Bellville (27) vs West Orange-Stark (20) - FINAL

jdawg03

25 minutes ago, BigRed5 said:

First time I had a chance to see WOS play this year. No wonder they didn't beat a team with a winning record this year! Bad tackling, penalties, lack of discipline, dropped balls, poor execusion in cruitial moments. Did not look like a WOS team!  Far cry from the the teams that has went four rounds deep for the last eleven years! Hard to believe it only took one year!!

Yes sir I agree 

1 minute ago, wo-s#1 said:

Maybe in your mind,in mine Silsbee and maybe just maybe Jasper weren’t…HF and Bellville are bad losses

How does that make sense? HF, Silsbee, and Jasper were all within 4 of each other.  And Bellville went undefeated in their district.  Albeit a bit weaker.. they’re still winning.  Which is all that some care about.

31 minutes ago, BigRed5 said:

First time I had a chance to see WOS play this year. No wonder they didn't beat a team with a winning record this year! Bad tackling, penalties, lack of discipline, dropped balls, poor execusion in cruitial moments. Did not look like a WOS team!  Far cry from the the teams that has went four rounds deep for the last eleven years! Hard to believe it only took one year!!

Yup that's all it took. First losing season since 1983...

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

It don’t think y’all can truly think clearly. If the coach had been chosen by the people and still lost, it’s still a loss. 

The problem the people have is a guy taking over that knew damn well what it took to win and instead of trying to do his part to keep it going he decides to change the entire program,feels like he intentionally turned this thing around…I mean he hired an OC that’s never been one and a DC that’s from WB and is known to give up 348 points a game…sounds like a disaster right?

3 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

What is the name of your team sir? How did they do in the playoffs?

I’m not even from the area.. but I enjoy high school sports.  Coincidentally, I have numerous friends/family in the coaching profession.  That’s part of the reason I sympathize for what they deal with.. such as being attacked after 1 season for several losses that weren’t really bad beats.  A majority of SeTx would’ve loved to had the season WOS is complaining about.

Just now, oldschool2 said:

I’m not even from the area.. but I enjoy high school sports.  Coincidentally, I have numerous friends/family in the coaching profession.  That’s part of the reason I sympathize for what they deal with.. such as being attacked after 1 season for several losses that weren’t really bad beats.  A majority of SeTx would’ve loved to had the season WOS is complaining about.

Majority of setx is NOT WOS…that’s all

31 minutes ago, wbfan said:

Ma'am...they aren't going to fire a coach that made the playoffs. West Orange-Stark is a school with a football team, not a football team with a school.

I beg to differ! It was UIL’s pity rule for low performing schools to make the play off for fun. This was NOT a coach performance win!

20 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

It don’t think y’all can truly think clearly. If the coach had been chosen by the people and still lost, it’s still a loss. 

We believe another coach would have continued our tradition. We also believe if any another qualified candidate would've been given any consideration at all. This could've been a better season for our student-athletes. And we would not have lost students as a result. 

4 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

Majority of setx is NOT WOS…that’s all

I’ll die on the hill that WOS didn’t have a burst of success until the classifications split into divisions.  Before that it had been roughly a couple decades before y’all could get out of the region.  It was.. blow through SeTx then buzzsaw about round 3/4 (Carthage or whoever).

At fault of nobody.  Still.. being the state power like those early years of 4A D2 just weren’t sustainable maybe.  Perhaps other schools have caught up talent wise.  Silsbee and Jasper have a lot of talent.. again.. the losses being complained about aren’t bad losses.

The school picked the coach with the blessing of CT, right? Give him some time.