N Richland Hills Richland (48) vs Barbers Hill (47) - FINAL

jdawg03

2 hours ago, Justafan15 said:

Most definitely! I learned one that surely I already knew. BH punched them in the mouth I’m sure harder than anyone all year. But on the other hand, I definitely didn’t expect Richland to roll over and take the beating in the 2nd half , but I’d expected BH to play a lot better to hold onto the win. Accolades go to #1 for carrying his team on his back to fight back. BH has no idea how to keep a big lead. The onsides kick after the score after halftime gave them so much momentum and hope. 
I’m selling crashing #1 from both sides making someone else beat me. #51 taking out two players every play. Crash from the outside as QB rides that handoff. If he pulls it and runs, QB may or may not make a big play but 1 ain’t beating me play after play. I’ve liked this staff and it’s easy to question calls after the fact but damn, I know football pretty well and what you were doing wasn’t working, wth keep doing thinking you’re going to get a different result. 1 and 51 hands down best players on the field yet we let them take over the game. 

Im stacking the box with 4 down linemen and 9 in the box. Make Richland throw to beat you. They couldn’t do it. Richland QB couldn’t throw 30 yards. This is on the D coordinator without a doubt, with a close second being whoever calls the offense. Come out of a timeout and the best play you can come up with a two yard line is a drop back pass where both receivers run to the same spot? Lol, horrible call. Anyways, Eagles had a good year, but we are the new Crosby with second round curse.

16 hours ago, CCRed said:

You have to give credit to the Richland players and staff. They were down 34-7 in the 2nd quarter and did not give up. 

You are right. They did. After the half BH coasted, and Richland came out and played like maniacs. They threw the kitchen sink at BH and BH let it work. When momentum swings against you (and it will), you have to step up and reclaim it. BH needs to find the mental toughness and discipline to FINISH. This is fixable. 

13 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

180K/per year........ 

And why are you concerned? Do you pay any BHISD taxes? 180K might be lottery money to you but BHISD can easily handle it. Absek, our AD, is presiding over BH success in almost every sport. Volleyball went 5 rounds deep. Basketball looks good. Baseball and softball can contend for another State Championship. BH Football was the last team in our district standing, and Absek is building lots of depth in the lower grades. 180K well spent!

Better worry about PA. At least BH got a playoff win. Your coach has zero to show for whatever amount you paid him. LOL.   

19 hours ago, Justafan15 said:

The onsides kick after the score after halftime gave them so much momentum and hope. 
I’m selling crashing #1 from both sides making someone else beat me. #51 taking out two players every play. Crash from the outside as QB rides that handoff. If he pulls it and runs, QB may or may not make a big play but 1 ain’t beating me play after play. I’ve liked this staff and it’s easy to question calls after the fact but damn, I know football pretty well and what you were doing wasn’t working, wth keep doing thinking you’re going to get a different result.

Exactly! Well said! 

4 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Exactly! Well said! 

People who are saying stack the box, nope, it won’t work with what their OL was accomplishing every play. They had virtually no one blocking on outside. Sell out because at that point it didn’t matter, they getting their a__ kicked either way. I’m rushing from outside and hitting 1 in the mouth with or without the ball every single play. When Guzman went out, it hurt just due to his strength being missed. I don’t get it, does BH not have one coach that can adapt to what the other team is doing or do the other coaches that see it have to bow down to the DC call. WHAT YOU WERE DOING WASN’T WORKING! So frustrating to watch as I watch and want to armchair QB from the stands. Lol  

I understand it’s easy to say in a forum but I’m disappointed in the lack of making changes in the moment. They (Richland) were pretty much one dimensional. 
Another thing was the lack of discipline all season, and it cost BH in many key moments. You have a couple players that needed to be gotten control of because they were rest assured going to get a penalty. Coach Abseck yelling at the OL on the bench Friday made me wonder where that was all season. I’d loved to see him yell and bench one or two skill players due to their selfish acts involving their mouth and actions. But nope, it all depends on who you are, even if you hurt your team in the long run. There were many times all season that the referee just didn’t throw the flag and BH got away with the mouth and undisciplined play. The difference in going a few rounds deep and a championship team lies in this type of play. 

