ALCS- Lone Star Series

16 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

Rangers are giving me team-of-destiny vibes like the Nationals in 2019 (no Astros postseason loss will ever be as painful as that one)

Same thing I said a few weeks ago..they have been the hottest at the right time!Of course most people don’t want to hear it but it’s looked just like the Nationals of 2019

What a rollercoaster season.  Get out to a huge lead, then literally every all star on the roster (and there were a bunch of them) gets hurt.  Blow the huge lead, losing something crazy like 16 of 20 or something, to the point where they’re almost out of the playoff picture.  Get hot, somehow build an almost an insurmountable lead going into the last series of the season, and blow that two.  Then get hot, but blow a 2-0 lead to go down 3-2 to the stros, only to take two in houston and advance to a World Series in a year where 80 wins would’ve been a nice improvement.  This team has given me heartburn, but I’m loving every minute of it! 

6 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

What a rollercoaster season.  Get out to a huge lead, then literally every all star on the roster (and there were a bunch of them) gets hurt.  Blow the huge lead, losing something crazy like 16 of 20 or something, to the point where they’re almost out of the playoff picture.  Get hot, somehow build an almost an insurmountable lead going into the last series of the season, and blow that two.  Then get hot, but blow a 2-0 lead to go down 3-2 to the stros, only to take two in houston and advance to a World Series in a year where 80 wins would’ve been a nice improvement.  This team has given me heartburn, but I’m loving every minute of it! 

And only had to spend like $800 million to get to this point! (I’m mostly joking, still a little sour. Astros are going to have to open up the checkbook big time in the off-season to keep this run going)

30 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

And only had to spend like $800 million to get to this point! (I’m mostly joking, still a little sour. Astros are going to have to open up the checkbook big time in the off-season to keep this run going)

Yeah, they are.  Not much in the farm system.  I still think there’s a good chance we run it back next year.  The year after will be interesting for y’all 

1 hour ago, BEARCPA said:

45 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Yeah, they are.  Not much in the farm system.  I still think there’s a good chance we run it back next year.  The year after will be interesting for y’all 

I think both AL fanbases better enjoy the current success cause the Orioles are about to be REALLY good IMO. 

7 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Yeah we haven't really seen how Crane operates with a lot of holes to fill - I'm hoping he doesn't cheap out. Nothing worse than an owner that pinches pennies. Y'all got a good one for sure, going from 100+ losses to an AL pennant in 2 years because he wanted to win and wasn't afraid to spend. 

8 hours ago, bullets13 said:

😉

lol, you were hoping to do that, can't blame you.

It would have been a mistake to count either team out, but even though I'm an Astros fan, the team with the best chance at winning the WS moved on.

Astros have a rally killing dead spot in the lineup that needs to be fixed, the Rangers don't.

5 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

lol, you were hoping to do that, can't blame you.

It would have been a mistake to count either team out, but even though I'm an Astros fan, the team with the best chance at winning the WS moved on.

Astros have a rally killing dead spot in the lineup that needs to be fixed, the Rangers don't.

If the rangers can get a couple arms for the bullpen there's a really good chance we run this series back next year.  I'm hoping so.  This was as exciting of a series as I can remember in my lifetime, and I felt that way BEFORE we put it away last night.