Silsbee (20) @ West Orange-Stark (6) - FINAL

jdawg03

48 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Just finished watching, I think tonight was the night HH lost his locker room for the foreseeable future. 

Why? They got leather couches and a sound system and a fog machine and strobe lights for the run out and color changing LEDs to turn blue if we win.

Is this a school or a night club?

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Last season. PNG held us to only 6 at DRH.

I looked again to see how far back we were last held to 6pts or less. Pre HH Era... it was the "called early game" at Nederland 2 years ago. Or as some say the "CT Covid game". Then all the way back to Giddings in 2011... CT's 1st year as HC.

For a District game... all the way back to 2002. PNG held us to 3 pts. But the defense pitched shutout #65 and we won 3-0

8 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

They went back out to shake hands because our alumni went down there and made it happen. We show respect when we win and when we lose. The Mustang Way.

Some people only want to see the Mustangs in a bad light smh. I hope the guys who came back to shake hands continue to be leaders for the team.

7 hours ago, XX Man said:

Hiawatha Hickman showed his true character after Silsbee handed him his butt. In true bad loser fashion he sent WOS to the  field house with 24 seconds left and did not send them to shake Silsbee's hand. Then, several players, having more integrity than their loser coach, returned to the field to shake hands with Silsbee, but, here comes Hickman's Lackeys, to collect them and send them to the field house. What a jerk. I told the school board last year, that this was going to happen. Hickman needs to go and Rickie Harris needs to go with him

Agree!

This may take a minute but here is another view...

Most of this thread is centered around the Mustang Community. Lets include both for a minute.

Football by nature is decided by the fear of losing and how it is overcome thru talent and execution.  Discipline is a HUGE part of execution in football.

The mood of this game was so obvious before the first play of the game, which I could be wrong, there were so many, had offsetting personal fouls called due to the competitive nature of these squads.

Im a Silsbee fan, so I am biased to a degree, but even I recognize the importance of what is happening.  In the past, the teams that play WOS regularly were mentally beaten, in most cases before even stepping on the field.  That is a reputation and mystique that is well earned and has been displayed for decades.  That mystique is under attack and it has created a fear that is hard to accept. 

For this game:  From my view it was undisciplined for both squads at times, which was displayed by both teams throughout the game but I dont think it was a dirty game by any means.  Both teams were super aggressive from the first kick and I think the attempt to control the game through personal fouls affected every referee on that field, and they missed a ton of the penalties in the interior line that was showing the real battle between the teams.  Not the "swagger", "look at me" attitudes I was seeing.

WOS is a good team that is having to adapt, it may take some time to "right the ship" or it could go the way of LaMarque.

Can you even imagine if/when Carthage has to go thru the same thing? It will be a mood I can assure you. 

Do not let that happen as our area, region and state would not be the same.

Silsbee is a very good team right now and they are not just growing more confident each year but it is starting to show in the results. Silsbee would lose this game almost every time a few years ago.  Crumbling under the intensity and magnitude of this game.

The last thing I will say is the mystique is not gone from WOS Mustang Football...  Silsbee took this very serious because it was a test in many ways...

Can they be the next power football program in this area or not?

Can they handle the pressure and high expectation that comes from their community with it?

Time will tell and for me, 30+ years of witnessing football in the 409 will always be the same.  Tough and emotional.

Keep the mystique Stangs'.  Fight back as you always have and lets keep at it. See ya in the playoffs.

#Respect  #Represent

Wig

18 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Any individual stats for Silsbee? 

Miller should have been over a 100 receiving and Kibbles over 100 rushing 

Silsbee Rough Stats (Pretty Close to KOGT) Will get the official results later.

Rushing

33 Carries    102 YDs   1 TD 

Kibbles    22 Carries   90 YDs   1 TD

Passing

Moshier   19 - 31  222 Yards   2 TDs

Receiving

Miller    5 Rec   45  YDs   1 TD

Cartwright   4 Rec   68 YDs  1 TD

Im sure I missed a few in there but this is pretty close.

4 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

Most of this thread is centered around the Mustang Community. Lets include both for a minute.

Football by nature is decided by the fear of losing and how it is overcome thru talent and execution.  Discipline is a HUGE part of execution in football.

The mood of this game was so obvious before the first play of the game, which I could be wrong, there were so many, had offsetting personal fouls called due to the competitive nature of these squads.

Im a Silsbee fan, so I am biased to a degree, but even I recognize the importance of what is happening.  In the past, the teams that play WOS regularly were mentally beaten, in most cases before even stepping on the field.  That is a reputation and mystique that is well earned and has been displayed for decades.  That mystique is under attack and it has created a fear that is hard to accept. 

For this game:  From my view it was undisciplined for both squads at times, which was displayed by both teams throughout the game but I dont think it was a dirty game by any means.  Both teams were super aggressive from the first kick and I think the attempt to control the game through personal fouls affected every referee on that field, and they missed a ton of the penalties in the interior line that was showing the real battle between the teams.  Not the "swagger", "look at me" attitudes I was seeing.

WOS is a good team that is having to adapt, it may take some time to "right the ship" or it could go the way of LaMarque.

Can you even imagine if/when Carthage has to go thru the same thing? It will be a mood I can assure you. 

Silsbee is a very good team right now and they are not just growing more confident each year but it is starting to show in the results. Silsbee would lose this game almost every time a few years ago.  Crumbling under the intensity and magnitude of this game.

The last thing I will say is the mystique is not gone from WOS Mustang Football...  Silsbee took this very serious because it was a test in many ways...

Can they handle the pressure and high expectation that comes from their community with it?

Time will tell and for me, 30+ years of witnessing football in the 409 will always be the same.  Tough and emotional.

Keep the mystique Stangs'.  Fight back as you always have and lets keep at it. See ya in the playoffs.

#Respect  #Represent

Wig

Well said, but the funny part is things are going in the wrong direction here.CT sat on Silsbee side.things are turning in the wrong way here.

15 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

WOS has lost to ranked PNG in overtime, Newton by 4, and #2 Silsbee by 14. I mean, that’s not completely horrible. Any other 4A team and down in this area would most likely have these 3 same losses if it were their schedule.

It’s not a “bad” loss on the board, but just an overall poor product on the field by the Stangs. They’re leaving a lot of meat on the bone over there.

I had the same thought. They’re not a bad team, they’re just better than what hit the field last night. 

WOS fan is coming to grips with being a good team, not a great or elite team anymore and it stings a little. 

15 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

#Respect  #Represent

Wig

Really, really good post sir 

16 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

It’s not a “bad” loss on the board, but just an overall poor product on the field by the Stangs. They’re leaving a lot of meat on the bone over there.

I had the same thought. They’re not a bad team, they’re just better than what hit the field last night. 

WOS fan is coming to grips with being a good team, not a great or elite team anymore and it stings a little. 

WOS still has talent and some young talent that should be promising for seasons to come. However, the discipline of the program is falling. I try to stay optimistic but I’m not turning a blind eye. The teams success will only be as good as the leadership. Talent will not overcome poorly disciplined leadership.