N Richland Hills Richland (48) vs Barbers Hill (47) - FINAL

jdawg03

2 hours ago, 2wedge said:

You are correct, it is not little league coaching to strategize to stop the opponents best weapons, but it is little league coaching to assume that strategy was not part of the game plan coming in. I assure you, the entire BH staff knew about the biggest weapons on the Richland team as of late Friday night of last week and were scheming to shut them down. That plan was in place and wasn't properly executed. Sometimes, the other team is just better than you. Do I believe Richland was the better team overall? No. Do I believe they were the much better team in the second half and executed their game plan to perfection? Yes. Blowing big leads in the second half is indicative of players who take their foot off of the gas and aren't up for the challenge of fighting back to the accelerator when they get punched in the mouth. Richland proved they have those types of kids, BH has proven several times this year that they don't. Abseck's biggest challenge in the offseason is trying to produce a little dog in his guys so they know to put their foot on the neck of a downed opponent and finish them off. This point was illustrated by highly criticized 2 pt conversion try in OT. It was the right call because Abseck knew what I knew while watching the game, if the XP was kicked, and Richland was given possession, they would've scored and punched in the 2 for the win. BH's only shot of winning that game was to put it in a position where Richland couldn't control the ultimate outcome of OT. 

I never really disagreed with the going for 2. I was feeling the same way about Richland’s chances in OT. It could be considered a gamble either way you look at it. If he’d made and somehow BH escaped with a win, he’d been a genius to many. I hope they learn something from this season about keeping leads because it’s 1st and 2nd round knockouts everybody year. I hope Tripp can stay healthy all next season. We could have used him along the way. 

11 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Boy, all the little league coaches are out in force on this thread. Do you guys not think they watched plenty of film and game planned for what Richland would do offensively? Do you not think the BH coaches built that game plan in such a way that if it was executed properly they believed they were in the best position to win? Varsity coaches rarely call a time out and tell their players to "crash every play" and "hit #1 in the mouth whether he has the ball or not". Those are things you say when you call a timeout during your 9:00 am game full of 4th graders on Saturday. The story of this game is the letdown after halftime and how momentum is a mother. It's hard to blow a huge lead like they did and be able to plug the holes in the boat in real time. The coaching staff did an excellent job all season and just got caught in the second half on Friday. Back to the drawing board for BH.L

11 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Boy, all the little league coaches are out in force on this thread. Do you guys not think they watched plenty of film and game planned for what Richland would do offensively? Do you not think the BH coaches built that game plan in such a way that if it was executed properly they believed they were in the best position to win? Varsity coaches rarely call a time out and tell their players to "crash every play" and "hit #1 in the mouth whether he has the ball or not". Those are things you say when you call a timeout during your 9:00 am game full of 4th graders on Saturday. The story of this game is the letdown after halftime and how momentum is a mother. It's hard to blow a huge lead like they did and be able to plug the holes in the boat in real time. The coaching staff did a excellent job all season and just got caught in the second half on Friday. Back to the drawing board for BH. 

lol, little league coaches. Classic. Your telling us that no coach ever goes away from his original game plan in the middle of games? Yep, this the BH DC.😂

On 11/19/2023 at 5:38 AM, Separation Scientist said:

And why are you concerned? Do you pay any BHISD taxes? 180K might be lottery money to you but BHISD can easily handle it. Absek, our AD, is presiding over BH success in almost every sport. Volleyball went 5 rounds deep. Basketball looks good. Baseball and softball can contend for another State Championship. BH Football was the last team in our district standing, and Absek is building lots of depth in the lower grades. 180K well spent!

Better worry about PA. At least BH got a playoff win. Your coach has zero to show for whatever amount you paid him. LOL.   

He inherited all those sports going deep. He was supposed to step up the FB program. Good luck next year. 

1 hour ago, show me the money said:

He inherited all those sports going deep. He was supposed to step up the FB program. Good luck next year. 

Some said BH's previous AD was not going deep, but now this AD supposedly inherited deep runs? Most sports are about the same IMO. 

Its time to turn the page on 2023 FB because FB is over for now and next year will come. 2024 will give some real clarity on the programs trajectory.