Beaumont West Brook (0) @ Humble Atascocita (71) - FINAL

jdawg03

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Not taking anything away from Stump-a-slump but he would still get beat by NS routinely. NS to Stump is like LP to Port Arthur Memorial way back when.... (IYKYK)

Statements like this lets me know guys like you don’t know nothing about football. Stump is an elite coach especially on the offensive side! Coached against him many times, offensive scheme is one of the best in the state. Has he won a state title? No, but the comments I see you guys make about him on here is laughable honestly. The guy has won at a high level consistently everywhere he’s been. Keep in mind he beat NS in 16 & 17, just beat Katy a few weeks ago & has been to a state semifinals. Also Last 3 or 4 years he’s made it to the regional finals, not sure how a guy with the resume of stump’s is classified as someone who can’t coach smh

1 hour ago, Yeoj said:

Yeah he's not all that. He only wins when his team is clearly better than their opponents. 

Not sure if you noticed but that’s typically how HSFB works, the more talented team usually wins 9/10 times. Football is all about jimmy’s and joes. Hence why NS & DV has dominated 6A the past few years.

3 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Statements like this lets me know guys like you don’t know about football. Stump is an elite coach especially on the offensive side! Coached against him many times, offensive scheme is one of the best in the state. Has he won a state title? No, but the comments I see you guys make about him on here is laughable honestly. The guy has won at a high level consistently everywhere he’s been. Keep in mind he beat NS in 16 & 17 and just beat Katy a few weeks ago & been to a state semifinals. Also Last 3 or 4 years he’s made it to the regional finals, not sure how a guy with the resume of stump’s is classified as someone who can’t coach smh

With all due disrespect Justin: stfu. Don't get this thread locked because of your dumbass inability to read posts for what they are, you read into things a bit much. Imma leave it at that. On to Friday, we got Crosby. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

With all due disrespect Justin: stfu. Don't get this thread locked because of your dumbass inability to read posts for what they are, you read into things a bit much. Imma leave it at that. On to Friday, we got Crosby. 

It’s ok I know you don’t know what qualifies someone as a good coach. No worries lol

BTW I’ve watched Stump get disrespected for years on here by you & others simply because he left for greener pastures. From the looks of it he made the right move & saw the writing on the wall with BISD!

4 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Not sure if you noticed but that’s typically how HSFB works, the more talented team usually wins 9/10 times. Football is all about jimmy’s and joes. Hence why NS & DV has dominated 6A the past few years.

You have a point, but Stump has loss games where his team was equal or was only slightly better than their opponent. Look at all those loaded WB teams he coached and couldn't make it pass the 3rd round. All those years at WB with the bulk of the Beaumont talent and he won district once and never made it out of the region.

8 hours ago, Yeoj said:

Yeah he's not all that. He only wins when his team is clearly better than their opponents. 

Most coaches do.   Most of the time it’s about the athletes.

I think Stump is a good coach and runs a good program.   Are there better coaches out there?   Probably, but be careful when you want a good coach to leave.    His replacement may not be better.

Stump did beat Katy this year, and is on the verge of beating North Shore.

4 hours ago, Yeoj said:

You have a point, but Stump has loss games where his team was equal or was only slightly better than their opponent. Look at all those loaded WB teams he coached and couldn't make it pass the 3rd round. All those years at WB with the bulk of the Beaumont talent and he won district once and never made it out of the region.

Bro no team he lost to when he was at WB he had more talent than the opposing team (maybe a couple games where the talent was equal but that’s apart of coaching) I’ll just go back to when he took over:

2005: 8-2 only losses were to Westfield & Katy who both are far more superior in every aspect of football. (Keep in mind he took over a team that went 2-8 the prior season)

2006: 9-4 losses to Westfield, Humble, Channelview & loss in the 3rd round to Cy Falls. Cy Falls played for a state title that year FYI.

2007: 10-2 only losses Westfield 33-24 & Fort Bend Clements 36-33 mind Clements had a Pro in Derek Carr playing QB

2008: 8-2 only losses NS & Dickinson

2009: 9-4 only losses to Westfield, IKE, Katy & Cinco Ranch 

2010: 8-4 only losses to Katy, NS, La Porte & Pearland 

2011: 6-5 only losses to Katy, NS, PA La Porte & Deer Park 

Stump went 58-23 during his 7 year tenure at WB thats winning over 72% of his games coaching in a school district that lacked (and still does) the infrastructure to have a successful football program. 

