDs. He makes the play when its in his hands to do so.

Silsbee Tigers scored 80+ TDs last year...Ā  Dre'Lon Miller had 30% of those TDs.

Execution of his ability is why he is the best player on the field and few people see the effectiveness because it is rarely accompanied by bright lights.

jmo

Silsbee Current Player Stats (Rough)

OFFENSE

Moshier, M. Ā Ā Ā  Ā 168-258 3087 Yds 65C% 34TDs 3 IntĀ 

Kibbles, T. Ā Ā Ā  Ā 198 Car 1299 Yds 17 Tds

Cartwright, A.Ā Ā  Ā 52 Rec Ā Ā  Ā 1031 Yds 14 Tds

Miller, D. Ā  Ā Ā  Ā 51 Rec Ā Ā  Ā 993 Ā Yds 11 Tds

Baltrip, R.Ā Ā  Ā 32 RecĀ Ā  Ā 573 Ā Yds 7 Ā Tds

DEFENSE

Lead Tacklers
Lorenzi, P.Ā Ā  Ā 95
White, G.Ā Ā  Ā 88
Hope, P.Ā Ā  Ā 80
Bottley, L.Ā Ā  Ā 76

Sacks (Team: 23)
White, G.Ā Ā  Ā 12
Lorenzi, P.Ā Ā  Ā  5

Interceptions (Team: 20)
Brown, J.Ā Ā  Ā 6
Baltrip, R.Ā Ā  Ā 5
Gaines, K.Ā Ā  Ā 4

41 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Possibly...

You are correct, mostly, on Miller not visually standing out EVERY PLAY of the game.

This is what makes him a great player and teammate.Ā  Also, why Silsbee is a balanced offensive team.

He will rarely catch 10+ receptions, have 200+ receiving yards, multiple TDs, etc.

His Junior year will probably be his best statistical year, for obvious reasons.Ā 

Its no coincidence that Silsbee had 3000+ YDs rushing AND 2800+ Passing YDs as a TEAM.

Biggest indicator of his ability to control & change the game is TDs. He makes the play when its in his hands to do so.

Silsbee Tigers scored 80+ TDs last year...Ā  Dre'Lon Miller had 30% of those TDs.

Execution of his ability is why he is the best player on the field and few people see the effectiveness because it is rarely accompanied by bright lights.

jmo

lol.Ā  great substance. thank you.

stay tuned for my breakdown of my post.(cause you obviously didn't get it)

On 11/17/2023 at 10:54 PM, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

There saying this PG team might be the best coming through. Some have picked them over carthage. We will see what happens friday night šŸ…šŸ…

When you see Carthage Front seven

The absolute best D line in all of 4A DI or DII. The Dawg linebackers are bigger than PG tackles.Ā 
PG plays 7 players both ways including the QB.Ā 
The Dawgs our big strong and dominant on both the O line and D line.Ā 
The Defense has held 8 of the 12 teams to minus rushing yards in the first half.Ā 
Let that sink in minus rushing yards in the first half. There are on two seniors on the defense.Ā 
PG is outstanding and will be the second best team behind Kilgore the Dawgs have faced.Ā 

7 minutes ago, Horton said:

When you see Carthage Front seven

The absolute best D line in all of 4A DI or DII. The Dawg linebackers are bigger than PG tackles.Ā 
PG plays 7 players both ways including the QB.Ā 
The Dawgs our big strong and dominant on both the O line and D line.Ā 
The Defense has held 8 of the 12 teams to minus rushing yards in the first half.Ā 
Let that sink in minus rushing yards in the first half. There are on two seniors on the defense.Ā 
PG is outstanding and will be the second best team behind Kilgore the Dawgs have faced.Ā 

My money would be on Carthage.Ā 

4 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

I saw Patrick Mahomes Jr at Whitehouse and didn't see what I see today. So there goes that theory.Ā 

2 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

Possibly...

jmo

Yep, he will not be the best player on the field this Friday. That will go to DJ Sanders from Bellville.Ā