Interesting commentary

AggiesAreWe

The Gilmer comment was un-called for.

I dont know what the context of the drive/situation was. Did the other team call timeout with little time left on the clock? Was it a pick prior setting them up with this field position?

Even without knowing these facts, throwing the ball in that situation is a bit of dick move regardless of what personnel is in. If they can't stop the run with second and third string guys in, so be it, but run the clock... you're up by four possessions. 

Coach S said on scoreboard live he was glad to get everyone in the game.

I saw CT punt on 1st down when it got that bad with the running clock. Other team 3 and outs. Then he got mad cause KJ didn't signal fair catch and the kids weren't blocking on the return. So he put the kicker out there on 1st down. And he makes that FG too. Only time I ever saw CT take the headset off that early. He just stood there on the sideline the rest of the 4th and clapped his hands like he was a fan.

It happens, and in some cases can't be avoided. I agree it's hardly worth celebrating that trash. But the guy could've been more professional on air.

Go Gilmer! Loved that part

Carthage was up 40-0 at the half, then quickly went up 54-0 early in the 3rd.

Surratt pulled all the starters and put in the 2nd string.   VA started scoring their points on the 2nd string, then in the 4th, Surratt put in some 3rd string and JV kids.   

VA still had their starters in, still trying to score.    I’m thinking that something else extracurricular was going on, because it’s unlike Surratt to do that at the end of the game.

I don’t mind it though.   If they leave their starters in, padding the stats, then why not let your kids score?

VA let his starters continue to score on Carthage 2’s and 3’s.  Why should Carthage not allow his reserves to score.  VA decided to take advantage of Carthage good graces.  Shouldn’t whine when they get scored on.  The question is what kind of coach won’t let his backups play when the game is over and the other coach signals they are not wanting to pile up points and rub it in.  

14 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Coach S said on scoreboard live he was glad to get everyone in the game.

I saw CT punt on 1st down when it got that bad with the running clock. Other team 3 and outs. Then he got mad cause KJ didn't signal fair catch and the kids weren't blocking on the return. So he put the kicker out there on 1st down. And he makes that FG too. Only time I ever saw CT take the headset off that early. He just stood there on the sideline the rest of the 4th and clapped his hands like he was a fan.

It happens, and in some cases can't be avoided. I agree it's hardly worth celebrating that trash. But the guy could've been more professional on air.

Go Gilmer! Loved that part

More professional?

How much you think they're paying these announcers? It's probably the assistant principal's brother in law calling the game after he got off his shift at the lumber yard.  Not sure how much professionalism can be demanded.

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I have no problem with the score by back-ups. The announcer sounds like he was fussy and needed a diaper change. 

Glad he wasn't doing old school Refugio games, he would've blew his top. They were trying to put 100 on you backups in or not, and were throwing deep bombs late in the 4th quarters, don't blame em either, play defense. 😂🤣

20 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

That guy needs to tell the whole story. 
what a jerk. 
it was 54 to 0 in the first half. Carthage pulled all starters in the start of the 3rd quarter. VA kept all starters in the game on both sides of the ball and scored 30 points on 2nd team, 3rd team and freshmen players. VA Never pulled their starters. So Surratt let the freshmen score. If he wants to rant on someone, he needs to point to VA head coach. 
Surratt has never run the score on any team. He would rather get his young players playing time. He could have scored a hundred in the 3rd quarter alone. 

17 minutes ago, Horton said:

That guy needs to tell the whole story. 
what a jerk. 
it was 54 to 0 in the first half. Carthage pulled all starters in the start of the 3rd quarter. VA kept all starters in the game on both sides of the ball and scored 30 points on 2nd team, 3rd team and freshmen players. VA Never pulled their starters. So Surratt let the freshmen score. If he wants to rant on someone, he needs to point to VA head coach. 
Surratt has never run the score on any team. He would rather get his young players playing time. He could have scored a hundred in the 3rd quarter alone. 

Point to the VA coach about what? Shame on him for being outmatched? 

Let's be honest. He was mad at the beating they took. The touchdown at the end was just something he could point to as being a reason. He can use that to say "I wasn't mad at losing, just the way they ran it up at the end." 
You can question running a play at 20 seconds. That's fine. But if you are one who wants someone to put the 2's and 3's out there and tell them not to try and score, go somewhere else.

Surratt doesn't care if they won by 24 or 31, for sure.

6 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Glad he wasn't doing old school Refugio games, he would've blew his top. They were trying to put 100 on you backups in or not, and were throwing deep bombs late in the 4th quarters, don't blame em either, play defense. 😂🤣

You ain’t ever lied.  😂

They may be right behind Aledo for most points scored in a single season.