Snapshot Day

AggiesAreWe

36 minutes ago, skipmeister said:

Likely to the private schools in the area (only if some people could afford it).

So, I hope the following clears the air about where the kids are going etc.....

Beaumont has 3 public high schools(WB, United, Early College, which is seperate)

Two private religious schools(Kelly Legacy Christian or whatever the name is)

a couple of charter schools(Harmony Science is one and there's one behind Baptist hospital)

Plus kids going to HF and HJ

So, there are vast choices in Beamont.  and Bob Hope has an elementary here so there's that

1 hour ago, Unbelievableee said:

What a Joke! Idk how they pulled that off 

I know you're probably very smart, because your comments sound very smart, but perhaps the growth in Lumberton is channeling through younger families who have younger children who have not made it to the high school level yet. Because (and I'm sure you know this too) the snapshot numbers are only for high school kids enrolled in the district, not K-8 grades or kids enrolled in private schools. I really shouldn't have brought this up, because, being as smart as you are, you probably already considered this possibility.

16 minutes ago, AshlyHasBeen said:

Cleveland went from 2,900.5 to 3,734 in ONE realignment cycle. 

There is simply no way their school infrastructure was ready for this kind of growth. And not just in the last 2 years.

This school was a middle of the road 4A school just 10 years ago.

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

There is simply no way their school infrastructure was ready for this kind of growth. And not just in the last 2 years.

This school was a middle of the road 4A school just 10 years ago.

Very odd situation for more than just the school.  Not the forum for it, but if interested you all can search out the reason for growth in Cleveland on the internet.  

22 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I know you're probably very smart, because your comments sound very smart, but perhaps the growth in Lumberton is channeling through younger families who have younger children who have not made it to the high school level yet. Because (and I'm sure you know this too) the snapshot numbers are only for high school kids enrolled in the district, not K-8 grades or kids enrolled in private schools. I really shouldn't have brought this up, because, being as smart as you are, you probably already considered this possibility.

LOL I love it!

52 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

L-Train people have been saying this for the last 10 to 12 years, i assume these families with all these younger children move out of Lumberton ISD after 8th grade?

33 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

The issue is well known. 

But why is it called an Issue?  And I’ve seen some people refer to it as ‘unwanted growth’.  I definitely can read between the lines.  But my rebuttal is anytime your town grows, it’s great for the local economy.  And anytime your town grows this fast, that’s even better.