Vidor is open !!

lcm93

12 hours ago, Gocats90 said:

Ok I have a question who is the actual front runners for this job? Would like to see a Slot-T coach come… Possibly a Liberty Hill assistant very unlikely.

It will come down to Dubois or Trahan (current oc).  Either one will run some variation of the Slot-T, the question will be, does the district want to go with an experienced head coach that is retired and looking to double up his pay or an assistant coach looking to make a name for himself.

4 hours ago, VidorPirate said:

It will come down to Dubois or Trahan (current oc).  Either one will run some variation of the Slot-T, the question will be, does the district want to go with an experienced head coach that is retired and looking to double up his pay or an assistant coach looking to make a name for himself.

Trahan the Ex girls softball coach turned OC ? That dude has no idea how to run that offense, he simply emulated what Crueder was doing when he was OC ! Crueders the one that forever changed the offense from methodical to unmethodical. At least DuBois could actually fix what Crueder and Trahan broke !

Mathews has the entire  community  brainwashed into thinking that the Slot-T is the only offense  that can be ran. Just because it's the only thing he knows how to coach doesn't mean its the only thing the kids can run  Just another way of keeping the Viduh/ Lumberton coaching familia together . Dude thinks he's Jerry Vance and has something worthy of passing down 😂🤣😅😆

This is for someone in the know:  Did Vidor try to contact certain coaches?  Like, say, the Liberty Hill OC?  You know, give him the opportunity to say yes or no.  And were there others that might be future Elite coaches they contacted?  I know they won't get an establish Elite coach.  But, Buchanan and Surratt were not Elite when they showed up at their respected schools.  I'm a firm believer in reaching for the sky and then working down.  I don't think much will come from starting at the bottom!  

36 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Mathews has the entire  community  brainwashed into thinking that the Slot-T is the only offense  that can be ran. Just because it's the only thing he knows how to coach doesn't mean its the only thing the kids can run  Just another way of keeping the Viduh/ Lumberton coaching familia together . Dude thinks he's Jerry Vance and has something worthy of passing down 😂🤣😅😆

Slot t is the most success they've had offensively 

3 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Trahan the Ex girls softball coach turned OC ? That dude has no idea how to run that offense, he simply emulated what Crueder was doing when he was OC ! Crueders the one that forever changed the offense from methodical to unmethodical. At least DuBois could actually fix what Crueder and Trahan broke !

i wholeheartedly agree with this. 

3 hours ago, Reagan said:

This is for someone in the know:  Did Vidor try to contact certain coaches?  Like, say, the Liberty Hill OC?  You know, give him the opportunity to say yes or no.  And were there others that might be future Elite coaches they contacted?  I know they won't get an establish Elite coach.  But, Buchanan and Surratt were not Elite when they showed up at their respected schools.  I'm a firm believer in reaching for the sky and then working down.  I don't think much will come from starting at the bottom!  

i was curious myself if vidor tried to get in contact with Liberty Hill's OC about the position. i think an outside hire can do a lot more with an open mind with the program but still running the same type of offense with his own touch on how to get the program to another level. 

3 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Slot t is the most success they've had offensively

Only because they don't know how to coach anything else. If they would have invested the same amount of time they invested into the slot-t into any other offense they could've had success in that offense as well . If you consider sub 500 successful. The slot-t will only develop slot-t type athletes because it is designed for non athletes , the drills and every within the system is non athletic.

4 hours ago, Reagan said:

Heck no. Mathews would never hire a great coach , it would kill his legacy of mediocrity . Plus a good coach would want to bring in their own staff and that would break up the lumberton/vidor coaching familia (AKA the sub 500 club). Which would mean more workload for Vidor Supt. Jay Kilgo

This was Vidors chance to turn the corner but instead they chose to think inside the box. You can think  outside the box or be stuck in the box.  Mathews had to remain in control of the programs future even though he is leaving and hand the job over to his buddies. Politics has always been his strong suit , thats how he kept his job for 24 years with a losing record.

I mean to not even post the job on the THSCA.com to attract more outsiders. Who knows, might of got some good candidates. His stranglehold on the program will remain tight for years after hes gone.

2 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Heck no. Mathews would never hire a great coach , it would kill his legacy of mediocrity . Plus a good coach would want to bring in their own staff and that would break up the lumberton/vidor coaching familia (AKA the sub 500 club). Which would mean more workload for Vidor Supt. Jay Kilgo

lol. Jay and I graduated together here in Jasper.

So, let me understand this:  Vidor will want the input of a coach with a losing record?!  And what's being talked about is hiring a coach with a losing record?!  Can someone help us make sense of this?  

PS -- Is it that Vidor has been in a losing way for so long that they think that is the norm?  Or, have they fallen into the trap of we don't have the kids and we'll never have the kids to compete?  So, the major requirement is that the HC be a nice guy?  

33 minutes ago, Reagan said:

So, let me understand this:  Vidor will want the input of a coach with a losing record?!  And what's being talked about is hiring a coach with a losing record?!  Can someone help us make sense of this?  

PS -- Is it that Vidor has been in a losing way for so long that they think that is the norm?  Or, have they fallen into the trap of we don't have the kids and we'll never have the kids to compete?  So, the major requirement is that the HC be a nice guy?  

C’mon Reagan, why you always ragging on the Pirates?  Why not the BC Cards?  The Kountze Lions?  Beaumont United?  Even your beloved Bulldogs?  Plenty of room for improvement in this area, by the Pirates and all the others mentioned above.

11 minutes ago, Hagar said:

C’mon Reagan, why you always ragging on the Pirates?  Why not the BC Cards?  The Kountze Lions?  Beaumont United?  Even your beloved Bulldogs?  Plenty of room for improvement in this area, by the Pirates and all the others mentioned above.

Please don't get him started on Nederland. 🤦🏾‍♂️