#2 Silsbee vs #6 Bellville

BBfan061

4 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Bellville is 12-0. The first game they’ve won against a team with a winning record was tonight. 

I made that point and a certain poster can’t get over it.  That said, I never said they weren’t good.  I just said it was hard to tell how good based on that schedule.  But the last two weeks have shown just how good they are.  It should be a great game.  Silsbee is a lot better than WOS or Madisonville, and they played a game already this year against the slot-T, albeit against a much lesser team.  Can’t wait to watch this one. 

If Silsbee can play disciplined football where they don’t commit 15 yard penalties, or turn the ball over, I think they win.

I’m not sure they can.    I’ll take Bellville by 4.

I think it’ll take Miller having an all purpose type performance like he did last year against WOS to win it.    He can definitely do it.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

I made that point and a certain poster can’t get over it.  That said, I never said they weren’t good.  I just said it was hard to tell how good based on that schedule.  But the last two weeks have shown just how good they are.  It should be a great game.  Silsbee is a lot better than WOS or Madisonville, and they played a game already this year against the slot-T, albeit against a much lesser team.  Can’t wait to watch this one. 

Silsbee was 14 points better than WOS…Bellville was 42 better than WOS.

If you think Silsbee will win this game based off the fact that Bellville runs the ball 96% of the time then you are mistaken… Silsbee has the offensive firepower to do what most teams can’t vs the Bellville defense… but can Silsbee protect the QB… can Silsbee have success running the ball vs the Bellville front 7… Jasper and Sealy both showed success running the ball against the Tigers. I think this will be a good game. I’d never pick against my Brahmas but this game is gonna be tough and we have to play well to get the W

Jasper beat Connelly almost by 40. Silsbee beat Jasper 21-20. Jasper IMO would hang or beat Bellville due to there ability to stop the run. Silsbee will have to force Bellville to 3rd and 5 or longer to win. Bellville will have their hands full chasing the best WR Group in all of 4A in Miller, Cartwright, and Baltrip. I dont think Bellville has played many teams who can throw the ball around like Silsbee. Silsbee also has a pretty darn good run game. 

Silsbee 34

Bellville 27