Sealy (22) @ Silsbee (35) - FINAL

jdawg03

Curious to know Sealy was able to blast people in the back and seemed to show a lot more physical aggression than Silsbee did but yet it seems Silsbee always sticks out about being undisciplined I know they can have their moments but the announcer on Texan live stated numerous times that sealy got away with a lot of extra actions he said some players were leading with the helmets hitting players I mean that would upset me too it really got out of hands at the end I guess teams really really hate to lose to Silsbee.

5 minutes ago, Mballler#1 said:

Curious to know Sealy was able to blast people in the back and seemed to show a lot more physical aggression than Silsbee did but yet it seems Silsbee always sticks out about being undisciplined I know they can have their moments but the announcer on Texan live stated numerous times that sealy got away with a lot of extra actions he said some players were leading with the helmets hitting players I mean that would upset me too it really got out of hands at the end I guess teams really really hate to lose to Silsbee.

First and foremost, the officials let too much go - on both sides. Secondly, the TexanLive guys last night are Silsbee guys - don't you think they're going to point out Sealy's faults over Silsbee's faults? Both teams had their moments of unsportsmanlike instances. The difference is that Sealy is done for the year now. Silsbee has hopefully just begun, and they better get themselves under control, or it could cost them. The choice: make excuses all you want and suffer the consequences or clean up your game and play like a disciplined team. The second choice will get you a lot further...

2 minutes ago, Mballler#1 said:

Sealy vs Bellville is a huge rivalry… with that said there were 0 issues with any extra curriculars when they played this year. I’ve seen other fans of teams complain about playing Silsbee and stuff going on after the play and jawing and what not. I have 0 problems with trash talking between teams FYI but maybe just maybe the other teams aren’t the issue?? Regardless way to grind out the win Silsbee.

IMO, some Silsbee players talk too much. But, from what I have seen the last few games it seems it's part of the other teams game plan to get Silsbee to talk too much.

Bottom line, Silsbee is good enough to let their play talk for itself and this other stuff is completely unnecessary.

I get having your teammates back but do it smartly. The rep has been established and the opponent will try to exploit it to their advantage.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

IMO, some Silsbee players talk too much. But, from what I have seen the last few games it seems it's part of the other teams game plan to get Silsbee to talk too much.

Bottom line, Silsbee is good enough to let their play talk for itself and this other stuff is completely unnecessary.

I get having your teammates back but do it smartly. The rep has been established and the opponent will try to exploit it to their advantage.

Exactly. 

14 minutes ago, Mballler#1 said:

You might be right about last night, but every week it’s somebody new mixing it up with Silsbee. And it’s not just this year… it happens year after year. 

I totally understand but the extra hits and no penalties for except for the blatant hit sealy had late in the game that they did call all I’m saying is I don’t think Silsbee goes into these games looking to cause these issues every game but I guess Silsbee has that reputation so teams will try to bait the in also I’m not saying Silsbee is Squeaky clean by no means but is it a coaching issue that the coaches can’t get a handle on during the heat of battle Silsbee and Jasper had the most awesome game last weekend with no issues at all how can these discipline issues get fixed or can they be fixed.

12 minutes ago, Mballler#1 said:

I totally understand but the extra hits and no penalties for except for the blatant hit sealy had late in the game that they did call all I’m saying is I don’t think Silsbee goes into these games looking to cause these issues every game but I guess Silsbee has that reputation so teams will try to bait the in also I’m not saying Silsbee is Squeaky clean by no means but is it a coaching issue that the coaches can’t get a handle on during the heat of battle Silsbee and Jasper had the most awesome game last weekend with no issues at all how can these discipline issues get fixed or can they be fixed.

Bench a guy if he can’t control himself. Just for a quarter even. See if his attitude changes. 

34 minutes ago, Mballler#1 said:

Silsbee players and coaches need to understand that there's already a target on your back because you're projected to make a deep run in the playoffs....anything your opponent can do to beat you,they will do...trash talking,late hits are to their advantage,,,,these teams have nothing to lose because they'll be underdogs against Silsbee anyway,,,knocking you off is all that's on their minds...any way possible...

Trash talk is bad enough and one thing but late hits that you will never know it it is intentional to really hurt someone or a frustration late hit is totally different it’s really hard to hold your emotions back if it happens once keep playing harder if it keeps happening the refs need to really control things much better discipline is a major part of trying to win a championship it’s almost like you are being bullied and can’t do anything about it but regardless it seems to follow Silsbee and really gives them a bad Reputation Basketball too their should have been a lot more penalty flags thrown and maybe someone getting tossed out of the game that will get a lot of things under control quick and hopefully teach these teams a lesson.

14 minutes ago, Mballler#1 said:

Tigers have to know that a very well coached teal will try these tactics teams that don’t normally step out of that box o guess this is why it seems like Silsbee is always getting into it with everyone good luck To all of our local teams.

We can make excuses for them all day long but at the end of the day they are just as bad as every other team about late hits and trash talk. Obviously Silsbee is a greatly coached team but clearly the coaches don’t enforce any type of discipline. That has shown all season. 

and you were 100% right about the refs having to control the game. I think that’s why it got so bad towards the later part of the game. In the first half the refs weren’t calling anything and it eventually started to partially blow up. 

27 minutes ago, Mballler#1 said:

Trash talk is bad enough and one thing but late hits that you will never know it it is intentional to really hurt someone or a frustration late hit is totally different it’s really hard to hold your emotions back if it happens once keep playing harder if it keeps happening the refs need to really control things much better discipline is a major part of trying to win a championship it’s almost like you are being bullied and can’t do anything about it but regardless it seems to follow Silsbee and really gives them a bad Reputation Basketball too their should have been a lot more penalty flags thrown and maybe someone getting tossed out of the game that will get a lot of things under control quick and hopefully teach these teams a lesson.

Are we talking about the kid from bc a couple of weeks ago? 

Seriously, though… it’s the Silsbee parents fighting each other in the stands, Silsbee players going after each other in their loss to Cuero last year. 

“These boys are like family… they’ve lost teammates … they’re protective of each other… other teams pick on them because they’re so good… the other team did it first… are you sure the other team wasn’t using slurs? The kid hurt himself flying over the bench…. It was a freak accident.”

These are just the excuses I’ve heard from Silsbee fans on these boards this year.  

It’s nothing new, and it’s one of the big reasons…. Scratch that, the biggest reason doesn’t have any football hardware in the trophy case. You can get away with it in basketball, but the penalties in football are just too harsh to overcome. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Are we talking about the kid from bc a couple of weeks ago? 

Seriously, though… it’s the Silsbee parents fighting each other in the stands, Silsbee players going after each other in their loss to Cuero last year. 

“These boys are like family… they’ve lost teammates … they’re protective of each other… other teams pick on them because they’re so good… the other team did it first… are you sure the other team wasn’t using slurs? The kid hurt himself flying over the bench…. It was a freak accident.”

These are just the excuses I’ve heard from Silsbee fans on these boards this year.  

It’s nothing new, and it’s one of the big reasons…. Scratch that, the biggest reason doesn’t have any football hardware in the trophy case. You can get away with it in basketball, but the penalties in football are just too harsh to overcome. 

Ok we get it Silsbee is bad now move on to next week Geeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz