Beaumont West Brook (0) @ Humble Atascocita (71) - FINAL

jdawg03

Just now, wbfan said:

He also beat North Shore in 09. :)

Usually when someone post about knowing all things football and trying to play it off as others lacking knowledge about the sport.... that's usually a shortcoming in the confidence and maturity stages of manhood. 

1 hour ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Bro no team he lost to when he was at WB he had more talent than the opposing team (maybe a couple games where the talent was equal but that’s apart of coaching) I’ll just go back to when he took over:

2005: 8-2 only losses were to Westfield & Katy who both are far more superior in every aspect of football. (Keep in mind he took over a team that went 2-8 the prior season)

2006: 9-4 losses to Westfield, Humble, Channelview & loss in the 3rd round to Cy Falls. Cy Falls played for a state title that year FYI.

2007: 10-2 only losses Westfield 33-24 & Fort Bend Clements 36-33 mind Clements had a Pro in Derek Carr playing QB

2008: 8-2 only losses NS & Dickinson

2009: 9-4 only losses to Westfield, IKE, Katy & Cinco Ranch 

2010: 8-4 only losses to Katy, NS, La Porte & Pearland 

2011: 6-5 only losses to Katy, NS, PA La Porte & Deer Park 

Stump went 58-23 during his 7 year tenure at WB thats winning over 72% of his games coaching in a school district that lacked (and still does) the infrastructure to have a successful football program. 

Now he’s at Atascocita & has turned them into a juggernaut & he’s probably going to be a HOF before it’s all said & done. Again idk where the narrative on here come from that Stump is just an “ok” coach but his resume says otherwise. He’s literally done everything as a head coach except win a state title.

I may not be old enough to make this next statement but stump is probably the best football coach to come through Beaumont in my lifetime.

All the teams I made bold, Stump's WB teams had equal or better talent than. Stump had future pros on those team as well.  Christine Micheal and Ryan Grant were on the team that lost to Dickerson. Hell Peevy accomplished more at WB with less. My opinion might be strong as calling him not good, but he definitely underachieved with the talent he had at WB. Plus, the Atascocita fanbase is starting the have those same sentiments. 

35 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

All the teams I made bold, Stump's WB teams had equal or better talent than. Stump had future pros on those team as well.  Christine Micheal and Ryan Grant were on the team that lost to Dickerson. Hell Peevy accomplished more at WB with less. My opinion might be strong as calling him not good, but he definitely underachieved with the talent he had at WB. Plus, the Atascocita fanbase is starting the have those same sentiments. 

Lol you gotta stop this! CMike & RG were indeed Pro’s no disrespect to them but it’s levels, you can’t compare them to a guy who’s been in the league for almost a decade and made multiple pro bowls. Not to mention there were a couple other D1 players on that clements team. That ain’t equal talent, also that IKE team if I remember right signed the most D1 players than any other HS in the country that year. As far as Dickinson, coached against them many times they’ve always had more talent than WB and still do!  That Cy Falls team was LOADED, hence why they played in the state championship game that year & lost to a Cedar Hill team that had way more talent. 

Outside of the one state run Peevy’s tenure (he benefited from Katy having to play in the D1 bracket that year) was very average at WB & don’t even compare to Stump come on man this not even a debate. Stump is literally an offensive wizard! Can coach it with the best of them. 

Stump will be at Cita for as long as he wants to be & when he decides to retire his son will take over the reins. If the fan base is upset they’re simply delusional, they expect him to beat a NS program that has more talent & has only loss 4 games in the last 5 years? Come on 

43 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

I'll just say this. A lot of times guys ran their own plays instead of what was called. Obviously didn't work all the time.

20 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Lol you gotta stop this! CMike & RG were indeed Pro’s no disrespect to them but it’s levels, you can’t compare them to a guy who’s been in the league for almost a decade and made multiple pro bowls. Not to mention there were a couple other D1 players on that clements team. That ain’t equal talent, also that IKE team if I remember right signed the most D1 players than any other HS in the country that year. As far as Dickinson, coached against them many times they’ve always had more talent than WB and still do!  That Cy Falls team was LOADED, hence why they played in the state championship game that year & lost to a Cedar Hill team that had way more talent. 

Outside of the one state run Peevy’s tenure (he benefited from Katy having to play in the D1 bracket that year) was very average at WB & don’t even compare to Stump come on man this not even a debate. Stump is literally an offensive wizard! Can coach it with the best of them. 

Stump will be at Cita for as long as he wants to be & when he decides to retire his son will take over the reins. If the fan base is upset they’re simply delusional, they expect him to beat a NS program that has more talent & has only loss 4 games in the last 5 years? Come on 

Thank you. 

We had to take on Katy, Clements, Cinco Ranch and Cy-Falls when I played on WB. ALL of those teams made it to AT LEWST the 4th round

I guarantee you that if we went 5A D2 any of those years we go at least 5 rounds deep.

