ALCS- Lone Star Series

10 hours ago, baddog said:

It appears my point was a valid one. Let’s go road warriors!

we'll just have to disagree on this one.  not pitching live game for over a month was much bigger than him having a bad outing against them back in september.  The rangers did the same thing with Eovaldi at the end of the season, throwing him into the fire straight off injury, and he sucked for about 5 starts.  Cost them the division, to be honest.  He's just now starting to pitch good again.  The rangers can't afford to do the same thing with Scherzer.  I get why they did it, let the experienced ace try and shut them down, but he's obviously not all the way back yet. Let Dunning take his spot in the rotation, he's been good all year.  Heaney goes tonight against the stros, and he's done fairly well against them this season, so we'll see.  

57 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

we'll just have to disagree on this one.  not pitching live game for over a month was much bigger than him having a bad outing against them back in september.  The rangers did the same thing with Eovaldi at the end of the season, throwing him into the fire straight off injury, and he sucked for about 5 starts.  Cost them the division, to be honest.  He's just now starting to pitch good again.  The rangers can't afford to do the same thing with Scherzer.  I get why they did it, let the experienced ace try and shut them down, but he's obviously not all the way back yet. Let Dunning take his spot in the rotation, he's been good all year.  Heaney goes tonight against the stros, and he's done fairly well against them this season, so we'll see.  

Agree,Scherzer was gonna be a toss up to what he could really do.I didn’t see the entire game but highlights I seen he never looked comfortable…I feel like it’s a must win tonight even though it’s really not 

54 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

It’s the life of a pitcher. Sometimes your stuff is great, sometimes not. Was he rusty, probably, but what could be better from the opponent’s view? Astros bats were clicking…. And that’s always going to be the argument.

Scherzer’s stuff looked good to me and he was getting some calls off the plate….a pitcher’s dream. As long as it’s called both ways, I love calls like that. Go Astros

7 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

Agree,Scherzer was gonna be a toss up to what he could really do.I didn’t see the entire game but highlights I seen he never looked comfortable…I feel like it’s a must win tonight even though it’s really not 

IMO if the rangers win tonight, they're 80-85% favorites to win the series.  If the stros win tonight, I'd put the stros at 65% to win it.  So while it's not a must win, it's obviously a massive game.  Balance of the series can be shifted completely back into the stros favor tonight, although the rangers won't roll over and die if that happens.

12 hours ago, bullets13 said:

IMO if the rangers win tonight, they're 80-85% favorites to win the series.  If the stros win tonight, I'd put the stros at 65% to win it.  So while it's not a must win, it's obviously a massive game.  Balance of the series can be shifted completely back into the stros favor tonight, although the rangers won't roll over and die if that happens.

Now that it’s over,like I said it was a must win…feel like backs are against the wall at this point,back to Montgomery and Verlander tonight so it should be a good one!