3. Pleasant Grove 

5. Gilmer

Vs

Region 3

2. Silsbee 

8. Bellville 

10. Jasper

Am I missing anyone?

Way too early prediction. Only 1 of those teams will win the state championship. But the catch is... only 1 of those teams will play for it.

@house discussion started

This is a "non-discussion". Carthage will win the next 3 Championships. Give them the trophies now. They will not lose with what they have in the school for the next three years. 

33 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

This is a "non-discussion". Carthage will win the next 3 Championships. Give them the trophies now. They will not lose with what they have in the school for the next three years. 

Hear that Silsbee? Cancel your reservations and watch it on Bally's like the rest of us.

@AggiesAreWe 

@BADSANTA

@Silsbee92

Carthage felt that way against Glen Rose Carthage was so lucky that RB from Glen rose fumble that ball it took everything Carthage had to win that game they had to score with 3 seconds left to win so you never know what can happen China Springs has also beaten carthage to me glen rose lost that game more than Carthage just beating them.

8 minutes ago, Mballler#1 said:

Carthage felt that way against Glen Rose Carthage was so lucky that RB from Glen rose fumble that ball it took everything Carthage had to win that game they had to score with 3 seconds left to win so you never know what can happen China Springs has also beaten carthage to me glen rose lost that game more than Carthage just beating them.

Period.

10 minutes ago, Mballler#1 said:

Yep, what Carthage has coming greatly exceeds what they had last year and likely any year prior. It is hard to understand if you have not seen. Expect Suratt to close it out with the greatest 4 year run in Texas history. 

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

You can change that 19 years. But does he retire then? Maybe a package NIL deal for Jett that would get dad too.

I expect he will retire or move on when Jett graduates. The "4 year" run will be 64-0 which will likely be regarded as the "best run". I think the only chance for a loss would be if they "play up" in pre-district at the next alignment where a higher classification opponent provides too much for them. Obviously, his entire career in Carthage could/will be considered the greatest run for a career. 

13 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

I expect he will retire or move on when Jett graduates. The "4 year" run will be 64-0 which will likely be regarded as the "best run". I think the only chance for a loss would be if they "play up" in pre-district at the next alignment where a higher classification opponent provides too much for them. Obviously, his entire career in Carthage could/will be considered the greatest run for a career. 

14 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Carthage could go 64-0 with 4 state titles but that isnt the "best run". Lake Travis went 77-3 with 5 state titles in a row ('07-'11), while being in a larger classification. Thats the best run all time. 

10 minutes ago, AledoAlumni said:

Carthage could go 64-0 with 4 state titles but that isnt the "best run". Lake Travis went 77-3 with 5 state titles in a row ('07-'11), while being in a larger classification. Thats the best run all time. 

What is the longest win streak in history? 

25 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

I hope you don’t really think Carthage would win that matchup the last two seasons? Last year would be closer but the state championship Oak Cliff team wins by 3-4 TDs

Not a chance Carthage gets beat by 3-4 TDs this past year (the 2022 team was much better than the 2021 team). And "Yes" I definitely think Carthage "could" have won the game. 

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Not a chance Carthage gets beat by 3-4 TDs this past year (the 2022 team was much better than the 2021 team). And "Yes" I definitely think Carthage "could" have won the game. 

South Oak Cliff 21-22 isn’t losing to last years Carthage team IMO… I think several non Carthage people would agree with that statement.