Silsbee (20) @ West Orange-Stark (6) - FINAL

jdawg03

5 minutes ago, Pepper Brooks said:

No offense but both teams need to clean up their act

Well, I think she understands that. She named Silsbee in particular because they have aspirations of a deep run. WOS is gonna be 5-6, at best, with another first round exit. That staff is not capable of winning games like this or any other big game.

And yes, it was a sad display on both sides.

Part of me wants to see Coach Smith lay down the law. You get a stupid 15 yard penalty, you sit down for the rest of the game.

Of course, he's also expected to win football games. People will be complaining about why we lost to ______ if he has to sit a few key players in a tight game.

I just know the Jasper game is gonna look similar to this if nothing changes.

3 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

They went back out to shake hands because our alumni went down there and made it happen. We show respect when we win and when we lose. The Mustang Way.

Yep. And that’s very sportsmanlike. I’m just saying if they went against what their coaches said , that’s a discipline issue. That’s on the coaches. 

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

Buddy, I think they were trying to stop a brawl. 

They wouldn't have to if they would instill some discipline in the program. I've seen a time when CT said no hand shakes. JD3 still went to midfield to settle up with BC that game too.

This mood is growing worse every week. Alumni jumping the fence. Getting on the sidelines. Players not allowed to speak to fam after the game. This experiment needs to be curtailed before we lose even more. And I'm not talking about the win loss column.

1 minute ago, Tigers94 said:

Part of me wants to see Coach Smith lay down the law. You get a stupid 15 yard penalty, you sit down for the rest of the game.

Of course, he's also expected to win football games. People will be complaining about why we lost to ______ if he has to sit a few key players in a tight game.

I just know the Jasper game is gonna look similar to this if nothing changes.

I agree cant get deep in the playoffs with the lack of dicipline 

26 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

From what I gather, penalties helped slow down Silsbee's offense.

So far this has been the most undisciplined team that i have seen maybe since Smiths first year here.  Way too may  15 yarders this year as a whole.  People are right if we dont clean that up it is going to cost us big sooner or later.

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I need @OleMoe to come explain why WO-S did not win this game. He all but guaranteed a Mustang win over the Tigers. Heard it there first or something like that.

I picked Silsbee to win by 14 and they did just that. Missed on the total score (38-24) but still a 14 point win.

I think he wanted to get the thread to 30 something pages again is all he had on his mind 

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I need @OleMoe to come explain why WO-S did not win this game. He all but guaranteed a Mustang win over the Tigers. Heard it there first or something like that.

I picked Silsbee to win by 14 and they did just that. Missed on the total score (38-24) but still a 14 point win.

@OleMoe was probably coaching the game snd calling the plays

Hiawatha Hickman showed his true character after Silsbee handed him his butt. In true bad loser fashion he sent WOS to the  field house with 24 seconds left and did not send them to shake Silsbee's hand. Then, several players, having more integrity than their loser coach, returned to the field to shake hands with Silsbee, but, here comes Hickman's Lackeys, to collect them and send them to the field house. What a jerk. I told the school board last year, that this was going to happen. Hickman needs to go and Rickie Harris needs to go with him