Bellville (27) vs West Orange-Stark (20) - FINAL

jdawg03

25 minutes ago, dj said:

We post on here bcz its our opinion.but, something that ppl are doing is totally over the top.when at halftime ppl going to the gate to argue with coaches is over the line!! And to make it worse a pastor was on the sidelines and he shouldn't have to see that. Including,myself best thing is for everyone is to leave alone.when ur arguing with coaches it's crossing the line.no I don't believe in this coaching staff.but, I can leave it alone.it is what it is.praying for better days.im for one glad football season is over with.ik, the guy but he can't get caught up in the game like that at halftime.smh!!

Someone was arguing with the coaches? Was this at last nights game or an earlier one?

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Not a chance. Listen carefully... well be back to state before you. I know it's hard to understand. We've been struggling to figure it out too. How could a new coach come in and make such a change so fast? Sounds familiar to what happend for LCM when they made a great hiring decision. Only difference is which direction you were led.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way

So your telling me Hickman is bringing yall to a championship?

4 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

So your telling me Hickman is bringing yall to a championship?

No. Im telling you there are other coaches that could make a similar turn around here. Our program isn't nowhere near the position LCM was in under Crouch. We made a u turn this season with a bad hire. A good hire could see instant success. Always talent here and coming up in the future. Coaching, facilities, talent, community support, are all required for success. We only had 50% of that this season. And a sub .500 record to go along with that.

3 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

No. Im telling you there are other coaches that could make a similar turn around here. Our program isn't nowhere near the position LCM was in under Crouch. We made a u turn this season with a bad hire. A good hire could see instant success. Always talent here and coming up in the future. Coaching, facilities, talent, community support, are all required for success. We only had 50% of that this season. And a sub .500 record to go along with that.

I have no doubt about that. When i saw the arm tackling and the play calling. Im not trying to be funny but that was awful. Wos used to be well coached. That out there was a mediocre team that should have beat bellville by Atleast 2 tds. But a coaching change hasnt been made and if doesnt its only going to get worst. That guy kinda reminds me of Moody when he was at LCM 

22 minutes ago, Little Enos said:

Is Hiawatha going to the Silsbee/Smithville game ?

He saw more than a few of them already this season. They focused on the favorite to win district instead of PNG. And lost to both.

I hope every team we lost to wins the championship. I always do. But usually that's actually possible.

I'm rooting for

PNG - 5A D2

Newton - 3A D2

Bellville, HF, and Silsbee?

If 3 of those schools win the championship, our season won't seem as bad. Good losses? Never. CT loved losing early to expose weaknesses. CT would say we've had some suspects on the sidelines

1 minute ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

He saw more than a few of them already this season. They focused on the favorite to win district instead of PNG. And lost to both.

I hope every team we lost to wins the championship. I always do. But usually that's actually possible.

I'm rooting for

PNG - 5A D2

Newton - 3A D2

If 3 of those schools win the championship, our season won't seem as bad. Good losses? Never. CT loved losing early to expose weaknesses. CT would say we've had some suspects on the sidelines

This is more than once I’ve seen someone refer to “good losses”. They weren’t good losses.. they just weren’t bad losses.  There’s a difference. 

You just said CT loved losing early to expose weakness.  Whatever the reason.. I’d argue that it’s impossible to love losing. Maybe since he viewed them as serving a purpose, they weren’t bad losses.

JMO, The thing that separated WOS from the rest of the 409, was Cornell's continuation of the overall attitude and discipline, in the program. The kids bought into it, which was in my opinion made for a very special place. His defensive philosophy and the talent to go with it was dominating.  He is gone, and all that with it, WOS will have talent, and they will have good years and bad now, just like everybody else. Booking tickets for Dallas every year, with no second thoughts is over, done with, your just another SETX team.   

14 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I have no doubt about that. When i saw the arm tackling and the play calling. Im not trying to be funny but that was awful. Wos used to be well coached. That out there was a mediocre team that should have beat bellville by Atleast 2 tds. But a coaching change hasnt been made and if doesnt its only going to get worst. That guy kinda reminds me of Moody when he was at LCM 

It's awfully funny that we've been laughed at by the same broadcaster that called all those championship games from the booth at at&t.

