Hamshire Fannett vs Cuero

TexasBoy89

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

HF is very capable of beating Cuero meaning Cuero doesn't have to play bad for the Longhorns to win.

With that said, I am leaning towards a Cuero win.

You couldn't have said it any better Aggie. 100% agree with you.!  I" believe experience wins this game.

46 minutes ago, Who That said:

You couldn't have said it any better Aggie. 100% agree with you.!  I" believe experience wins this game.

I also agree with what he said. But who's experience? Kids or coaches?

Waggoner (5 yrs 32-23, 4x playoffs)

Cuero has a new coach this year, Jerod Fikac (6 yrs 45-25, 4x playoffs). They brought in an experienced HC to replace Alvarez. He has somehow managed to keep them in the playoffs. And only lost 1 game this season to bigger 4AD1 #2 CC Calallen. Who also is still in it with their 1st year HC.

How do they do they do it? 

It's like there's a proven method to the madness.

Good luck to both teams this week. Longhorn fans go easy on the turkey Thursday. Could be smoking some Gobblers Friday too.

25 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Cuero has a new coach this year, Jerod Fikac (6 yrs 45-25, 4x playoffs). They brought in an experienced HC to replace Alvarez. He has somehow managed to keep them in the playoffs. And only lost 1 game this season to bigger 4AD1 #2 CC Calallen. Who also is still in it with their 1st year HC.

Good luck to both teams this week. Longhorn fans go easy on the turkey Thursday. Could be smoking some Gobblers Friday too.

Your continued diatribe about first year coaches is beginning to wear a bit.

I believe you have expressed your point and it's a valid one. We get it.

32 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Kids and Coaches and the whole community. Out of these two teams Cuero I" would say has the experience. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if Hamshire Fannett wins buy 14. Because of the fact how stacked our district is. 🤷🏻‍♂️

11 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

It’s in the water up here in Cuero💪🏻😉

If Cuero doesn’t have another hiccup like they did against Salado  I’ll put my money on the Gobblers winning by 21+ and moving on to an interesting game against Silsbee. One game at a time Go Mean Green!!!  

3 hours ago, GMGKSA said:

It’s in the water up here in Cuero💪🏻😉

If Cuero doesn’t have another hiccup like they did against Salado  I’ll put my money on the Gobblers winning by 21+ and moving on to an interesting game against Silsbee. One game at a time Go Mean Green!!!  

It may be closer than you think. H-F hasn’t lost a game by more than 7 points all season. Should be a tight game 

I feel like HF is going to score here but I don't know if HF is going to stop Cuero either.  Whats the forecast for Friday in Katy?  If it stays dry, I think HF can upset Cuero.  IF its wet, give me the Gobblers by 10+

Tough matchup for my horns.  They may be outmanned in this one, but there’s no quit in this team.  I hate to say it, but I expect to see a game similar to the Silsbee game, with HF playing their hearts out and giving Cuero all they can handle, but coming up a hair short at the end.

I don’t have a clue who the best team here is, but I’m pulling for HF. I have a special affinity for the Long Horns, because they handed the Newton Eagles their only loss in 1974 by the score 13-8. The first game of the year. Later,  in Bi - District Newton beat HF by the score 14-13.  On their way to their first State Championship. That was a great rivalry for years.