#2 Silsbee vs #6 Bellville

BBfan061

I can see this one going kinda like 2016 when Silsbee played BC.  Silsbee couldn't stop BC's slot T attack, but BC couldn't stop Silsbee's more balanced attack, either.   Both teams hung about fifty and the game came down to a game-deciding field goal attempt as time expired.    

But it'll be a game where Silsbee just can't afford to commit penalties that keep drives alive for Bellville, and tSilsbee WILL get frustrated by the misdirection and cut blocks.  Silsbee DID a decent job of handling Vidor's slot T attack, and while it's not on Bellville's level of execution, they've seen it in action.  Bellville, however, hasn't faced an offense like Silsbee's, as far as I can tell, and there's nothing about practicing against a Slot T offense every day that will prepare a secondary like Bellville's for what's coming. 

The game will come down to penalties and coaching decisions down the stretch in my opinion... But I'm gonna say "Tigers" in this one.  

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I can see this one going kinda like 2016 when Silsbee played BC.  Silsbee couldn't stop BC's slot T attack, but BC couldn't stop Silsbee's more balanced attack, either.   Both teams hung about fifty and the game came down to a game-deciding field goal attempt as time expired.    

But it'll be a game where Silsbee just can't afford to commit penalties that keep drives alive for Bellville, and tSilsbee WILL get frustrated by the misdirection and cut blocks.  Silsbee DID a decent job of handling Vidor's slot T attack, and while it's not on Bellville's level of execution, they've seen it in action.  Bellville, however, hasn't faced an offense like Silsbee's, as far as I can tell, and there's nothing about practicing against a Slot T offense every day that will prepare a secondary like Bellville's for what's coming. 

The game will come down to penalties and coaching decisions down the stretch in my opinion... But I'm gonna say "Tigers" in this one.  

If it comes down to those things I feel like Bellville would have the edge. Bellville rarely commits penalties for what it’s worth. 

34 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

So, "Vidor Slot T" prepared Silsbee for Bellville? and all of the spread teams that Bellville shut out did not prepare Bellville? Would love for someone to find the evidence of Bellville defense not being prepared for anything. BV defense gave up a total of 62 points in 12 games.

Bellville offense averaging 56 pts/game. BV defense averaging 5 pts/game. 

FYI, "there is nothing about practicing the spread every week that will prepare Silsbee for what's coming".

10 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

So, "Vidor Slot T" prepared Silsbee for Bellville? and all of the spread teams that Bellville shut out did not prepare Bellville? Would love for someone to find the evidence of Bellville defense not being prepared for anything. BV defense gave up a total of 62 points in 12 games.

FYI, "there is nothing about practicing the spread every week that will prepare Silsbee for what's coming".

Its bellville man. They have a good record and a good team but they can be beat. Just like Silsbee can be beat. You make it sound like Bellville is IMG academy and Silsbee has no chance due to Bellville D1 talent across the whole team. 

10 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Its bellville man. They have a good record and a good team but they can be beat. Just like Silsbee can be beat. You make it sound like Bellville is IMG academy and Silsbee has no chance due to Bellville D1 talent across the whole team. 

Understood, just applying the same logic. I did not see anyone responding to the previous by saying: "you make it sound like Silsbee is IMG Academy".

No one has a problem with it as long as it is promoting Silsbee. 

1 minute ago, 89Falcon said:

Understood, just applying the same logic. I did not see anyone responding to the previous by saying: "you make it sound like Silsbee is IMG Academy".

No one has a problem with it as long as it is promoting Silsbee. 

My opinion is any team can be beat. I think its going to be a good close ball game. Im going for Silsbee Ofcourse. The reason people are going for Silsbee more than Bellville is because its Setxsports. I dont count Bellville in setx. So they are going to take the local school over a outsider in most cases  

5 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

My opinion is any team can be beat. I think its going to be a good close ball game. Im going for Silsbee Ofcourse. The reason people are going for Silsbee more than Bellville is because its Setxsports. I dont count Bellville in setx. So they are going to take the local school over a outsider in most cases  

I don't disagree. 

39 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Okay, Genius. Which of your practice squad running backs is gonna line up at wideout against your first team secondary to mimic Silsbee’s WRs? Who from the practice squad (or first team offense for that matter) is gonna be airing it out this week to prepare your corners?

Have you ever seen a turtle on its back? That’s what is going to happen to Bellville if Silsbee gets a single stop. 

52 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Silsbee runs out of the I just as much as they run 3-4 wide

23 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Okay, Genius. Which of your practice squad running backs is gonna line up at wideout against your first team secondary to mimic Silsbee’s WRs? Who from the practice squad (or first team offense for that matter) is gonna be airing it out this week to prepare your corners?

Have you ever seen a turtle on its back? That’s what is going to happen to Bellville if Silsbee gets a single stop. 

Which team scores more on offense and which team holds opponents to less on defense? It is not close. BV may have the best defense in the state. Not sure why you think Silsbee will not be stopped?

Also, not sure why you think Silsbee offense is better than BV? BV has scored more points by a great margin.

WOS kept Silsbee in check, WOS not capable of being on the same field with BV. 

1 minute ago, 89Falcon said:

Which team scores more on offense and which team holds opponents to less on defense? It is not close. BV may have the best defense in the state. Not sure why you think Silsbee will not be stopped?

Also, not sure why you think Silsbee offense is better than BV? BV has scored more points by a great margin.

WOS kept Silsbee in check, WOS not capable of being on the same field with BV. 

I would have made a large bet that if Cornel Thompson was coaching WOS last week they would have played 4 quarters with y'all, and I wouldn't have been surprised if they had won. I have a lot of faith in that man and the program he ran. Y’all ran into a shell of a program at its worst. 

41 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

What 3 practice squad guys will Silsbee put in to mimic the 3 1000 yard RBs that Bellville has? 

1 minute ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I would have made a large bet that if Cornel Thompson was coaching WOS last week they would have played 4 quarters with y'all, and I wouldn't have been surprised if they had won. I have a lot of faith in that man and the program he ran. Y’all ran into a shell of a program at its worst. 

I dont doubt that. However, the current WOS program went 4 QTRs with Silsbee this year. 

1 minute ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Silsbee ran into them as well… and it was a 20-6 final that was close throughout the game… yes I know it’s a “rivalry”