Vidor is open !!

lcm93

6 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Unless they don't open the job and hire the very best available applicant. Then more should be said

I’m torn on this one… I think Vidor has historically underperformed by everybody else’s standards. But Vidor is actually happy with their record… they just want another character guy who also coaches. 

But I think the world of Coach Dubois. He is an outstanding man and I can’t say enough about what all he did for my boys. If Vidor had qbs who could throw it around a little, Dubois would do so, I’m pretty sure. He never minded mixing passes in at BC. 

A more diverse slot t would probably work pretty well in Vidor’s current district if there was decent production through the air… I like the hire, but probably because I like the guy personally.  Does anybody from Vidor have an accurate comparison between Dubois and Mathews, or is it pretty much a carbon copy?

14 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

lcm just did this same process they didnt open up theirs to the public either IIRC they had  few in mind they wanted. vidor has the right to do the same.

LCMs coach is a high calibre coach. They weren't going to get better even if they posted it and they knew it. 

Vidor didn't post out of fear that a good coach may apply

10 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’m torn on this one… I think Vidor has historically underperformed by everybody else’s standards. But Vidor is actually happy with their record… they just want another character guy who also coaches. 

But I think the world of Coach Dubois. He is an outstanding man and I can’t say enough about what all he did for my boys. If Vidor had qbs who could throw it around a little, Dubois would do so, I’m pretty sure. He never minded mixing passes in at BC. 

A more diverse slot t would probably work pretty well in Vidor’s current district if there was decent production through the air… I like the hire, but probably because I like the guy personally.  Does anybody from Vidor have an accurate comparison between Dubois and Mathews, or is it pretty much a carbon copy?

DuBois knows more about football and is a better coach. Mathews is more of  a politician and knows how to make the right people happy.

13 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

LCMs coach is a high calibre coach. They weren't going to get better even if they posted it and they knew it. 

Vidor didn't post out of fear that a good coach may apply

To be clear the job has to be posted for 10 days on the school site whether they know    who they are going to hire or not.   I don’t think there is any requirement to post in other places. Although that is usually a good idea.

If the Slot-T just absolutely has to be the offense that Vidor runs then there is none better that DuBois. Yes I do wish they would have weighed all options and that they are more than capable of running a different style offense. It just gets so damn boring watching the Slot-T year after year  but if it's  going  to have to be the offense then Dwayne is the man. Crueder or the current OC would be a disaster

14 hours ago, Hagar said:

I agree.  Most (all?) of the teams successful with the Slot T have a decent passing attack, like teams who use the Spread have a decent run game.

Slot T teams pass the ball 2 percent of the time . Spread teams run a pretty balanced attack , about a 50/50 run/pass. No comparison.

If they could just do a straight drop back or some more quick passes when its  open that would be nice. Dont always have the time for 3 fakes ,  then for the qb to turn his back to the line and run backwards then turn around to find the receiver. They are usually covered by then

9 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Slot T teams pass the ball 2 percent of the time . Spread teams run a pretty balanced attack , about a 50/50 run/pass. No comparison.

If they could just do a straight drop back or some more quick passes when its  open that would be nice. Dont always have the time for 3 fakes ,  then for the qb to turn his back to the line and run backwards then turn around to find the receiver. They are usually covered by then

I’d be interested to know how often successful Slot T teams pass the ball. Be willing to bet it’s more than 2%.  To stop the Slot T most defenses put 11 defenders in the box.  That leaves the receivers wide open.

9 hours ago, Coach85 said:

I had a nephew play for Liberty Hill. I watched games where they didn’t even mention throwing the ball. Liberty Hill is one of the top three teams in the state if not the top successful teams that run the slot T. I would say 2%! of the time they pass is about right for them. It may be even a little high.

If Liberty Hill throws it...something typically went terribly wrong...

On 2/12/2023 at 7:46 PM, Bigdog said:

To be clear the job has to be posted for 10 days on the school site whether they know    who they are going to hire or not.   I don’t think there is any requirement to post in other places. Although that is usually a good idea.

It don’t have to be posted on website. It can be a flyer on a door at the school

On 2/17/2023 at 8:03 PM, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

If the Slot-T just absolutely has to be the offense that Vidor runs then there is none better that DuBois. Yes I do wish they would have weighed all options and that they are more than capable of running a different style offense. It just gets so damn boring watching the Slot-T year after year  but if it's  going  to have to be the offense then Dwayne is the man. Crueder or the current OC would be a disaster

Didn't Credeur have success in Lumberton?

11 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Didn't Credeur have success in Lumberton?

ALVIN CREDEUR
7 years 34-39-0
2006    Lumberton       4-6-0
2007    Lumberton    11-2-0 C
2008    Lumberton      8-2-0 C
2009    Lumberton      5-5-0
2010    Lumberton      5-5-0
2011    Lumberton      1-9-0
2012    Lumberton     0-10-0