4 minutes ago, Coach_Izzy said:

Lol you gotta stop this! CMike & RG were indeed Pro’s but it’s levels, you can’t compare them to a guy who’s been in the league for almost a decade and made multiple pro bowls. Not to mention there were a couple other D1 players on that clements team. That ain’t equal talent, also that IKE team if I remember right signed the most D1 players than any other HS in the country that year. As far as Dickinson, coached against them many times they’ve always had more talent than WB and still do!  That Cy Falls team was LOADED, hence why they played in the state championship game that year & lost to a Cedar Hill team that had way more talent. 

Man the Derek Carr that played for Clements wasn't the QB he is today. Didn't he move to California before his senior year and then he took off? I actually went to that game in the cold and rain and watch Stump trick off the win. WB led that game until a little over a minute left. It was some very questionable calls by the coach that cost WB that game. That Dickerson team didn't have the Lamarque kids on it that the Dickerson North Shore has been playing has. WB was clearly the better team in that game and Stump got in his own way again. As far as the Cy-Falls team, WB was better than them on both sides the ball, hell sports mags had the Bruins as the dark horses to make out the region that year. Dude underachieves as the head coach given the talent at his disposal.

As for Peevy he made it to the holy grail of TX high school football, the state championship game. Stump can't even make it out the region. So if we use your logic, doesn't that make him the better coach? Peevy has a state runner-up trophy on his resume, Stump doesn't.

7 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

Man the Derek Carr that played for Clements wasn't the QB he is today. Didn't he move to California before his senior year and then he took off? I actually went to that game in the cold and rain and watch Stump trick off the win. WB led that game until a little over a minute left. It was some very questionable calls by the coach that cost WB that game. That Dickerson team didn't have the Lamarque kids on it that the Dickerson North Shore has been playing has. WB was clearly the better team in that game and Stump got in his own way again. As far as the Cy-Falls team, WB was better than them on both sides the ball, hell sports mags had the Bruins as the dark horses to make out the region that year. Dude underachieves as the head coach given the talent at his disposal.

As for Peevy he made it to the holy grail of TX high school football, the state championship game. Stump can't even make it out the region. So if we use your logic, doesn't that make him the better coach? Peevy has a state runner-up trophy on his resume, Stump doesn't.

There’s context behind everything, Peevy wasn’t playing the same level in competition that Stump is/was playing. 6A D2 is like JV compared to 6A D1…stump is competing in the toughest region in the state, ain’t no shame in losing to NS hell they beating everybody else too. I’ve coached against both coaches & I’m telling you it ain’t close, I don’t think Peevy is a bad coach but he’s not on the same level of Stump. 

There is nothing in this world that more people are a fan of or enjoy, but really have no clue about what they're talking about, like football. I promise you, 100%, if Izzy coached HS ball in Texas, and you haven't, he knows more football thank you. Wish we could get a real time virtual white board and have some of you even do the most simple of things, like even identify if a run scheme is Zone or Gap Scheme. Could you identify it in 2 to 3 seconds? I promise you Izzy can, and I don't even know him. Humble yourselves. Yall don't really know as much as you think you do. Just because you know what play action pass is when you watch football on Saturdays and Sundays doesn't really mean squat. Have you game planned against another coach who is getting paid to beat you? 

41 minutes ago, BMT Truth said:

There is nothing in this world that more people are a fan of or enjoy, but really have no clue about what they're talking about, like football. I promise you, 100%, if Izzy coached HS ball in Texas, and you haven't, he knows more football thank you. Wish we could get a real time virtual white board and have some of you even do the most simple of things, like even identify if a run scheme is Zone or Gap Scheme. Could you identify it in 2 to 3 seconds? I promise you Izzy can, and I don't even know him. Humble yourselves. Yall don't really know as much as you think you do. Just because you know what play action pass is when you watch football on Saturdays and Sundays doesn't really mean squat. Have you game planned against another coach who is getting paid to beat you? 

Truthfully it’s laughable, they try discredit someone who coached at the highest level in TXHSFB & at the best program in state. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to learned from a future HOF in Jon Kay & some other brilliant coaches and also coach against some great coaches. Yet guys who ain’t never sniffed a football field telling me I’m crazy for my takes on here, make it make sense. 🤔

10 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Bruh don't get in your feelings. I been a lurker for a long time. You don't have quality football IQ takes. I'm sure most football coaches don't know the ins and outs of whatever your profession is either. It's just reality. You don't know as much as you think you do. 

5 minutes ago, BMT Truth said:

Bruh don't get in your feelings. I been a lurker for a long time. You don't have quality football IQ takes. I'm sure most football coaches don't know the ins and outs of whatever your profession is either. It's just reality. You don't know as much as you think you do. 

Izzy 2.0