Bellville stopped themselves as much as we stopped them. And we stopped ourselves more than they stopped us. We were one play away from knocking off a top ranked region favorite.

Moody was 8-28 from 2005-2008. Had to look it up to remember who you were talking about. Not an acceptable comparison.

6 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

It's awfully funny that we've been laughed at by the same broadcaster that called all those championship games from the booth at at&t.

Bellville stopped themselves as much as we stopped them. And we stopped ourselves more than they stopped us. We were one play away from knocking off a top ranked region favorite.

Moody was 8-28 from 2005-2008. Had to look it up to remember who you were talking about. Not an acceptable comparison.

Moody also didnt have the talent that wos had. You and i could have coached them and won 5 games. The talent was there 

16 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

This is more than once I’ve seen someone refer to “good losses”. They weren’t good losses.. they just weren’t bad losses.  There’s a difference. 

You just said CT loved losing early to expose weakness.  Whatever the reason.. I’d argue that it’s impossible to love losing. Maybe since he viewed them as serving a purpose, they weren’t bad losses.

I said good losses because I saw it earlier too. Those were not good losses. Some were bad losses because of the events leading to the losses. On paper it looks like we lost to great teams. Yes, can't take anything away from the quality of those teams. Each deserves all the accolades they've achieved and will continue to have success in the playoffs.

It's how we lost those games. So close and in every game. If not for undisciplined penalties, failing to get a play called in time, not using our talent to their capabilities, losing players almost on a weekly basis. All effects of one thing 🤔 

Petitions do not work bunk that, act, or else other schools will lure our athletic boys to their program. To the fellows who left good luck to them. It’s pointless to have all the new facilities and people won’t come to the games. I sure would not want to be the cause of tearing down a school tradition and taking away school revenue. Surly, would not be proud to finish 4th we are better than a 4th place finish. The un-organization on offense is just cringe worthy.

29 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Moody also didnt have the talent that wos had. You and i could have coached them and won 5 games. The talent was there 

I had someone tell the same thing yesterday before the game. No I couldn't have any better than anyone. Lol but there are/were fans in the stands and fellow classmates and alumni that could have. The comments earlier in this thread about the former WOS players on staff is laffable too. More in them later.

31 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I had someone tell the same thing yesterday before the game. No I couldn't have any better than anyone. Lol but there are/were fans in the stands and fellow classmates and alumni that could have. The comments earlier in this thread about the former WOS players on staff is laffable too. More in them later.

What’s laughable about the former Mustang football players on the coaching staff? You would think that they would be instrumental in keeping the Mustang football traditions alive, right? Are they being “silenced” by H and his coordinators? 

7 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

What’s laughable about the former Mustang football players on the coaching staff? You would think that they would be instrumental in keeping the Mustang football traditions alive, right? Are they being “silenced” by H and his coordinators? 

Well the OC is a LCM grad i believe 

2 hours ago, marshman said:

Someone was arguing with the coaches? Was this at last nights game or an earlier one?

Lastnite at game. I rather not go into detail abt things. This thing is bad !! I'm hoping they leave it alone.ik, them well and as a community I'm hoping someone has a solution.i mean a pastor was on the sideline and he shouldn't have to hear some of those things. And I see the pastor made a post abt it.

I think the WOS community has greatly underestimated the effect that Hall of Fame Coaching has had over there… not just in terms of Xs and Os, but also in regards to player development. That steady pipeline of D1 athletes just dried up without a HOF coach to develop them. 
You can’t just replace that with some dude that went to school at WOS. The truth is that there isn’t anybody out there that can replicate the past. If Toby was the answer, he’d be stacking up trophies where he is. He’s not, and he won’t if he comes back to Orange, either. 

There are only a handful of coaches capable of doing what’s been done in WOS, and none of them are interested in a potential opening at WOS. 

Sorry boys, it’s over. 

15 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

Yes. But, this thing has to have a solution.it has to end somewhere.

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I'm rooting for

PNG - 5A D2

Newton - 3A D2

I always enjoyed hearing some CT one liners.   The “suspects vs prospects” was always a good one.

I’m sure he will agree that the entire coaching staff would be considered suspects after year 1.