Let’s talk about LCM

Billyjohn

LCM should be in the running for DC next year, but Lumberton will be lurking, Huffman had a young team this year, and Livingston is due. Vidor is capable of putting together a contender. 
All said should be a more competitive district race next year. HJ and Liberty will be needing to justify their decision to compete up. 

53 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

I think they could've beat Athens certainly.

Athens loses to CH by 17. Lcm loses to CH by 28. LCM loses to Lumberton by 21. Athens loses to Lumberton by 26 but also put up 7 more points than LCM did.  I'm not sure you can say "certainly"  as far as this year goes. I'm sure it would've been a close game but after watching both teams play this year I would've taken Athens over LCM.  But yeah you are right we could play the could've, would've, should've game all day. 

16 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Being more competitive. Playing better football. Telling your kids “Yeah, I played for WOS when I was your age” instead of “It’s a long story, but I ended up at LSM”.

I could go on and on. 

I don't see any data to back up your statements there. Wins losses stats whatever lol  They aren't more competitive with the new coach? I see what you're saying compared to what they used to be..

4 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

I don't see any data to back up your statements there. Wins losses stats whatever lol  They aren't more competitive with the new coach? I see what you're saying compared to what they used to be..

It's like saying "I served in the Marine Corps infantry on the front lines during the war." instead of saying "I served in the Coast Guard out of Galveston." I don't need to provide data for you to get the picture...

14 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

It's like saying "I served in the Marine Corps infantry on the front lines during the war." instead of saying "I served in the Coast Guard out of Galveston." I don't need to provide data for you to get the picture...

"I played for west orange" in 2021 or 2022 stands in a different line you speak of. Does it not? Maybe I missed something.

15 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

I can't make this any more simple. WOS is not the same.

Doesn’t matter. Neither are the Dallas Cowboys, but they’re still America’s Team and the most valuable NFL Franchise for the last 16 years. Haven’t won a Super Bowl since 1995. LSM is more like the Jacksonville Jaguars. 

5 hours ago, Gasilla said:

2023-

WOS 33

LCM 6

As bad as we are... still better than LCM.

Yes I agree. BUT lcm has had a better record, though against  "worse" teams...

Simply put.....it could be said Lcm has been a better program overall winning more games than WOS for the first times ever..... it has been the past 2-3 years. But that doesn't erase history. I do agree.

Also for the first time in history WOS could be trouble of losing quality athletes to LCM  if they don't turn it around quickly...

4 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Exactly. That’s why they’re WOS’s little sister. 

Coming from a lumberton fan, I do agree but

You'll have to win  more games to  be relevant to enter this conversation... 8-26 all time ain't cutting it calling anyone little sister anything. You're like the puppy waiting at the door woth his leash in his mouth.  WOS is the Rottweilers,  lcm are the big sheepdogs and lumberton are the lil chihuahuas barking trying to get attention...... 🤣🤣