ALCS- Lone Star Series

2 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

The Astros are a seasoned team with players who know how to win. Altuve, Alvarez, Bregman, Tucker, and who I think is the Astros not so secret weapon Maricio Dubon, I call him the magic man because he makes things happen. The Rangers cannot match these players in a dire situation just like yesterday. Cooler heads will prevail. Garcia was just waiting to start trouble. He didn’t need to poke the bear; The Astros will win one game is all they need.

Garcia should take notes from Altuve on how to play the game with class!!

16 hours ago, baddog said:

Astros' Bryan Abreu suspended 2 games for plunking Adolis Garcia after home run

This is the hidden content, please

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at

This is the hidden content, please

A total bs call.  The umpires need to know the game situation before they decide to throw someone out.  If an Astro gets hit today, the pitcher better get thrown out.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Altuve doesn’t get plunked in his first AB.  Then he can go to first and show Garcia how the game is played.

1 hour ago, ladybug33 said:

They suspended Brian Abreu and not Garcia who had that bat in his hand. He looked like he was ready to go all out walking tall on Maldo the back catcher. Smh! Anyway Let's Go Stros!

Garcia should have gotten a suspension as well.  If he takes his base, instead of acting like a punk, nothing happens.  The ball hit his elbow pad, shouldn’t have been an issue.  He’s just a big kitty(😏)!

Hard to win when you struggle hitting with men on base. Poor at bats with bases loaded by Dubon and the pinch hitter Singletary

I question Baker on starting Valdez who has been miserable his last 3 starts and if I was GM Montero and Stanek would be gone as soon as off season begins. Those 2 have been bad all season

Tucker and Peña have had an awful series at the plate

I thought it might go 7 games

7 hours ago, spidersal said:

Hard to win when you struggle hitting with men on base. Poor at bats with bases loaded by Dubon and the pinch hitter Singletary

I question Baker on starting Valdez who has been miserable his last 3 starts and if I was GM Montero and Stanek would be gone as soon as off season begins. Those 2 have been bad all season

Tucker and Peña have had an awful series at the plate

I thought it might go 7 games

When you have three guaranteed outs in a lineup, it makes it hard to win.  There’s not a soft spot in the Rangers order.  Peña, Maldonado, and Tucker are awful.  I would start McCormick over Tucker.  Tucker’s lack of hustle in the outfield and his inability to hit is a problem.  Hopefully, they can pull it off tonight!

11 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

I don't have a good feeling about game 7.  Just don't think Scherzer can go deep enough in the game to give the RANGERS a chance.  Going to have to score a lot to get the W.  Go RANGERS!!!

I feel the same way.  Would rather let Dunning get the start.  although if he can get through 3 or 4 innings without giving up much then dunning can take over.

On 10/21/2023 at 2:42 PM, BS Wildcats said:

Garcia should take notes from Altuve on how to play the game with class!!

these types of comments kinda crack me up, and I've seen a lot of them.  Garcia pimped the biggest homerun of his life, Altuve was complicit in one of the bigger cheating scandals in the history of baseball.  I guess it's all relative to who you root for.  I didn't like Garcia's antics, but come on.  Altuve does play the game hard, and he's clutch, and seems like a genuinely good guy, but that said, there was nothing classy about what went on in 2017-2018.

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

these types of comments kinda crack me up, and I've seen a lot of them.  Garcia pimped the biggest homerun of his life, Altuve was complicit in one of the bigger cheating scandals in the history of baseball.  I guess it's all relative to who you root for.  I didn't like Garcia's antics, but come on.  Altuve does play the game hard, and he's clutch, and seems like a genuinely good guy, but that said, there was nothing classy about what went on in 2017-2018.

2017, it’s time to get over it!   They’ve been to six straight ALCS’s since.  I guess you are one of those that can’t move on.  And it’s been proven the Astros weren’t the only ones!