ALCS- Lone Star Series

1 minute ago, wo-s#1 said:

You’re right I did but the point is it could go either way imo,

True, it can always go either way. Bullets was talking about Scherzer being rusty and I simply reminded him of a loss when healthy. Astros have played better away than at home, so hopefully that holds true here. 

2 hours ago, baddog said:

He lost last time vs. the Astros. 

so did Eovaldi.  Didn't matter last night.  and Verlander and Valdez both beat the rangers last time, but they're a combined 0-2 in the series.  My point being, you have no point.  It's also debatable that Scherzer was healthy at that point.  He made one more abbreviated start after that and then went on the DL.  He had some lingering issues already. The real issue is that Scherzer hasn't seen game action in over a month.  Everything else means nothing, although I can't blame astros fans who are grasping for anything right now.  For what it's worth, Scherzer went 4 innings and 68 pitches in a simulated game last week.  He threw well enough that the rangers are going to start him, and he's had another week to get healthy.  Hopefully he's dealing, and hopefully Javier is missing the strike zone as much as he did against Minnesota last week.  If he gives up 5 walks in 5 innings against the rangers he'll be punished for it, although just like Scherzer's last outing against the stros, it doesn't really mean much until we see how he's pitching tomorrow night.

55 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

so did Eovaldi.  Didn't matter last night.  and Verlander and Valdez both beat the rangers last time, but they're a combined 0-2 in the series.  My point being, you have no point.  It's also debatable that Scherzer was healthy at that point.  He made one more abbreviated start after that and then went on the DL.  He had some lingering issues already. The real issue is that Scherzer hasn't seen game action in over a month.  Everything else means nothing, although I can't blame astros fans who are grasping for anything right now.  For what it's worth, Scherzer went 4 innings and 68 pitches in a simulated game last week.  He threw well enough that the rangers are going to start him, and he's had another week to get healthy.  Hopefully he's dealing, and hopefully Javier is missing the strike zone as much as he did against Minnesota last week.  If he gives up 5 walks in 5 innings against the rangers he'll be punished for it, although just like Scherzer's last outing against the stros, it doesn't really mean much until we see how he's pitching tomorrow night.

Wow, wasn’t expecting to get grilled. Just trying to converse with the enemy. Good luck the rest of the way Bullets. 

I’m always conflicted with these two. I grew up near the metroplex but I’ve now spent more than half of my life down here.  When they were in opposite leagues it was easy.  And I’ve always rooted for Houston as well.  But after the Rangers have taken on Creed as their hype song, I just can’t in good conscience support such a mediocre at best attempt to join that craze.  Go ‘Stros!