22 hours ago, J Millz said:

That's how! Hahahaha Never folded. Back to the drawing board. 👋🏾 BH

Yep, and I’m sure this gives Richland a lot of confidence after getting down by 25. They can say they never doubted they could come back but I’m certain it was more like play as hard as you can and see what happens. Between their defense making plays and BH handing it to them on a platter with so many 3 and outs and the onsides recovery that gave them momentum they really never lost. It was easy for anyone watching to get ahead of themselves. Lesson learned but we had already shown we know how to blow a lead. 
Hell we even had LaPorte 21-7 at one time and lost. Bh has a lot learn about holding a lead. Lesson learned! 

19 minutes ago, Justafan15 said:

. Bh has a lot learn about holding a lead. Lesson learned! 

I don't know, we will have to wait until next year to see if this has actually been learned or not. I had hoped after the LP and especially the Porter game that the lesson had been learned, but it wasn't. Sad thing is, if we had finished out Richland, then we get Forney, who we beat 21-7 last year.  

3 hours ago, Justafan15 said:

People who are saying stack the box, nope, it won’t work with what their OL was accomplishing every play. They had virtually no one blocking on outside. Sell out because at that point it didn’t matter, they getting their a__ kicked either way. I’m rushing from outside and hitting 1 in the mouth with or without the ball every single play. When Guzman went out, it hurt just due to his strength being missed. I don’t get it, does BH not have one coach that can adapt to what the other team is doing or do the other coaches that see it have to bow down to the DC call. WHAT YOU WERE DOING WASN’T WORKING! So frustrating to watch as I watch and want to armchair QB from the stands. Lol  

I understand it’s easy to say in a forum but I’m disappointed in the lack of making changes in the moment. They (Richland) were pretty much one dimensional. 
Another thing was the lack of discipline all season, and it cost BH in many key moments. You have a couple players that needed to be gotten control of because they were rest assured going to get a penalty. Coach Abseck yelling at the OL on the bench Friday made me wonder where that was all season. I’d loved to see him yell and bench one or two skill players due to their selfish acts involving their mouth and actions. But nope, it all depends on who you are, even if you hurt your team in the long run. There were many times all season that the referee just didn’t throw the flag and BH got away with the mouth and undisciplined play. The difference in going a few rounds deep and a championship team lies in this type of play. 

I’m stacking the box. I watched the same game. I’m slanting in on both sides and making them doing something else to beat me. By the time you rush from outside he’s 4 yards up field lol

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

I’m stacking the box. I watched the same game. I’m slanting in on both sides and making them doing something else to beat me. By the time you rush from outside he’s 4 yards up field lol

Nah! He rides that read long enough to sell out on hitting him by the one he hits the line of scrimmage. Even if he gains a few it’s better than what we saw. Btw we did stack the box several times with same result. I watched the same game too.. 🙄 

5 hours ago, Justafan15 said:

Nah! He rides that read long enough to sell out on hitting him by the one he hits the line of scrimmage. Even if he gains a few it’s better than what we saw. Btw we did stack the box several times with same result. I watched the same game too.. 🙄 

Lol, we never put 4 linemen down. I didn’t see us stack the box. BH players aren’t fast enough to run from an end position and tackle #1 in the backfield. And on top of that, we’ve watched home games together, tackling was subpar all year. Your telling me one guy is going run back there, wrap up and make a tackle every play?😂 Come on now

Boy, all the little league coaches are out in force on this thread. Do you guys not think they watched plenty of film and game planned for what Richland would do offensively? Do you not think the BH coaches built that game plan in such a way that if it was executed properly they believed they were in the best position to win? Varsity coaches rarely call a time out and tell their players to "crash every play" and "hit #1 in the mouth whether he has the ball or not". Those are things you say when you call a timeout during your 9:00 am game full of 4th graders on Saturday. The story of this game is the letdown after halftime and how momentum is a mother. It's hard to blow a huge lead like they did and be able to plug the holes in the boat in real time. The coaching staff did a excellent job all season and just got caught in the second half on Friday. Back to the drawing board for BH. 

2 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Boy, all the little league coaches are out in force on this thread. Do you guys not think they watched plenty of film and game planned for what Richland would do offensively? Do you not think the BH coaches built that game plan in such a way that if it was executed properly they believed they were in the best position to win? Varsity coaches rarely call a time out and tell their players to "crash every play" and "hit #1 in the mouth whether he has the ball or not". Those are things you say when you call a timeout during your 9:00 am game full of 4th graders on Saturday. The story of this game is the letdown after halftime and how momentum is a mother. It's hard to blow a huge lead like they did and be able to plug the holes in the boat in real time. The coaching staff did an excellent job all season and just got caught in the second half on Friday. Back to the drawing board for BH.

Thanks for the smartass reply. I know enough about football to know adjustments were not made to improve what was being done. You don’t stick to your pregame plan when it’s no longer working. It’s strategic, not rushing with no technique to attempt to stop an elite player. It’s not little league coaching to have a strategy to slow down the best player on the field, and I can tell you taking out an opposing teams best player by keying on him with or without the ball is nothing new. Yes, the letdown was the problem, but with no answer. So yes, back to the drawing board for the underclassmen left for for next season. This particular senior class has been exceptional every year and at all sports. Blowing that kind of lead should be criticized from anyone watching and I can guarantee the coaching staff will second guess many things they did in the 2nd half. So as a fan who has supported them for many years, I have an opinion.
I’ve have praised the coaching staff at BH from to middle school and up compared to other schools in our district. Unlike many school in our district. The kids leaned much about the game at the lower levels. But they’ll never advance any further than 2nd to 3rd round by not being able to finish off a good team why they are down. Just like in basketball, BH will continue to make the playoffs year and year out. With the money being paid at all three major boys sports, the expectations are higher to get deeper in the playoffs. I know Abseck has his sights on nothing less than a state championship in football. Criticism from any media or keyboard warriors (myself included) comes with the territory and is expected. 
I was one of the ones who jumped the gun criticizing Richland on how they were undefeated and now eating crow and reminded of a lesson I learned a long time ago. I shoulda known better. but my passion for the game got the best of me when BH was pouncing on such a good team. I quickly gained respect for namely the two best players on either team. #1 and #51 will be playing Saturdays somewhere and I’ll be a fan.
I’m glad I could add to the entertainment and critique on the forum.  I’m still in shock! 

1 hour ago, Justafan15 said:

Thanks for the smartass reply. I know enough about football to know adjustments were not made to improve what was being done. You don’t stick to your pregame plan when it’s no longer working. It’s strategic, not rushing with no technique to attempt to stop an elite player. It’s not little league coaching to have a strategy to slow down the best player on the field, and I can tell you taking out an opposing teams best player by keying on him with or without the ball is nothing new. Yes, the letdown was the problem, but with no answer. So yes, back to the drawing board for the underclassmen left for for next season. This particular senior class has been exceptional every year and at all sports. Blowing that kind of lead should be criticized from anyone watching and I can guarantee the coaching staff will second guess many things they did in the 2nd half. So as a fan who has supported them for many years, I have an opinion.
I’ve have praised the coaching staff at BH from to middle school and up compared to other schools in our district. Unlike many school in our district. The kids leaned much about the game at the lower levels. But they’ll never advance any further than 2nd to 3rd round by not being able to finish off a good team why they are down. Just like in basketball, BH will continue to make the playoffs year and year out. With the money being paid at all three major boys sports, the expectations are higher to get deeper in the playoffs. I know Abseck has his sights on nothing less than a state championship in football. Criticism from any media or keyboard warriors (myself included) comes with the territory and is expected. 
I was one of the ones who jumped the gun criticizing Richland on how they were undefeated and now eating crow and reminded of a lesson I learned a long time ago. I shoulda known better. but my passion for the game got the best of me when BH was pouncing on such a good team. I quickly gained respect for namely the two best players on either team. #1 and #51 will be playing Saturdays somewhere and I’ll be a fan.
I’m glad I could add to the entertainment and critique on the forum.  I’m still in shock! 

You are correct, it is not little league coaching to strategize to stop the opponents best weapons, but it is little league coaching to assume that strategy was not part of the game plan coming in. I assure you, the entire BH staff knew about the biggest weapons on the Richland team as of late Friday night of last week and were scheming to shut them down. That plan was in place and wasn't properly executed. Sometimes, the other team is just better than you. Do I believe Richland was the better team overall? No. Do I believe they were the much better team in the second half and executed their game plan to perfection? Yes. Blowing big leads in the second half is indicative of players who take their foot off of the gas and aren't up for the challenge of fighting back to the accelerator when they get punched in the mouth. Richland proved they have those types of kids, BH has proven several times this year that they don't. Abseck's biggest challenge in the offseason is trying to produce a little dog in his guys so they know to put their foot on the neck of a downed opponent and finish them off. This point was illustrated by highly criticized 2 pt conversion try in OT. It was the right call because Abseck knew what I knew while watching the game, if the XP was kicked, and Richland was given possession, they would've scored and punched in the 2 for the win. BH's only shot of winning that game was to put it in a position where Richland couldn't control the ultimate outcome of OT.