Now he’s at Atascocita & has turned them into a juggernaut & he’s probably going to be a HOF before it’s all said & done. Again idk where the narrative on here come from that Stump is just an “ok” coach but his resume says otherwise. He’s literally done everything as a head coach except win a state title.

I may not be old enough to make this next statement but stump is probably the best football coach to come through Beaumont in my lifetime.

42 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Bro no team he lost to when he was at WB he had more talent than the opposing team (maybe a couple games where the talent was equal but that’s apart of coaching) I’ll just go back to when he took over:

2005: 8-2 only losses were to Westfield & Katy who both are far more superior in every aspect of football. (Keep in mind he took over a team that went 2-8 the prior season)

2006: 9-4 losses to Westfield, Humble, Channelview & loss in the 3rd round to Cy Falls. Cy Falls played for a state title that year FYI.

2007: 10-2 only losses Westfield 33-24 & Fort Bend Clements 36-33 mind Clements had a Pro in Derek Carr playing QB

2008: 8-2 only losses NS & Dickinson

2009: 9-4 only losses to Westfield, IKE, Katy & Cinco Ranch 

2010: 8-4 only losses to Katy, NS, La Porte & Pearland 

2011: 6-5 only losses to Katy, NS, PA La Porte & Deer Park 

Stump went 58-23 during his 7 year tenure at WB thats winning over 72% of his games coaching in a school district that lacked (and still does) the infrastructure to have a successful football program. 

Now he’s at Atascocita & has turned them into a juggernaut & he’s probably going to be a HOF before it’s all said & done. Again idk where the narrative on here come from that Stump is just an “ok” coach but his resume says otherwise. He’s literally done everything as a head coach except win a state title.

I may not be old enough to make this next statement but stump is probably the best football coach to come through Beaumont in my lifetime.

I always thought Craig Stump was and is an excellent coach.

Won't get any argument from me on this issue.

Cita will give North Shore all they can handle.

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I always thought Craig Stump was and is an excellent coach.

Won't get any argument from me on this issue.

Cita will give North Shore all they can handle.

Doubt it, they’re terrible on defense and are too one dimensional on offense to beat NS. However NS is missing a big time D1 safety who’ll be out until the playoffs so that could make things interesting. If Cita can’t get the run game going which they haven’t been able to the past 4-5 meetings they played NS, they’ll get blown out. Cause they won’t be able to stop NS offense.

2 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Doubt it, they’re terrible on defense and are too one dimensional on offense to beat NS. However NS is missing a big time D1 safety who’ll be out until the playoffs so that could make things interesting. If Cita can’t get the run game going which they haven’t been able to the past 4-5 meetings they played NS, they’ll get blown out. 

We'll see. Atascocita has some great line play on both sides.

North Shore is the favorite for sure but their district game last year was close (16-13 NS win).

I don't think it will be a blow out.

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

We'll see. Atascocita has some great line play on both sides.

North Shore is the favorite for sure but their district game last year was close (16-13 NS win).

I don't think it will be a blow out.

Yeah but this was without Bailey at QB, he hasn’t loss a game as a starting QB and hasn’t had many close games as the starting QB at NS.

12 hours ago, Yeoj said:

At this point I think Westbrook would take any win they could get!!!

I won’t beat a dead horse but yall know my thoughts when it comes to this 

10 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Coach Izzy Dizzy beating that chest early this morning.  I get it.... NO one on this site has the football knowledge he has.  I've heard thought the grapevine that he is at the top of the list of the Bama or Patriots job when Saban and Belichick retire. 

11 hours ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Statements like this lets me know guys like you don’t know nothing about football. Stump is an elite coach especially on the offensive side! Coached against him many times, offensive scheme is one of the best in the state. Has he won a state title? No, but the comments I see you guys make about him on here is laughable honestly. The guy has won at a high level consistently everywhere he’s been. Keep in mind he beat NS in 16 & 17, just beat Katy a few weeks ago & has been to a state semifinals. Also Last 3 or 4 years he’s made it to the regional finals, not sure how a guy with the resume of stump’s is classified as someone who can’t coach smh

He also beat North Shore in 09. :)